SOS: Why do I have 2 gamertags? Is there a fix?

Discus and support SOS: Why do I have 2 gamertags? Is there a fix? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I’ve recently changed my gamer tag and for some reason my previous tag is being shown above my current tag + has [CORE] sitting next to it. Does... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by NoHopeRemains, Dec 24, 2023.

1. SOS: Why do I have 2 gamertags? Is there a fix?

I’ve recently changed my gamer tag and for some reason my previous tag is being shown above my current tag + has [CORE] sitting next to it.

Does anybody have a solution for this? I changed tags for a reason and I’m thoroughly irritated as some of my friends have stated I’m still being labeled as my old tag while in parties/sending messages etc.

FWIW: I’ve already tried removing my account from the xbox twice w/ no luck. Pretty stupid issue IMO, really hope someone on here might have some experience with this.

I’ll attach a pic of what the edit profile page looks like on my xbox for reference. Bottom name is what my tag should be…..top one is my old
    SOS: Why do I have 2 gamertags? Is there a fix? [​IMG]

:)

NoHopeRemains, Dec 24, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello NoHopeRemains, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, with the intention of being able to help you I did an internal search on the Microsoft forum and found a publication by Gerardo C., an independent advisor, where he mentions the reasons why it is strange that you have this type of problem And I thought it was good information, which you should take into account:

It is not really possible to have two different gamertags on the same Xbox account, so you will probably have to wait a few days for the old gamertag to completely disappear from the entire Xbox ecosystem since generally this is not usually immediate, I patiently recommend waiting. a couple of days and see if it goes away automatically.

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/75a73a6a-1b15-4b9a-89ae-8e3c5edc68c5

As additional information, if the problem persists, contact Xbox support so they can tell you what to do in these cases: https://support.xbox.com/

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. Ak1raTetsuO Win User

Why i have 2 gamertags

https://itstillworks.com/12304822/how-to-delete-the-xbox-gamertag try this site itll let you know what to do i think,,,
  4. McDaddyTree Win User

Why i have 2 gamertags

It seems to be a common issue currently. The new system needs some kinks worked out. You should be good to go once everything is fixed. Only reason I can see it being intentional is so your friends know who it is since you changed your GT.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Why i have 2 gamertags

Make sure to use the correct email and password when signing in your console. If you still have issues contact xbox support.
  6. AthenasWrath01 Win User

Why i have 2 gamertags

Try to remove the the account that you don't want from your Xbox. If that doesn't work then contact xbox support to guide you. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us
Thema:

1. SOS: Why do I have 2 gamertags? Is there a fix? - Similar Threads - SOS Why gamertags

2. Roblox Receipt SOS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox Receipt SOS: Hi So I’ve been trying to get my password reset for an hour now but it just doesn’t work so I contacted customer service and they said that I’d need a receipt for roblox which both Xbox and...
  3. SOS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SOS: Hi, When I start a title, it appears a message saying "getting your xbox 360 info..." The progress bar doesn't move, and after a while it disappears and enters the game. But when I press the...
  4. SOS MY XBOX 360 SLIM WILL NOT TURN ON

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    SOS MY XBOX 360 SLIM WILL NOT TURN ON: So, I've been trying to figure out what is wrong w/my Xbox, so I turned to you guys. My battery pack (on the main power cord) stays orange, and when I power it on it goes green for a sec, then...
  5. Xbox insider SOS, tried to leave beta on minecraft

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox insider SOS, tried to leave beta on minecraft: So im on xbox one, i went onto xbox insider and tried leaving Minecraft beta, but it got stuck, theirs not even a loading circle next to it, so i tried un-installing both Xbox insider and...
  6. set my home Xbox [SOS ASAP]

in XBoX on Consoles
    set my home Xbox [SOS ASAP]: I need to set my Xbox as home Xbox without internet so I can play my games please help I need to know how to designate my home Xbox without internet I can't change it on my console Help me...
  7. SOS!!! HELP!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SOS!!! HELP!: Ok. I’ve tried preordering Cold War & it tells me “try again later.” Now so far I have waited 30min, restarted console, deleted & added back card info, & I just got on modern warfare & purchased...
  8. SOS ADVANCED WARFARE POINTS PURCHASE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SOS ADVANCED WARFARE POINTS PURCHASE: PLEASE HELP I PURCHASED MODERN WARFARE AND WENT TO THE STORE IN THE GAME SELECTION AND PURCHASED 2 5,000 COINS/POINTS AND PURCHASED THESE BUNDLES WITH 1 OPERATOR SKINS WEAPONS DECALS ETC AND THE...
  9. SOS CAN'T FIND D/LED ADD-ONS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SOS CAN'T FIND D/LED ADD-ONS: I Paid for 5,000 coins twice to purchase add-ons for my COD MODERN WARFARE, THEY WERE different themes and weapons & skins for different prices but after i paid for them and tried to find them in...
  10. My friend is stuck appearing offline (pls send help) SOS

in XBoX on Consoles
    My friend is stuck appearing offline (pls send help) SOS: My friend has been stuck appearing offline for awhile now. I thought it was an issue with his privacy settings but those are all good. He has also hard reset his console and he's still stuck...