Spoiled discs due to sun, I cannot download the games even if I own them physically

Discus and support Spoiled discs due to sun, I cannot download the games even if I own them physically in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone. Some months ago I had a nasty discovery: 3-4 games I had were directly under the sun and in the are of the world I live the sun kills... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Alfonso Jorge del Barrio, Aug 1, 2023.

1. Spoiled discs due to sun, I cannot download the games even if I own them physically

Hello everyone. Some months ago I had a nasty discovery: 3-4 games I had were directly under the sun and in the are of the world I live the sun kills everything. One day I was just trying to play one of the games, install it etc and surprise: disc error, the installation will stop. I took it out and checked and the disc is spoiled. I checked the other games and it was the same: they are spoiled. I cannot install them but I paid for them already. I tried to download them and even downloading them and using the spoiled disc, it doesn't work. Do I have to purchase the games again? I tried 100 times and I cannot play any of them. This is quite disappointing considering the amount of money I already spent. What can I do?

:)

Alfonso Jorge del Barrio, Aug 1, 2023
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

Spoiled discs due to sun, I cannot download the games even if I own them physically

Hi Alfonso, my name is Kris and I'm a Player just like yourself who love helping other consumers with their Xbox question. I can assist with most questions however, do not have access to your account details to provide information on billing / account queries.

Unfortunately, physical and digital licenses are considered different and there is no way to convert to digital currently. My suggestion is keep all discs boxed and out of direct sunlight so the chance of damage is reduced.
  3. ngocphi Win User

He.can't.

Sun damage isn't like.a scratch

It.affects.how.the surface reflects back

I got.a sun damaged. CD cover It's permanently faded.
  4. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

These are good ideas, I'm sure that in the future this could happen, it would be great for all of us.
  5. Alfonso Jorge del Ba Win User

I understand but there is a way to do things right and transfer licenses and limit the installations. This is nothing new, I coded in one of my previous tenures (20 years ago) something similar with the same concept. It was for something digital too and was it hackable? yes, but you needed to have a lot of things to make it happen. It's linked with the concept of a universal digital license and you could even increase the security as today's technology allows way more things than 20 years ago where we had to make everything bespoke and it was quite a nightmare. We always look for flexibility and I even think this has loads of synergies with other aspects (I won't explain get a lot in detail) around. Maybe something that would be interesting for Microsoft to develop? who knows :). Thanks for your response though, much appreciated.
  6. ngocphi Win User

As you been told already thats the price you pay

MS does t.make any money on physical game sales nor are they responsible for disk replacement

You have to address it with the publisher

This is why there is disks and digital

They are different and in no way connected

If it were the way you say it would be anarchy as you would be able to lend out games and anyone can download the game for free you can thank the 300k xbox fans who signed the petition to cancel.it on xbox one

MS had a program to install games and never ever need the disk again but you had to validate the license with 24/7 connected xbox or even lend out your disk games for 48 hours without even leaving your couch

It was canceled and don mattrick lost his job

Sun damage is permanent it's like burning or melting effect .and on physical things that's catastrophic
Thema:

1. Spoiled discs due to sun, I cannot download the games even if I own them physically - Similar Threads - Spoiled discs due

2. How to undigitize a collection/ make the game require a disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to undigitize a collection/ make the game require a disc: Recently I've been trying to convert my (mostly digital) game collection to a physical one, but I noticed an oddity when I go to install. My process is to uninstall the digital version, and...
  3. Information Xbox physical disc. Help me

in XboX Insiders
    Information Xbox physical disc. Help me: Good morning I wanted information about the physical versions of Xbox games I am a collector and I only buy physical versions of the games. But is it true that Microsoft will take physical...
  4. Disc games won't download on my series x

in XboX Insiders
    Disc games won't download on my series x: So I've recently started to download/redownload some disc games on my series x such as watchdogs 2 and titanfall 2 but they keep stopping I've tried to reinstall but its doesn't work can someone...
  5. Can't download disc games on Xbox one

in XboX Insiders
    Can't download disc games on Xbox one: I'm trying to install Forza Horizon 2 on my xbox one but whenever I put the disc in it won't start installing and when I take the disc out it says installation stopped, Horizon 2 also doesn't seem...
  6. Xbox one refuses to even show disc; but other discs work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one refuses to even show disc; but other discs work.: So recently I got the new Assassins creed mirage for Xbox one and X, big problem it won’t read the disc on my Xbox one. Like it won’t show up, it will make noise that suggests it’s spinning and...
  7. Series X doesn't play "xbox one" discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X doesn't play "xbox one" discs: Just as said before my series X reads games like MK 1, but sekiro or cod ww2 or any xbox one games, even if it's a cross tittle, just recent games. Bought at 2021, no warranty anymore...
  8. My xbox series x makes a weird grinding noise when i insert a disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x makes a weird grinding noise when i insert a disc: The disc works perfectly fine on other xbox but not on my xbox series x the game is hot wheels unleashed Please HELP 39ea1323-3b8d-4668-ac7e-b3856a48b96d
  9. When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps: When I put in the [slightly damaged] disc, it's spins, does stage normal sounds that I hear and then it's a quiet beeeeep then it goes back to the sounds and it repeats, any ideas why?...
  10. Some Xbox discs won't work and i have no idea why

in XboX Insiders
    Some Xbox discs won't work and i have no idea why: I've been having this issue recently where in the span of a week my xbox one has stopped reading 2 of my games that are on a disc. The first one was an xbox one game that I didn't really care...