SSD Failure design flaw

Discus and support SSD Failure design flaw in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It has been pointed out that the ssd drives in the series x and s are going to fail no matter what anyone does and have to be repaired at the consumers... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JJ Jones55, Dec 2, 2023.

1. JJ Jones55
    JJ Jones55 Guest

SSD Failure design flaw

It has been pointed out that the ssd drives in the series x and s are going to fail no matter what anyone does and have to be repaired at the consumers cost if pit of warrenty. This is something that I looked into after my xbox series x ssd failed after 13 months which was 1 month out of warranty. I was told I would have to pay for this repaireven though it is a known issues and design flaw. Is there anything we can do besides filing a lawsuit against Microsoft for implementing a flawed design that will fail in the future?

:)

JJ Jones55, Dec 2, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

SSD Failure design flaw

Except you are forgetting that that's on all current devices

It's not a design flaw

You can't have access to proprietary tech

What tezza is.talking about.is not something normally in consumer tech

And only extends your warranty

Hence the extended warranty comment

If you want extended warranty that doesn't guarantee you access to proprietary tech

It.just extends your warranty

NOT what you are calling a design. Flaw

Since its in all technoligical devices now adays

As you been told already nvme lasts longer then your ancient tech dispite your claim of a design flaw

Did you know CDs and DVDs were available long before it was in consumers hands

Ys that is how consumer tech works

We get it last before anyone else

Technology there is consumer technology and there is commerical

Everything we get is.lesser then commerical examples were platters that filled a shelf that were gigabytes

https://www.elotouch.com/news/consu...n products,degree of disruption to operations.

Here is a lesson on technology
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

SSD Failure design flaw

I am lucky to be in the UK where CRA (consumer rights law) assists in this matter for upto 6 years after purchase, if the ssd fails outside of warranty it then has to be repaired or replaced under CRA either by the manufacturer or the store that sold the unit. Same applies in a lot of countries in Europe too. As long as the unit did no fail due to mishandling or physical damage.
  4. JJ Jones55 Win User

SSD Failure design flaw

They are designed for 5 years but it only lasted for 1 I would say that's a design flaw because it shortens the lifespan of the hardware due to the design. What else would that be called but a flaw. I get it's in all technology and it last a limited time but 1 year when they are supposed to last at least 5. What would you call it? A malfunction or a flaw?
  5. JJ Jones55 Win User

SSD Failure design flaw

Yes but it is the design of instant on more that is causing them to fail which is the flaw I was mentioning. So getting it fixed will just cause it to happen again. It's there a solution to this problem?
  6. ngocphi Win User

SSD Failure design flaw

No either spend money for epair or extended warranty

Therr is a lot of devices you can't repair yourself

Consoles are one of them you do have alternatives BestBuy in Canada or us

You can't remove security chips on a nvme and because the nvme is soldered you can't randomly put a nvme into any console with the exception of portable consoles

Xbox has the velocity chip

Ps 5 has something similar 9.5gbps but you can't put any nvme as it's propieitary tech

Even the expansion slot is 4.5gbps on ps5

There Is no world where you can get the proprietary info for Sony's ps5 os

They even keep.it from.ms which slowed down minecraft

Its not a design flaw no system will allow you to access proprietary info

Not Sony not Nintendo especially not them. And no you can't replace Nintendo's roms
Thema:

SSD Failure design flaw

1. SSD Failure design flaw - Similar Threads - SSD Failure design

2. Western Digital 2TB WD Blue SN580 NVMe Internal Solid State Drive SSD - Gen4 x4 PCIe...

in XBoX on Windows
    Western Digital 2TB WD Blue SN580 NVMe Internal Solid State Drive SSD - Gen4 x4 PCIe...: Western Digital 2TB WD Blue SN580 NVMe Internal Solid State Drive SSD - Gen4 x4 PCIe 16Gb/s, M.2 2280 Would this work with my HP victus 15f gaming laptop ?? 204d4f0e-3ff8-4b7d-a209-27c9b9ba70ee
  3. I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears: So i have an 960gb ssd , xbox formats it and leaves about 400gb unallocated, i cant really play alot of games with 365gb of storage for games. What do i do, if i assign the unallocated space in my...
  4. Why no optimisation of SSD/HDD and cleaning of RAM/VRAM?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why no optimisation of SSD/HDD and cleaning of RAM/VRAM?: Why no optimisation of SSD/HDD and cleaning of RAM/VRAM? I have an almost new Xbox Series X bought from MS and i tis **** for FM23. Totally due to filling up with ****. If I use the REFRESH...
  5. Trying to Install a new SSD in Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to Install a new SSD in Xbox One X: I upgraded my drive to a SSD of equal size. Ive used the OSU1 offline updater, unformatted, formated (NTFS), different drives holding the OSU1 file. Ive also tried the Xbox One X hdd windows...
  6. Xbox One X SSD Upgrade Issues (OS:25398.4441)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X SSD Upgrade Issues (OS:25398.4441): I upgraded my drive to a SSD of equal size. Ive used the OSU1 offline updater, unformatted, formated (NTFS), different drives holding the OSU1 file. Ive also tried the Xbox One X hdd windows...
  7. Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s: I am trying to play games on my external SSD however they won’t run I know Xbox series x/s spec games don’t work and have to be run off the internal but the games I’m trying to play are older...
  8. Is it possible to plug in a expansion bay into the ssd expansion port to plug in more than...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to plug in a expansion bay into the ssd expansion port to plug in more than...: Is it possible to plug in a expansion bay into the ssd expansion port to plug in more than one external ssd? Cos I wanna have more than 2tb via ssd because on hdds you have to transfer the newer...
  9. I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...: I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play games from my hardrive!? All I have read is that you can’t play x/a games on hdd but this one says it is...
  10. Xbox Series | Will 2 Externals & 1 SSD Expansion Slot All Work At The Same Time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series | Will 2 Externals & 1 SSD Expansion Slot All Work At The Same Time: We all know 2 externals work at the same time, but what about 2 externals & 1 ssd expansion 71ee8506-f83c-4982-84cb-3665c819bb34