Sound issue with headset and TV

Discus and support Sound issue with headset and TV in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’m having issues with my headset, sound has been coming from my TV and headset but I also can’t adjust my headset chat mixer I have tried plugging my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by liam thomson1, Sep 15, 2023.

1. Sound issue with headset and TV

I’m having issues with my headset, sound has been coming from my TV and headset but I also can’t adjust my headset chat mixer I have tried plugging my controller in which helped once but not anymore I also have the setting “mute speaker when headset attached” But still hear from the TV

:)

liam thomson1, Sep 15, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello liam thomson1,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your headset. To better assist you, I would like to ask you a few questions.

- What is the model and brand of your headset?

- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

- Have you tried using a different headset or controller to see if the issue persists?

- Have you checked the audio settings on your Xbox console and TV to make sure they are not conflicting with each other?

Meanwhile, here are some troubleshooting steps we can perform to try and fix the issue:

First, make sure that your headset is compatible with your Xbox console and controller. You can check the compatibility list here: Connect a compatible headset | Xbox Support

Second, try to update your controller firmware. Sometimes, outdated firmware can cause audio issues. To update your controller firmware, follow these steps: Update your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

Third, adjust your audio settings on your console. You can change the balance between game and chat audio, mute the speaker when headset is attached, and adjust the volume level. To access the audio settings, press the Xbox button on your controller, then select Profile & system > Settings > General > Volume & audio output.

Please also see: Troubleshoot audio on your Xbox console | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. RobertSchweitzer Win User

Television Audio Through Xbox One Headset

If you are talking about the Chat headset, that comes with Xbox One, then No. If you are talking about Stereo Headset, with an Stereo Headset Adapter. then Yes. Using the Stereo Headset Adapter give to both Chat and Game sound to the headset. If you TV,
    is connected to the Xbox, your TV sound, will go to the headset.
  5. mingan29 Win User

Series X thinks I have a headset connected and I don't

Sound is restored to the TV, but it's still in Headset Format?

At least it works. I wouldn't mark fixed, but the symptoms of the issue are gone.
  6. Richiestang78 Win User

Some sound/music playing in mono?

Is it just using the headset or does this happen with the normal TV speakers? If its the headset sounds like something is wrong with the TV jack.
Thema:

1. Sound issue with headset and TV - Similar Threads - Sound issue headset

2. Wireless headphones Xbox One S sound issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headphones Xbox One S sound issues: Any pair of wireless headphones I connect to my Xbox one s, mainly my Razer Kaira, Connects, however no sound is heard, I’ve tried with multiple pairs of wireless headphones, and even cleaned my...
  3. discord issues, sound krisp/no sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    discord issues, sound krisp/no sound: After i launch discord,every thing was fine, after few second, the sound like (PTS) or when somebody leave (basically every discord built-in sound) it just become krisp then later no sound, this...
  4. Having sound issues with my Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having sound issues with my Xbox: I followed the instructions to restart my Xbox when it was having sound issues, and it worked, but only temporarily. When I went to adjust the volume to turn it down, the sound went right back...
  5. Xbox Wireless Adapter sound issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter sound issues: I have bought Xbox Wireless Headset with Xbox Wireless Adapter and use it on my PC with Windows 11. All drivers and system are updated! And I have this terrible issue when audio is chopping with...
  6. MW3 sound issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MW3 sound issues: Split from this thread. I've also got this issue....annoying!!! 0b34d1ff-3075-4da7-9e7e-c5524507df1e
  7. MW3 sound issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MW3 sound issues: When playing MW three battle Royale, I am unable to hear anything when I open a chest or pick up plates. Everything else appears to be normal but I’m just not able to hear those few things. Any...
  8. All Sound suddenly went out. Can anyone help with this issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    All Sound suddenly went out. Can anyone help with this issue?: I was playing a game on my series x, I was even in a party chat, then suddenly, all audio went out. Only party chat remained. Now, no matter what I do, all the trouble shooting and resets isn't...
  9. NO Sound After Update Several Days Ago. This is Not the "Intermitent Scratchy Sound" Issue

in XboX Insiders
    NO Sound After Update Several Days Ago. This is Not the "Intermitent Scratchy Sound" Issue: After an Update about a week ago, my Xbox lost its ability to output sound to the Home Theater or the TV's speaker EXCEPT for 1 App; (HD HomeRun) AND the Black and White Xbox Splash Screen that...
  10. Audio issues with headset and tv sound

in XboX Insiders
    Audio issues with headset and tv sound: Alpha Skip Ahead Xbox Series X Steelseries Nova Articis Pro Wireless LG C1 55” Headset and tv audio both giving an echo effect when my headset is turned on and using the headset audio options...