Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working

Discus and support Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Everybody, I recently purchased an Xbox Series X and there are two things that annoy me a bit. The first is Xbox's cracking audio while I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ádám Pap, Feb 5, 2024.

1. Ádám Pap
    Ádám Pap Guest

Hello Everybody,

I recently purchased an Xbox Series X and there are two things that annoy me a bit. The first is Xbox's cracking audio while I navigate in the menu. It occurs only when I navigate in Xbox's menu and it is quite random. I found a disable option for the navigation sounds in the system settings so it is somewhat solved but it is suboptimal. Can I expect a fix for this?

The second one is HDMI-CEC. Actually, I really don't find this a very useful option so I turned it off. I disabled this feature on my console and on TV as well but my Xbox is still powered on by my TV when I turn on my TV. I own a Samsung TV and its option for this (Anynet+) is disabled. I've read that I can buy a CEC-less HDMI adapter and my problem will be gone for good (I think I'm going to buy one).

So, when will be a scheduled big software update where they try to fix these problems?

I have the latest software installed on my Xbox and on my TV as well. I use the provided (by Microsoft) HDMI cable.

Thanks for the answer,

Adam

:)

Ádám Pap, Feb 5, 2024
  2. d3d4e6e9-9ce3-44a5-9 Win User

No Signal Connecting XBox One S Digital with Samsung TV

How to Turn on HDMI-CEC on Your Samsung TV

1. Open the External Device Manager. To activate HDMI-CEC, go to the External Device Manager, found under the General
      Settings menu.
    2. Activate CEC. The first option in the External Device Manager is Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC). ...
    3. Navigate to Universal Remote. In the source list, select Universal Remote, and add a new device.

Just found this, hope it helps
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Series S keeping switching Input back on my AV Receiver?

4. AlexCouling1 Win User

HDMI - CEC Xbox series X

I’ve tried a couple of HDMI cables and I have no idea what’s going on 😂.

With CEC on audio starts cracking really badly. I’m just going to leave CEC off for now. Thanks for the help though
  5. XBF Mohammed C Win User

: HDMI CEC worked on XB1 for AVR, but new series X doesn't

6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox Series X power question

Thema:

1. Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working - Similar Threads - Sound pops cracks

2. Xbox series x sound popping and crackling

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x sound popping and crackling: I just bought my Series X less than a year ago. This audio issue has been there from the beginning. I have an audio tech background and it is not ANY of my peripherals. When I exit a game, the...
  3. Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell: the xbox still works and nothing changed on the screen when it happened but i’ve kept it off and unplugged just in case. I just got this on christmas so i don’t know why it’s having serious...
  4. Headset popping sounds when using app's

in XboX Insiders
    Headset popping sounds when using app's: When I play games or just browse on the home menu everything sounds fine, but when I open apps such as spotify or YouTube there's a popping noise any help would be appreciated!! submitted by...
  5. Why is my Xbox Series S sound popping and glitching?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox Series S sound popping and glitching?: Every morning that I turn my Xbox on my sound on Youtube and the home menu has a weird popping and glitching sound. I restart my Xbox and it works just fine but if I turn it back on later in the...
  6. My Xbox made a loud popping sound and now it won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox made a loud popping sound and now it won’t turn on: I was playing 2k and outta no where my xbox made a pop sound and turned off and now it don’t turn on efab7840-0b10-41c8-a24f-538717a72126
  7. Achievements in PC Game Pass games unlocks but does not pop nor sound on screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements in PC Game Pass games unlocks but does not pop nor sound on screen: Hello. I have been a long time with this issue where, suddendly, achievements notifications stopped popping on screen while I play on PC Game Pass games, even when the option is marked in the...
  8. sound pop intial startup xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    sound pop intial startup xbox series x: i have an xbox series x ever since update on xbox x 9/6/22 i have a pop sound when starting up the xbox series x i have a sony x85k set to 120hz vrr have tried most things but no avail...
  9. Xbox Series S made a loud POP sound and turned off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S made a loud POP sound and turned off: After playing for about 45 minutes, I heard a loud POP sound, my xbox shut down completely and then a weird smell lingered for a couple of seconds. At first I thought I blew a fuse and it was my...
  10. Atmos causing pop & loss of sound

in XboX Insiders
    Atmos causing pop & loss of sound: Having Dolby Atmos on in my sound setup is causing random pops and loss of sound. Sound setup is this: Sonos Arc + 2x sonos speakers TV using ARC audio (Sony XBR-900H) The sound pops are...