Starfield crashes and freezes recurrently when I play on the Cloud with Game Pass for...

Discus and support Starfield crashes and freezes recurrently when I play on the Cloud with Game Pass for... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been playing Starfield in the Cloud on my Xbox One since September 6. I took out an Ultimate subscription specifically for this game. I quickly... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MAliaga, Oct 20, 2023.

1. MAliaga
    MAliaga Guest

Starfield crashes and freezes recurrently when I play on the Cloud with Game Pass for...

I've been playing Starfield in the Cloud on my Xbox One since September 6. I took out an Ultimate subscription specifically for this game. I quickly noticed that when I play the game, after a certain length of time (about 3 hours), an error message appears on the screen saying that my session on the Cloud has been interrupted. In other cases, the game would freeze without an error message, and I would be forced to quit the game. What's even more annoying is that I've noticed that the average playing time before one of these problems appears is getting shorter and shorter: in the last few days, I haven't even had to wait an hour for the first crash to occur. This happens every time I play Starfield. Restarting the game after this is laborious and requires several attempts, as I find myself in endless loading screens to launch the game on the Cloud. So far, I haven't been able to find a satisfactory answer to my problem and I'm starting to lose patience. I doubt I'll keep my Game Pass subscription any longer if these annoying problems persist. Do you have any idea what's causing the problem and whether it can be fixed? Thank you for your help.

:)

MAliaga, Oct 20, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Starfield crashes and freezes recurrently when I play on the Cloud with Game Pass for unknown reasons

Hello MAliaga,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question?

Thank you for understanding.
  3. Macal Cord Win User

Starfield crashes and freezes recurrently when I play on the Cloud with Game Pass for unknown reasons

I'm having the exact same problem...pre patch I played all night..it was literally 4am when I stopped the first day..now I'm lucky if I make it 30 mins before a crash. The game has become unplayable.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello MAliaga,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're experiencing some issues with Xbox Cloud games. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please note that Xbox Cloud games are still in beta testing and we are constantly working to improve their performance and stability. Some issues may arise during this phase, but rest assured that our team already knows them and is doing their best to resolve them as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to develop this feature.

Here are thing you can check when having issues with cloud gaming:

• Check for service outages.
    • Check your network connection.
    • Check for known issues with games.
    • Exit and restart the game.
    • Restart or power cycle your device.
    Troubleshoot problems with cloud gaming | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  5. Chase Ferguson Win User

I've had issues with this too and this game being limited to Xbox cloud has me looking at the PC and Steam route. I love Bethesda games but if I would have had this eperience with Fallout 4 on Xbox limited to this I would have given uo the game or the platform back then.

Today after it force disconnected me from Starfiled and my router shows no issues (and other devices and streaming happening just fine at the same time) when it loaded again it gave me the error that it was struggling to sync my data with the Xbox cloud and mentioned another console. I have another console but I haven't played this game on it ever.

Multiple rounds of try again and restarts and it wouldn't sync. So I finally selected the option to sync to the "latest save data".

Apparently this goes off something from the local Xbox which still doesn't make sense to me with this being a cloud only game.

Regardless. I lost 3 days of saves and progress. How my multiple game saves and progress just failed in the Xbox cloud and are now vanished is a mystery.

Seeing the response to @CarTzy here likited to no resolution with "it's in beta" is a sad one. I get that it's new territory with hurdles but aren't you supposed to be learning and improving a beta product? The fact that there isn't follow up but we just accept it's still in beta since it's beta launch in November 2019 is a sad one. Give people a break on subscriptions if a core element of it is riddled with issues after four years in "beta".

I think I'm done with this platform
  6. Alex299sx Win User

Starfield on my Xbox Series keeps crashing.

For what it’s worth, I found the purchased and downloaded game was crashing about every thirty seconds. I tried playing it on game pass ultimate on cloud gaming today. The lag is a bit annoying but it played without crashing at least.
    So you have Starfield bought (not only free from game pass) and it still crashed? This is valuable info 😬
Thema:

1. Starfield crashes and freezes recurrently when I play on the Cloud with Game Pass for... - Similar Threads - Starfield crashes freezes

2. Xbox Gamepass for PC Starfield crashes after update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Gamepass for PC Starfield crashes after update: I sincerely hope someone can help me. This isn't the first time this has happened: I'll be playing Starfield, having fun, then there's an update and suddenly I can't load. Either the game crashes...
  3. Starfield crashes upon starting new game with no error message.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield crashes upon starting new game with no error message.: The title says it all. I installed Starfield on my PC with a free month trial of Game Pass that came with it. However, I cannot play the game. Whenever I select "New Game" the game loads for a...
  4. Both Starfield and Forza crash back to my Home Screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Both Starfield and Forza crash back to my Home Screen: Both Starfield and Forza crash back to my home screen on my series x, but both play on my series s. They are downloaded to internal hard drive. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled, powercycled the...
  5. Starfield has become unplayable, CONSTANTLY crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield has become unplayable, CONSTANTLY crashing: Frustrated with losing first a Level 80 then Level 51 character, I broke down and upgraded to an Xbox Series X. My Xbox One had served me well, but Starfield was too good to quit because of my...
  6. Starfield keeps crashing in Xbox X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield keeps crashing in Xbox X: I'm very frustrated with Bethesda. Given the number of users with this problem, it should at least signal that it is working to resolve it. The first time I played, I reached level 122. Then it...
  7. Xbox serie S : Starfield [Crashes/Freezes issues]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox serie S : Starfield [Crashes/Freezes issues]: Hello I am playing Starfield on Xbox Serie S. The more I play, the less the game is stable. It crashes/freezes every one hour now (i have been playing more than 150h and the issue started around...
  8. starfield crashes to dashboard at loading, suggestions other than canceling gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    starfield crashes to dashboard at loading, suggestions other than canceling gamepass?: I like Starfield. A lot. But I don,t need the aggrivation. There is no error message. XBox X just dumps Starfield from the load last save screen to the Xbox dashboard. Started a few days ago. I am...
  9. Starfield Crash on startup with error code 0x1.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield Crash on startup with error code 0x1.: I am unable to launch starfield. Every time I launch it, it gives me an error 0x1. I have allowed it through controlled folder access and reinstalled it but it still isn't working. I also have...
  10. Why does Starfield keep freezing and crashing to Home Screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Starfield keep freezing and crashing to Home Screen?: Since day one I downloaded this game to my Xbox series X, it has been crashing in the same spot. Right after you make your character you head over to the airlock where the tutorial tells you to...