Split payment, use up credit balance, child account.

Discus and support Split payment, use up credit balance, child account. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; As I figured out the solution this is more of an informative comment than a question. How do you use up a remaining Microsoft credit balance by... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by [Perma], Aug 16, 2020.

1. [Perma]
    [Perma] Guest

As I figured out the solution this is more of an informative comment than a question.

How do you use up a remaining Microsoft credit balance by splitting a payment for online store purchases with a child account?

If the purchase is more than the child's account balance you need to add money to the account, but as the options to add money are only offered in fixed amounts, ie $10 $15 $20, you are always left with a random balance.

This happens when the child has to ask permission to make a purchase. The solution is to toggle off the setting to require permission to make purchases. Then when the child account makes the purchase you are offered the option to pay the remaining balance
    by another means like a credit card.

I ran into this problem on the Xbox one trying to buy Fortnite V-bucks for my child.

This doesn't address the fact that you end up with random amounts of unused V-bucks after making a Fortnite shop purchase.

:)

[Perma], Aug 16, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Smwutches Win User

Pre order

It depends on the payment method you use. If you use your Microsoft account balance, the funds are taken immediately. If you use a credit card/Paypal or split payment between your Microsoft account balance and a credit card, the funds are taken within 10 days of the game's release.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Question about gift cards

Hi,

If you have money on your account then that is the default method Microsoft will use to take the payment, unless you also have another payment option and you choose this instead.

If you buy something with your account balance, it will not show on a bank statement.

You can also split payments between account balance and credit/debit cards. Any credit/debit payments from split purchases would show on a statement however.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Split cost?

Through Live the system will allow a split payment between a credit card and Microsoft account balance, but not two credits cards.
  5. Nursemorph Win User

Is there anyway to pay for a pre ordered game instantly instead of 10 days before it comes out

Put the amount on your Microsoft account and then use that balance as it will be taken immediately:

"If you used account credit to pre-order your game, your balance will be taken immediately. If you used a credit card or split your payment between credit card and account balance, you’ll be charged around 10 days before the game launches.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/pre-order-faq

Account balance is the only way to have it take the payment immediately
  6. Smwutches Win User

Unable to change Microsoft account for Gamertag

You can split payment. If you use a credit card it should ask if you want to use the remaining funds in your account first and then pay the balance on the card.
Thema:

1. Split payment, use up credit balance, child account. - Similar Threads - Split payment credit

2. Split payment using amount left over from xbox gift code and debit card?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Split payment using amount left over from xbox gift code and debit card?: I have money left from gift code after buying game was wanting to see if i could buy the xbox live Gold for $50. Using split payment of remaining balance of gift code and debit card?...
  3. Split payment

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Split payment: I am trying to purchase a game that costs £41. I have £30 credit on my account and it asked if I want to split the payment with a preferred card. When I say yes it keeps trying to charge the whole...
  4. Split payment with in game content

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Split payment with in game content: Hello everyone, I was wondering if it's possible to make a split payment for in game purchases? I've currently got £4.01 on my Microsoft account. The item i wanted, is in game points and it...
  5. Split payment with Debit and Microsoft Credit Error

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Split payment with Debit and Microsoft Credit Error: Was trying to preoder Journey to the Savage Planet and i had 15$ of Microsoft credit and a debit card I wanted to use to pay the rest as the game is 29.99$ plus tax. Well instead of a split...
  6. Split payment

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Split payment: Can anyone help me out can i use my phone number and my xbox currency to purchase a game like split the payment between the two i can only use my phone to buy things up to £50 and the game is £60...
  7. Can I split payment between credit card and Microsoft balance for a preorder?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can I split payment between credit card and Microsoft balance for a preorder?: So back around May when Borderlands 3 became available for preorder I immediately reserved a copy of the Super Deluxe Edition ($99.99) with my credit card attached to my account. Today my wife...
  8. Split payment

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Split payment: I still have some money (30$ish) in my account but I cannot spend it because each time I'm trying to use it to buy a game, it is asking me to choose a credit card that is registered in my account...
  9. Can't split payment between credit and credit card.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't split payment between credit and credit card.: I'm trying to purchase Minecraft using my £1.19 and my credit card. When I try and do this it says 'There's a problem using this credit card to split the payment. Choose a different credit card,...
  10. Possible to split payment between MS account and credit card?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Possible to split payment between MS account and credit card?: My sister is interested in buying Peggle 2, and has a little over 4 dollars and change in her MS account from prepaid cards. When she went to purchase the game from the marketplace, it looked...