Split Party Chat and Game Audio while streaming on Xbox Companion App

Discus and support Split Party Chat and Game Audio while streaming on Xbox Companion App in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I use display capture in Streamlabs OBS and the Xbox Companion App to broadcast to Twitch. Currently both game audio and party chat are... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by C2aldaway, May 7, 2020.

1. C2aldaway
    C2aldaway Guest

Hello,

I use display capture in Streamlabs OBS and the Xbox Companion App to broadcast to Twitch. Currently both game audio and party chat are broadcasted when playing with friends as both fall into “Desktop Audio” in Streamlabs. I’m looking for ways to not include
    party chat in the broadcast, which is an option if you stream Twitch directly from the Xbox. Basically, I still want to use the Xbox companion app to chat in a party while also streaming my console, but I don’t want the party chat coming through and I haven’t
    found a method to solve that other than muting the party in the app. I’d appreciate any suggestions.

:)

C2aldaway, May 7, 2020
  2. MikeHEATUP Win User

double audio when streaming through xbox companion app on pc

the double audio im hearing is coming from the companion app on my pc that im using to stream from my xbox. its not from streamlabs. im getting the audio from my xbox and my pc via the companion app. but im using the companion app to use party chat to
    talk. so i cannot mute it because it then mutes the party chat audio and im not able to hear my party.
  3. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

Hi There,

There are some headsets that split game and chat audio into separate connections, my Steelseries headset allows this so it does not use the same audio connections. However I have seen a few tricks that people do where they change around the communication
    device on their pc set it in StreamLabs and then set it back, so you would hear it but the stream wont. If you google "exclude party chat from streamlabs" there are a few YouTube tutorials on how to accomplish this.
  4. AustinM2 Win User

No In-Game chat while using Xbox Companion App

I stream using the OBS software and capture the Xbox Companion App. Regardless, if i were to attempt to use the app as intended to wirelessly stream the Xbox on my laptop, I am unable to hear the in-game chat of certain games. I do not know if this falls
    more on the shoulders of the game developers or is an issue with the Xbox and the Xbox Companion App.

If I were to utilize the Twitch app on the Xbox I experience issues with in-game chat as well. I have to set up a private party then re-enter game chat for it to work and the in-game chat is still not broadcasted to the twitch network. Party chat is broadcasted
    when others include their audio voluntarily, but there doesn’t seem to be a way for in-game chat to be given the same option.
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

Xbox Console Desktop Application Issues

So to verify, this is the rebranded Xbox Console Companion app? What used to be the Xbox app prior to the Xbox (beta) app for Xbox Game Pass PC? And the situation is that you want to stream the game from the console via the App, and then stream to your
    platform of choice (Mixer, Twitch, YouTube, etc) from the PC capturing the game from the streaming, and the audio from Party Chat via the Xbox App? What are you using to stream, the built in Game Bar?

Further details on how your set up, and what you're trying to do can assist in further identifying the best troubleshooting steps.

I do know that if you're in a party on the Xbox, and streaming natively, that it requires the others opt in via the party to include their audio. Are you sure users are doing that in your LFG or not on your friends list?
  6. darkist1 Win User

Xbox Companion app and streaming on twitch

Hi InFi,

as far as i know, this is either only capable over a game capture card. or potentially with some work around streaming over the companion app.

On a capture card you just share party chat audio to Speakers and Headphones, that should have a similar effect on ingame chat.
Thema:

1. Split Party Chat and Game Audio while streaming on Xbox Companion App - Similar Threads - Split Party Chat

2. Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?: Is there any way to play split screen on human fall flat and online at the same time? 98967722-9b3e-4cdd-8530-75181ef4125f
  3. How to get Horizontal split screen

in XBoX on Windows
    How to get Horizontal split screen: When in multiplayer mode the splt screen is always vertcial which cuts out the filed of vission. How do I get or switch to horizontal split screen? fef41346-7077-424c-b77a-e062df90fc2e
  4. Is local split screen not working on Xbox X series

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is local split screen not working on Xbox X series: Is Xbox split screen working after update to Fortnite today 3a69d581-243a-45c3-a402-8174b9aebd3c
  5. Split Screen Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Split Screen Issue: Xbox (Series X) has been working fine today until I turned it on again and the bottom half of the screen was shifted across horizontally. I've found if in Settings, General, TV Display Options,...
  6. How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count: Need help *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other* 901b21f1-de94-4d56-8daf-25ae7bea2891
  7. Split payment using amount left over from xbox gift code and debit card?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Split payment using amount left over from xbox gift code and debit card?: I have money left from gift code after buying game was wanting to see if i could buy the xbox live Gold for $50. Using split payment of remaining balance of gift code and debit card?...
  8. Split screen multiplayer converted to full screen using two different TV's

in XBoX on Windows
    Split screen multiplayer converted to full screen using two different TV's: I have a HDMI splitter for possibly connecting two TV's to one Xbox series X and I was wondering if there is a way to input new coding to make split screen on one TV to full screen using two...
  9. Can you fix Minecraff Split Screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you fix Minecraff Split Screen?: Hi there, my Minecraft copy on the Xbox Series S has suddenly stopped working with the 2 player Split Screen. I have a 1080 p display so that won't be the problem. It was working fine the day...
  10. My screen is split in 2 and the bottom half has shifted across the screen. What do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen is split in 2 and the bottom half has shifted across the screen. What do I do?: Xbox was working fine, i turned it on and the screen split in 2 with the bottom having shifted horizontally. I have tried restarting the Xbox and plugging in new cables. Issue still remains. What...