Spearate outlook account from xbox/microsoft account

Discus and support Spearate outlook account from xbox/microsoft account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, Any advice on how to remove my outlook email account from my son's microsoft/xbox account without deleting wither account? I have added an alias... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DanielleH3, Jul 12, 2019.

1. DanielleH3
    DanielleH3 Guest

Hi, Any advice on how to remove my outlook email account from my son's microsoft/xbox account without deleting wither account?

I have added an alias account and made as primary - it only attaches my outlook account to that name which I dont want....

:)

DanielleH3, Jul 12, 2019
  2. IRB Win User

Hi

That isn't possible, if I'm reading what you want to do correctly. You can't remove a Microsoft email address (Hotmail, outlook etc) from one account and add it to another. I believe removing it will loose access to that email address forever.

The changing of email addresses is meant for accounts created using 3rd party email providers.

Sorry.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Danielle,

The one thing you can do in this case, is change the primary email to your sons. Make sure you leave your outlook as a secondary on the account. If you do remove it, you will lose access to that email. As long as it is still on the account you will be able
    to use it like normal. Also, it will be like a second way to recover your sons account, if he ever forgets password or something.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Phoenix_Reins Win User

I had a similar issue myself, I was instructed to create a new account for my son first so that email could be attached to his xbox. From my experience this is the only way to keep from losing access to both the gamertag your son uses for the xbox and
    your email account.
  5. MDG o CROWN o Win User

Hi.
    I recommend that you contact technical support directly and that they can help you with your question or with the change procedure if there is one, because if you do something wrong, you may lose your xbox account
  6. AridLizard Win User

Thema:

1. Spearate outlook account from xbox/microsoft account - Similar Threads - Spearate outlook account

2. Outlook

in XBoX on Windows
    Outlook: My Outlook has multiple folders only when I check off one email item then inside another menu that appears in the Move menu two of the same folders appear. A different view appears than when I...
  3. my nephew is locked out of his outlook account we need to speak to a acutal person on the phone

in XBoX Accessibility
    my nephew is locked out of his outlook account we need to speak to a acutal person on the phone: live chat wont work for him and the recovery form isnt working we need to speak to a real person to fix this issue de5de1d6-8424-4d6a-bbaf-2fa9788fd5f3
  4. I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot...: I also have a gamepass account that im being charged for and cant get into and have never even used it. Please help I have been locked out of my account for probably a year or more now but I'm...
  5. Signing into Microsoft Store and any similar app (Xbox Live, Minecraft, Mail/Outlook) on a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Signing into Microsoft Store and any similar app (Xbox Live, Minecraft, Mail/Outlook) on a...: Whenever I try to log in to apps like Microsoft Store, Xbox Live, Minecraft, Mail/Outlook etc. with my e-mail that ends with @windowslive.com, I get stuck on the "Just a moment" screen looping a...
  6. Cannot verifiy outlook account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot verifiy outlook account: What are questions on the account verification form? 4ff01eb3-9ab5-4e4b-8462-31293f202ea8
  7. Replacing Primary Account Alias with an Outlook Account that is being used for “Account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Replacing Primary Account Alias with an Outlook Account that is being used for “Account...: Hello All, Like many others, my primary alias for my Xbox account is no longer valid. I am wanting to use an Outlook account that I currently have as an “Account Verification” email as my new...
  8. How do I change my Outlook email linked to my child's Epic Games account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change my Outlook email linked to my child's Epic Games account?: This is one for the books and for those familiar with Epic Games accounts. A long time ago, I deleted my Outlook account without realizing that it was linked to my child's Epic Games account. It...
  9. Can I set up a new Outlook account for my son with his XBox gamer tag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I set up a new Outlook account for my son with his XBox gamer tag?: My son has been locked out of his Outlook due to forgotten password and we cannot get back in via the online form. Can I set up a new account for him and link it to his existing gamer tag ID?...
  10. How can I log into an outlook account connected to my Minecraft? I cannot log into my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I log into an outlook account connected to my Minecraft? I cannot log into my...: I have all the answers to my security questions but it will not allow me to reset any password. I don't want to lose my Minecraft account. 9585a127-6e58-447d-b67f-9c8f1d161633