Spotify widget not usable on Xbox Game Bar

Discus and support Spotify widget not usable on Xbox Game Bar in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm unsure if this issue has been caused by an Insider related update. I'm in the Delta ring on both Xbox and PC. For the last 3-4 days, the Spotify... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/BRB1993, Aug 10, 2023.

1. /u/BRB1993
    /u/BRB1993 Guest

I'm unsure if this issue has been caused by an Insider related update. I'm in the Delta ring on both Xbox and PC.

For the last 3-4 days, the Spotify widget for Xbox Game Bar hasn't been working properly. Normally, it would detect the song I was last playing on Spotify and I could resume it or skip to the next/previous song. Now, it keeps coming up with "Start Listening". Clicking on "Start Listening" will open Spotify in the background but do nothing else.

I have reinstalled Spotify, as well as the Xbox Game bar, I've tried repairing and resetting both of them, signing in and out of both of them, and even restarting my PC. Has anyone else had this issue and been able to fix it?

submitted by /u/BRB1993
    [link] [comments]

/u/BRB1993, Aug 10, 2023
  2. Dre2timez Win User

Xbox Game Bar - Spotify Widget

hey, any of the suggestions worked? thanks

I believe it the cause of a non-host family account / student account and they gave up on fixing.
  3. XBF - Evie Win User

Xbox Game Bar - Spotify Widget

Hello Johnathan Reynolds1,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Please ensure that your computer is completely updated, including all optional updates, and then restart your computer. Additionally, please make sure that the Xbox App and Xbox Game Bar app are updated on your PC. To do this, please launch the Microsoft Store on your computer and then select the Library icon in the bottom left. In the Library page, please select Get updates and then Update all after all of the updates have been pulled. If either app needs an update, please try to link Spotify again after the update is complete.

We also recommend that you sign out of the Xbox Game Bar and back in to see if a reauthentication of your account fixes the issue. To do this, please launch the Xbox Game Bar by pressing the Win + G keys. Next, open the Settings cog in the top overlay ribbon and select Accounts. Under the Xbox Network tab, select Sign out. Next, sign back in and see if the issue persists.

Regarding linking your Spotify account, please follow these steps to ensure that it is done correctly. Launch the Xbox Game Bar by pressing the Win + G keys. Next, open the Settings cog in the top overlay ribbon and select Accounts. Next to the Spotify icon, select Sign in and sign in with your Spotify credentials. If you have Spotify through a service, then you’ll have to sign in through that provider. For example, I have Spotify through the Hulu + Spotify student bundle - but since I have my Spotify linked to my Facebook account I had to select “Continue with Facebook” and sign in that way.

After you sign in through your correct provider, then Spotify should be successfully linked to your account, and you’ll be able to pin the Spotify widget to the Xbox Game Bar overlay.

If you are still experiencing this issue after following the suggestions above, then we recommend that you repair/reset the Xbox Game Bar. You can do this by going to Settings > Apps > Apps & features and then searching for Xbox Game Bar in the search bar. From here, click the Advanced options button on the Xbox Game Bar tile and then select Repair and Reset. After that is completed, please try to link your Spotify again.

You can also try reinstalling the Gaming Services package. To do this, please follow the steps below.

Reinstall the Gaming Services Package

1. Right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. On the Windows PowerShell Administrator screen, type the following command, and then press Enter:
      1. Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers
    3. Restart your computer and see if the problem is resolved.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know if these suggestions help by selecting “Yes” or “No” next to “Was this response helpful?”. If this response answered your question, please select it as the “Answer”. Additionally, if there is any misunderstanding or clarification needed, please reply to this response.

Sincerely,

XBF – Evie

Xbox Customer Success Manager

Microsoft Community
  4. Georges C. Win User

Xbox overlay transparency

Hello again, good to know back to normal.

But this is an option of the Game Bar, if it is the bar settings has the widget transparency option but works only if you fix the widget.
  5. andersonpassos Win User

Xbox game bar

is not visible. I advise you to activate Widget, in the settings in widget menu or customize, reset. if not, I advise you to restore/reinstall the Xbox Game Bar app.
  6. iCaaPz Win User

Xbox game bar

No Game Bar, clique em "Menu de Widgets" na barra superior, logo após isso clique em "Xbox Social" e voltará ao normal.

Espero ter ajudado.

-[Translation - In the Game Bar, click on "Widget Menu" on the top bar, right after that click on "Xbox Social" and you will be back to normal.

Hope this helps.]
Thema:

1. Spotify widget not usable on Xbox Game Bar - Similar Threads - Spotify widget usable

2. Spotify pausing and audio glitches

in XBoX on Windows
    Spotify pausing and audio glitches: Spotify works fine when I first open the app and play music, but after some songs the music will suddenly stop. When I click on the little Spotify tab on the guide, it shows as if the song is...
  3. Why does Spotify or Netflix stop playing as soon the candy crush window launches?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Spotify or Netflix stop playing as soon the candy crush window launches?: I have always listened to Spotify or watch Netflix while I play Candy Crush, but the in the last week, when I launch the game on my phone, either Netflix and Spotify both stop playing(not both at...
  4. Can my Xbox series x get damaged if I forget to close out/quit the Spotify app while it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my Xbox series x get damaged if I forget to close out/quit the Spotify app while it’s...: Can my Xbox series x get damaged if I forget to close out/quit the Spotify app while it’s still playing music harm my Xbox series x? abada44f-6720-471c-b5b0-07ae71c10b9a
  5. Spotify Xbox is constantly lagging at least 3 times every song and it's annoying.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Spotify Xbox is constantly lagging at least 3 times every song and it's annoying.: Hey, so I've had this Xbox One S for 5 years and for a month now, my Spotify constantly lags in every song. Every song that i listen to, lags at least 2 or 3 times and it's very irritating because...
  6. Spotify login on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Spotify login on xbox: I am trying to open Spotify, but I am greeted with the “check your network connection” pop-up screen, even though my consuls are connected to the Wi-Fi. This has happened ever since I changed my...
  7. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  8. Anyway to hide bottom of spotify widget?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyway to hide bottom of spotify widget?: I don't want the "open spotify". Just everything above it, is this possible, or is there an alternative widget? Example: https://i.imgur.com/nFqwDV0.png submitted by /u/CCEShieldIsReady...
  9. Spotify audio mixing not working

in XboX Insiders
    Spotify audio mixing not working: Anyone having issues with mixing Spotify audio and system audio? All sound comes through at 100% all the time and I can reduce sound from either Spotify or system. Setup: Xbox Series X Gen4 Astro...
  10. Problems with spotify (alpha skip-Ahead)

in XboX Insiders
    Problems with spotify (alpha skip-Ahead): Hi. Since the last 3 updates I'm not being able to change volume on spotify on xbox. Doesn't matter if you lower it to 0% it will always keep the music volume on max. Anyone else having this same...