Specifically Forza won't install from the store

Discus and support Specifically Forza won't install from the store in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; After receiving an error when trying to open Forza Horizon 5 from the Microsoft Store on PC saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by eskY5_15, Aug 16, 2023.

1. eskY5_15
    eskY5_15 Guest

After receiving an error when trying to open Forza Horizon 5 from the Microsoft Store on PC saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the permissions to access the item", and gave a file directory for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps (I had Forza installed on my E: drive), I uninstalled the game. Now when trying to reinstall the game from the store, it cancels the install and says "Something happened on our end" before the download even starts. This appears to only be the case for Forza and any other app installs just fine. I have so far tried closing and restarting the store, login out and back in, changing the default install location of apps from the C: drive to the E: (since C: definitely does not have enough space), and also restarting my PC. As I saw it was an solution for a similar issue, I checked if the Microsoft Store Install Service was disabled, and found it was still running, so I'm not sure if that's to do with the problem.

Thanks for any help.

:)

eskY5_15, Aug 16, 2023
  2. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help

The first solution I recommend is to reset your network settings. This may help resolve any network related issues that could be causing the data sync issue. This is how you can do it:

1. Press the Windows R key to open the Run dialog box.
    2. Type "cmd" and press Enter to open the command prompt.
    3. Type "netsh winsock reset" and press Enter.
    4. Wait for the process to complete and restart your computer.

By resetting your network settings, you will be able to clear any problematic settings that might be interfering with the data sync process. In addition, this solution can also help with other network-related issues you may encounter while playing Forza Horizon 5. 2- Update network driver: An outdated network driver can also cause data synchronization issues in Forza Horizon 5. To fix this issue you will need to update your network driver. This is how you can do it:

1. Press the Windows X key and select Device Manager from the menu.
    2. Expand the Network Adapters category.
    3. Right-click your network adapter and select Update Driver.
    4. Choose the option to automatically search for updated driver software.
    5. Wait for the process to complete and restart your computer.

Updating your network driver can help ensure that your network adapter is working properly and is compatible with Forza Horizon 5. This solution can also help with other network-related issues you may encounter while playing the game. 3-Add the game as a firewall exception

Finally, Windows Firewall may be preventing the game from synchronizing data. To fix this issue, you will need to add Forza Horizon 5 as a firewall exception. This is how you can do it:

1. Press the Windows key I to open the Settings app.
    2. Click Update & Security, then click Windows Security.
    3. Click Firewall & Network Protection.
    4. Click Allow an application through the firewall.
    5. Click Change Settings, then click Yes if prompted by User Account Control.
    6. Click Allow Another Application.
    7. Go to the Forza Horizon 5 installation folder and select the game's executable.
    8. Click Add and OK.

By adding Forza Horizon 5 as a firewall exception, you can ensure that the game can communicate with the Internet without any interference from Windows Firewall. This fix may also help with other game-related issues you may encounter when playing Forza Horizon 5.

I hope I helped and see you soon.
  3. eskY5_15 Win User

I tried the first two solutions and they caused no change in the problem. I can't do the third option since Forza Horizon 5 isn't installed as the problem is that it refuses to install.

Thanks
  4. Tomm_A Win User

FM7 on Xbox One X, installation problem.

Hello Dawid Debowski,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are having an issue installing specific game in your console. It is correct that the game was removed from Microsoft store due to end of life and this could be the reason why the installation would not be completed.

You can check the article below that provide more information about the game and support.

I hope this helps!

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

5. x24hrs2livex Win User

Forza 5 install time

Are you installing from a disc? If so try disconnecting from the internet and completing the install that way. If downloading from the xbox store it will take a good while to complete as Forza is above 30GBs
  6. xDevilxGirlx421 Win User

Main xbox Forza horizon 4

Hi,

have you checked on the xbox store by searching for forza horizon 4 to see if you can install it from there
Thema:

1. Specifically Forza won't install from the store - Similar Threads - Specifically Forza won't

2. Why can I not add one specific person that I know hasn't blocked me?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can I not add one specific person that I know hasn't blocked me?: I'm receiving this same error code as well and it's for new friends not old ones. They are able to add me but I can't add them back. I have already reset my modem and Xbox to make sure it wasn't a...
  3. Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...: Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific sinus wave inverter for the backup c98c1f89-569d-494c-8d8f-1072e12bb841
  4. Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...

in XBoX on Windows
    Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...: Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex legends and every time i turn my xbox back on to play Apex, i have to restart the game....
  5. How to get the game I purchased in Windows 10 specifically in Microsoft Store from window 11 ?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to get the game I purchased in Windows 10 specifically in Microsoft Store from window 11 ?: I bought from the Microsoft Store a game on windows 10 but when I changed windows to windows 11 and then signed in to my account I couldn't find the game I bought. I searched everywhere but...
  6. I cannot run specific games

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot run specific games: Anytime I try to run a game, it crashes immediately. most will throw up their start up menu then crash right after. Error message: The server...
  7. Xbox only working on a specific tv.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox only working on a specific tv.: I’ve just bought a this Xbox one a of a friend as it was working no problem. I tried plugging it into my tv and it keep saying mode not supported. I’ve been through all the tvs settings to try fix...
  8. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  9. Xbox app fsils to updste with specific error

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app fsils to updste with specific error: Hello everyone, I am having exactly this issue : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-error-0x80070426-when-i-try-to-start-xbox/403f8e9b-2afc-4c32-9230-aa59b4732531...
  10. Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...: It’s acting as if it isn’t recognizing my specific settings which is weird because sometimes it does and other times it doesn’t and it just started happening after I synced it to a series x...