Starfield Downloadable Content is downloading to the XboxGames folder and not the Starfield...

Discus and support Starfield Downloadable Content is downloading to the XboxGames folder and not the Starfield... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The Xbox app is downloading the Starfield Old Mars and Constellations downloadable content to the XboxGames folder. When I try to load my save on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ClayPoweredUp, Dec 8, 2023.

1. Starfield Downloadable Content is downloading to the XboxGames folder and not the Starfield...

The Xbox app is downloading the Starfield Old Mars and Constellations downloadable content to the XboxGames folder. When I try to load my save on Starfield it tells me the content is missing. Whenever I try to move the contents of the DLC to the Starfield folder I get told I do not have permission. When I try to give permission to any of the folders within the XboxGames folder (Including XboxGames itself) I get error messages.

https://imgur.com/a/Eg7JKaR

:)

ClayPoweredUp, Dec 8, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Starfield Downloadable Content is downloading to the XboxGames folder and not the Starfield folder.

3. ClayPoweredUp Win User

Starfield Downloadable Content is downloading to the XboxGames folder and not the Starfield folder.

Except they're saying the content is missing when I try to launch my save file and people javelin posted guides showing how to fix it but I can't move the files because I'm locked out of doing so for some reason.
  4. Ahmed Wael2 Win User

Starfield is not recognizing my special pre-order items on one of my PCs, but it is on the rest.

I found a fix on PC from a guy on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/comments/166ugs5/this_save_relies_on_content_that_is_no_longer/

1. go to your xbox folder :)/xbox games)
    2. in the xbox folder you will find 3 folders\
      1. Constellation
      2. Old Mars
      3. Starfield
    3. go into the Constellation folder and copy all the files except the content folder into the Starfield folder (all the EACExxx files)
    4. go into the Constellation folder -> go into the Content folder -> go into the data folder and copy the 3 files, then go into the Starfield folder -> Content folder -> data folder and paste the 3 files there.
    5. Repeat step 3 and 4 but now for the Old Mars folder. (Copy again the EACE files into the starfield folder and again copy the 3 files from the Old Mars data folder into the data folder of Starfield
    6. launch the game and the error should be gone
  5. GEORGE KARA Win User

Starfield won't launch error code 0xc000005

You don't gonna believe me Lee but after posting this post, I dealt with Microsoft Live agents for 2 more days, did everything they said, even switched from Windows 10 to Windows 11. They even tried to connect to my computer twice and solve the problem themselves, but they could not. Most of them do not have the slightest software knowledge on how to solve the issue. Finally I solved the problem like this:
    0)Close windows defender

1)Download the torrent version from fitgirls site and install(and try to launch for one time to see if it's gonna work if it doesn't work that means you need updates or a better hardware. If ıt works go to step 2)

2)Replace all files and Data folder in C:\XboxGames\Starfield\Content folder except Config and D3D12 folders with torrent versions files that you cant find by right clicking to torrent versions desktop shortcut and open file location (don't touch config and D3D12 folders).
    3)Go to xbox pc app and try yo launch the starfield you gonna see that torrent version gonna start over xbox app. Close the game after launch and close the xbox app and go to C:\XboxGames\Starfield\Content folder then delete all the files with type: application extension and application(Don't touch DATA, Config and D3D12 folders)
    4)Uninstall the torrent version and restart the pc.
    5)Open xbox app go to starfield and start verification of game files. You gonna download the files that you deleted in step 4 and that was all for me I hope it works for you too. Now I can play normal xbox game pass pc version of the game. You can understand that by seeing your xbox name on the top left corner when you enter the game.
  6. Ronmar The Only Win User

Starfield - Xbox PC - Old Mars & Constellation Issue

Vanessa,

Thank you for your suggestions. Ultimately, they did not appear to work on their own.

However, after reinstalling once more (directly from the Microsoft store), I followed the following Bethesda Support instructions:

The content may be saving to different directories and need to be merged.

To resolve this, take the files listed below and copy/paste them into this folder: C:\XboxGames\Starfield\Content\Data

Old Mars Pack: C:\XboxGames\Old Mars\Content\Data

OldMars - Localization.ba2

OldMars - Textures.ba2

OldMars.esm

Premium Edition / Constellation Skins: C:\XboxGames\Constellation\Content\Data

Constellation - Localization.ba2

Constellation - Textures.ba2

Constellation.esm

This finally worked (I have seen some instructions online suggest you take additional files from the Old Mars Pack / Constellation folders, but that was not necessary, and I had attempted that multiple times in the past).

Also of note, my content is installed on the D drive rather than C.

Good luck to those venturing further into the Starfield.
Thema:

Starfield Downloadable Content is downloading to the XboxGames folder and not the Starfield...

1. Starfield Downloadable Content is downloading to the XboxGames folder and not the Starfield... - Similar Threads - Starfield Downloadable Content

2. bought starfield premium edition. NO DOWNLOAD link availbale in my microsft account! dont...

in XBoX on Windows
    bought starfield premium edition. NO DOWNLOAD link availbale in my microsft account! dont...: kinda pissed off Bough startfield premium edition through target. Got the liink to verify code. click the link and wants me to purchase again hell no. WEnt to my account. It shows both the...
  3. Series S console and I can't download starfield

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series S console and I can't download starfield: All it gives me options for is to either play on cloud Xbox game pass or purchase as a gift 6d639502-dada-40ba-9049-b8bb3db0c4f3
  4. Why can’t Starfield be downloaded on Xbox One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t Starfield be downloaded on Xbox One X: I’ve been playing Starfield on Xbox One X with cloud gaming but I find it to be absolutely terrible. Extremely laggy, constantly interrupted by network problem pop up. I know the issue isn’t my...
  5. Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...: On PC with updated win11, nvidia drivers, Win Security is green. Xbox app installs game (Starfield) after downloading all 121GB, then it stops "Something unexpected happened" error code...
  6. Starfield Unavailable to Download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield Unavailable to Download.: Starfield does not show on my Xbox (Microsoft Store). But when I check it on the Xbox app on my laptop it shows as "Not Available". I have also checked the Bethesda Website and it says that it...
  7. Starfield Unavailable to Download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield Unavailable to Download.: Starfield does not show on my Xbox (Microsoft Store). But when I check it on the Xbox app on my laptop it shows as "Not Available". I have also checked the Bethesda Website and it says that it...
  8. Downloaded Starfield on my Xbox x/s, but it won't launch.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloaded Starfield on my Xbox x/s, but it won't launch.: Downloaded Starfield but it won't launch. Need a disk or permission. It's digital. What gives? ad4aacbb-7882-4565-8254-b329701c6f2b
  9. Can't download Starfield into C Drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download Starfield into C Drive: Hey, I've tried downloading Starfield into my C Drive but it just popped up by just saying, "You can set your default install location to that folder. Try again." I've tried changing the default...
  10. Unable to download Starfield from Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Starfield from Microsoft Store: I have Game Pass Ultimate and a PC with two drives - a SSD for the OS and a HDD for apps and games. When I tried downloading Starfield the Microsoft Store was set to download new apps to the SSD....