STARFIELD...cloud synch lost game

Discus and support STARFIELD...cloud synch lost game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been having this issue for the past several days. My game keeps crashing and I've tried all the recommended "fixes" by xbox. Today, I was prompted... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Wayne Stuck, Sep 21, 2023.

1. Wayne Stuck
    Wayne Stuck Guest

I've been having this issue for the past several days. My game keeps crashing and I've tried all the recommended "fixes" by xbox. Today, I was prompted to free space up by deleting local saves. When I did and Starfield re-synched with the cloud. I lost my entire saved game. If I want to continue playing I will have to start over, what good is saving to the cloud if it doesn't work ???

:)

Wayne Stuck, Sep 21, 2023
  2. Wayne Stuck Win User

What good is cloud based saves if it doesn't work ???

Thanks for the reply. Xbox has told that they do have known issues with Starfield and their cloud based save system. I have synched the game repeatedly and have performed local saves and the game even shows when it's auto saving. But if for some reason the game gets "out of cloud synch" all of these saves, local or auto, are lost because the game actually didn't save because of the cloud synch issue
  3. Wayne Stuck Win User

Yeah, it's lost forever as far as I can tell. I have asked xbox personnel if they can recover my list game but no one has responded, so I would say that they can't even recover lost saves. I'm not wasting anymore time on Starfield, I want to try to find a way to get my $100 back.
  4. stef is fishing Win User

Starfield on game cloud is ****. The picture keep rolling or reloading. I can't move without pixels popping up and more rolling or reloading. It sometimes doesn't clear up at all. Who ever released this junk should be looking for a new job imo. There's no way to get the app off the home screen either. Junk, junk, junk.
  5. MPMP_MPMP Win User

I have the same problem. I play Starfield on Cloud Play and I just lost 3 days of progress. My latest save is now from 4 days ago.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Wayne Stuck,

We're sorry to hear about the inconvenience. Should your issue be about the Synchronizing data... error the time that you posted this concern, then restart is all you have to do to resolve it. However, based on your description, space up by deleting local saves, this local save determines your cloud saves. Now if you have less space available when playing Starfield and you were prompted to this error it is best that you manage your storage before playing or launching any game. Managing your storage means that you should have more left to give room for new local saves. You may set up external storage and transfer the data on that storage.

But even freeing the hard drive space in your console may mean that your save in the cloud remains.

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage.
    3. On the Manage storage devices screen, select:
      • Clear local saved games. This deletes games saved to your hard drive, but they’ll still be saved to the cloud.
    Source: Manage storage on your Xbox console | Xbox Support

Your game data that is synced to the cloud should not have been lost. This should remain in the cloud unless you are no longer connected the internet. We recommend you reach out to the game support for this to be addressed. Link: Starfield - Bethesda Support

Regards,

Thema:

1. STARFIELD...cloud synch lost game - Similar Threads - STARFIELD cloud synch

2. Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield: Using GamePass on PC, and I keep getting low storage warnings when I try to save. I know it's because the cloud save only allows 1gb of storage. I have deleted most of the save files, in the game...
  3. Cannot get starfield to load recent save on gamepass cloud. Will only load a save from 2...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot get starfield to load recent save on gamepass cloud. Will only load a save from 2...: Cannot get starfield to load recent save on gamepass cloud. Will only load a save from 2 months ago. I am not starting over. fa3c7687-65f9-4c38-814a-8e3532841706
  4. How do I turn off cloud saving for Starfield on Game Pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I turn off cloud saving for Starfield on Game Pass?: I only have 5gb of onedrive, and I need to turn off cloud saving. I dont use it anyway and I wont be blackmailed into buying more storage that I dont want. a5104da8-f63a-4b50-82a4-235951397600
  5. Starfield cloud gaming freezes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield cloud gaming freezes: Hello, I am having constant freezes playing Starfield via the Cloud, each time when accessing the menu and after playing for about 45 mn or just over one hour. The issue is the same on pc and...
  6. Starfield on Xbox Game Pass for PC cloud saves?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield on Xbox Game Pass for PC cloud saves?: I have been having a hell of a time with Starfield for PC through the Game Pass. It seems every time there is an update to the game, when I try to start the game it instantly crashes. After hours...
  7. Why is starfield freezing every time it tries to autosave? I'm playing via cloud gaming.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is starfield freezing every time it tries to autosave? I'm playing via cloud gaming.: Why is Starfield freezing every time it tries to autosave? I keep my saves low, so what gives? d2d4d936-67ca-4a9c-ad32-5c8076b544e0
  8. Cloud gaming and Starfield xbox S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud gaming and Starfield xbox S: Im in Australia and Starfield hates cloud saves. Im constantly crashing to the point of full xbox shutdown and restart. If it starts syncing i have to quickly stop it or loose all manual saves....
  9. Lost Cloud saved data in Starfield

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost Cloud saved data in Starfield: I've been encountering issues with my Starfield saved data syncing to the cloud on my Xbox Series S. To address some in-game bugs, I deleted my saves only on the console, leaving the cloud saves...
  10. Starfield crashes and freezes recurrently when I play on the Cloud with Game Pass for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield crashes and freezes recurrently when I play on the Cloud with Game Pass for...: I've been playing Starfield in the Cloud on my Xbox One since September 6. I took out an Ultimate subscription specifically for this game. I quickly noticed that when I play the game, after a...