Spiritfarer won’t open game save on Xbone

Discus and support Spiritfarer won’t open game save on Xbone in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I played Spiritfarer for a few hours on Xbone and saved it. My game save showed up when I double checked. The next day, I went to play again and my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LittleValkyrie, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Spiritfarer won’t open game save on Xbone

I played Spiritfarer for a few hours on Xbone and saved it. My game save showed up when I double checked. The next day, I went to play again and my saved game was gone.

When I look at the game in the “manage game” I can see a save file there with the other game files. So I know it exists. But it will not load in the actual game. I’ve tried restarting, hard restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, deleting the game save data and seeing if it would update from the cloud (the game save showed back up in “manage game” but can’t be accessed in the Spiritfarer save menu) and nothing has worked.

I have searched all over the internet and cannot find a solution for this. There is a workaround for PC, but I’m on Xbone and have seem zero solutions for this platform.

Can anyone help? I really really like the game and want to keep playing, but I don’t want to start over - especially if there is a chance my save will just disappear again.

Spiritfarer won’t open game save on Xbone [​IMG]

:)

LittleValkyrie, Apr 12, 2022
  2. ClausReich Win User

Hello LittleValkyrie! I'm Claus, an Independent Microsoft Community Consultant for Xbox! Glad to be able to help you!

Regarding the fact that you technically lost your save file, and the save currently located on your console is a new game, there's only the chance that your save is on the cloud. If it is not, there's not much that can be done, sadly.

Try force the console to download your save file from the cloud, follow these steps:

1. Go to My Games & Apps > Games.

2. Highlight your game and then press the Menu button (three lines).

3. Select Manage games & add-ons.

4. Go to Save data.

5. Select the save file with your gamertag on it and then select "Delete locally".

6. Start the game and check if the console will correctly download the save file.

To avoid this happening again, make sure to close the game and then turning the console off afterwards, avoid simply shutting the console off while the game is running. Doing it that way will allow the console to successfully sync your local save file to the cloud.
  3. Silverff121 Win User
  4. Sphincteral Win User

Spiritfarer game save lost

Same here. I had 20+ hours in the game and it's gone now.
  5. MacHarper Win User

The game has a poorly designed front menu and save game slot system.

The game asks you to press a key - it's not very responsive If you accidentally select new game as a result of pressing a button/key e.g.. by moving down to new game - your progress is instantly wiped.

Not good.
  6. MacHarper Win User

SAME REALLY annoying

[on PC}
Thema:

1. Spiritfarer won’t open game save on Xbone - Similar Threads - Spiritfarer won’t open

2. Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?: My Xbox one is not connecting to my WiFi even though my password is correct. My Xbox one has been doing this sense June 21, 2024. It’s not the router or the model. I use AT&T WiFi and this problem...
  3. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it: My headset chat mixer is greyed out and won’t let me change it 253dff7a-59b2-4900-b78c-eb3af230f1be
  4. It won’t let me log in

in XBoX on Windows
    It won’t let me log in: I tried to log into my Microsoft account on Minecraft and it never lets my log in it always says oops looks like this account is already connected. Please sign in with your previously connected...
  5. My Xbox S won’t turn on or making any noise it’s just not turning on the light won’t even be n

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox S won’t turn on or making any noise it’s just not turning on the light won’t even be n: My Xbox S won’t turn on or making any noise it’s just not turning on the light won’t even be on I tried everything unplugging the power cord from the Xbox and the wall even changing wall outlets...
  6. my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why: ever since the servers went down 2 days ago i have tried everything under the sun to try and fix it and nothing works. i thought about maybe just trying to wait it out but i’m not finna just sit...
  7. Clips from Xbox won’t show up in my PC OneDrive.

in XboX Insiders
    Clips from Xbox won’t show up in my PC OneDrive.: I have multiple clips uploaded to my OneDrive and I’m trying to get them onto my PC. I have the same email as my Xbox but they won’t show up after being uploaded for nearly two days. Help...
  8. Microsoft Solitaire Collection won’t sign in on iPad

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection won’t sign in on iPad: So, I am having problems after opening Microsoft Solitaire Collection on my iPad. It says Signing in on the top right and it won’t let me sign in. I closed and restarted the app, signing out and...
  9. My PC Xbox app won’t connect to party.

in XboX Insiders
    My PC Xbox app won’t connect to party.: I tried to repair it and it still hasn’t worked. This happened after the most recent update submitted by /u/truckersmc116 [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox disconnects from Wi-Fi after shutdown, and won’t allow to connect to Wi-Fi when...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox disconnects from Wi-Fi after shutdown, and won’t allow to connect to Wi-Fi when...: This has been ongoing for about a month. Every time I shut my Xbox Series X down, the next time I turn it on it has disconnected from Wi-Fi and when I go to the Network settings it shows no...