Starfield continues to crash on startup

Discus and support Starfield continues to crash on startup in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I installed Starfield via XBOX game app. I am getting a crash every single time it starts. I have tried everything from checking ram integrity,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Augusto Cata, Sep 2, 2023.

1. Augusto Cata
    Augusto Cata Guest

Hi,

I installed Starfield via XBOX game app. I am getting a crash every single time it starts. I have tried everything from checking ram integrity, reinstalling game multiple times, checking windows, reinstalling all graphics drivers, virus scans. I dont know what else to do

Starfield continues to crash on startup [​IMG]

Starfield continues to crash on startup [​IMG]

:)

Augusto Cata, Sep 2, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

you need to give us a Bethesda support

https://support.bethesda.com

I can tell you that that error on windows, which does not necessarily apply here, often points to the need to update your graphics driver
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Augusto Cata,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Augusto Cata,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

5. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Augusto Cata,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are experiencing crashing issue with the game and the issue persists even after performing some troubleshooting steps in your end. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

To help the game run smoothly in your device, make sure to check the system requirement provided by the game developer support team. You can check it from here: System Requirements - PC - Starfield - Bethesda Support

Additionally, you can report the problem to Team Xbox so this can be investigated. Use report a problem online or follow the steps below:

• Press the Start button, and then type Feedback Hub in the search box.
    • Open the Feedback Hub app and select Report a problem.
    • Write the details in Summarize the comment and Give us more details (optional). Consider the following questions when deciding which details to include:
      • What is the problem or unexpected behavior?
      • What steps did you take to find the problem?
      • What additional software, hardware, or accessories were you using when the problem arose?
      • Did you see any error messages or codes when the problem or behavior arose? If so, what was the error message or code?
    • If you can show us the problem, be sure to include screenshots.
    • When you're done, select Submit.

You can also check the links below where you can find some updates of the game and check other member who shared some troubleshooting steps for some known issue of the game.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

6. Renatodibi Win User

Starfield continuous crashes

Hi Fruss.

My name is Renato.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

I inform you that here in the community, we are all users and do not have access to your data and account. We can only offer you advice based on our knowledge and experience.

I'm sorry for the problem you are encountering. I have seen on the Bethesda website that they are aware of this issue. This is what they write on the support page.

"We are aware of an issue that can cause some players to experiencing crashing when loading save files that have been played for a long time. This will be resolved in future update."

https://help.bethesda.net/answer/61090

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.'

So I would exclude a hardware problem with your console. If you have followed the procedures they recommend, you might try resetting your console.

To reset you Xbox:
    Prile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.

You can choose between resetting and removing everything or resetting and keeping games and apps. I suggest starting with the second option first, and then perform the reset and remove everything only if the issue is not resolved by keeping games and apps.

It's important you know that "Reset and remove everything" restores the console to factory default settings. All user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps, will be deleted.

I hope this can solve your issue.

Kind regards
    Renato
Thema:

1. Starfield continues to crash on startup - Similar Threads - Starfield continues crash

2. Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield: Using GamePass on PC, and I keep getting low storage warnings when I try to save. I know it's because the cloud save only allows 1gb of storage. I have deleted most of the save files, in the game...
  3. Dudemack save on starfield gave my Xbox series x a virus

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dudemack save on starfield gave my Xbox series x a virus: I went to log in on my account and all my saves were gone. I was level 55 NG3 on starfield. I just bought T-Mobile and starfield updated and all my saves said dude mack. I checked my console and...
  4. STARFIELD UPDATE 1.11.33 [beta]

in XboX Insiders
    STARFIELD UPDATE 1.11.33 [beta]: i bought the game on the xbox app this update + the fallout show made me want to play starfield again but the update is only live on Steam Beta is there a way to get it on xbox insider pc...
  5. If I send in my Xbox Starfield Controller for Repair, will I receive a Starfield edition in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I send in my Xbox Starfield Controller for Repair, will I receive a Starfield edition in...: If I send in my Xbox Starfield Controller for Repair, will I receive a Starfield edition in return? Want to make sure I don't lose my special edition controller just because it's going in for...
  6. When will the starfield headset restock?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will the starfield headset restock?: I was wondering when will the xbox starfield headset be available because I really want it and I have the money to buy it. I was waiting for month to check if it is back in stock Can someone tell...
  7. Why can't I install Starfield Premium Edition, when I paid for it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install Starfield Premium Edition, when I paid for it?: On 9/1/23 I purchased Starfield Premium Edition on my PC through the Xbox app on PC. I am not able to re-install the Premium Edition of the game for some reason. f15a2f1d-ef4d-4917-84a6-61ba8fe16e51
  8. Starfield on win11 64bit doesn't run now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield on win11 64bit doesn't run now: I played on win10 with starfield but now (on win11) I can't play Bethesda game issue, error code 0x800704c7 - Microsoft … 74bac5d4-8d6c-4e5f-9ac5-2948f7258f39
  9. bought starfield premium edition. NO DOWNLOAD link availbale in my microsft account! dont...

in XBoX on Windows
    bought starfield premium edition. NO DOWNLOAD link availbale in my microsft account! dont...: kinda pissed off Bough startfield premium edition through target. Got the liink to verify code. click the link and wants me to purchase again hell no. WEnt to my account. It shows both the...
  10. Starfield crashing during continue game loading screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield crashing during continue game loading screen.: Every time I open starfield on cloud gaming it will start. I will continue game, I get to the loading screen and the app disconnects from cloud gaming. I've been having nothing but issues since...