"Sorry, We can't play this disc" Becoming a frequent message, time to be ...

Discus and support "Sorry, We can't play this disc" Becoming a frequent message, time to be ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Day1 Xbone but it was not put into use until Christmas. It's worked perfectly up until last week. I went through several Bluray movies rented... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jaze00, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Jaze00
    Jaze00 Guest

I have a Day1 Xbone but it was not put into use until Christmas. It's worked perfectly up until last week. I went through several Bluray movies rented from Redbox that where a message would pop up about my TV not being HDCP compatible, which it is. After
    a few re-inserts of the discs they would eventually pass the HDCP check I guess because they would play fine. I could not purposely duplicate this issue but I did cycle through several movies and managed to get it to happen once on Pirates of the Carribean
    3. The HDCP issue only ever occured on Sat, Jan 18th.

The following day and I guess every day since I have been receiving a message that says "Sorry, We can't play this disc. Try an Xbox One game, Music CD, blah, blah, blah". It happens when inserting Forza5 or AC4. It usually only takes one or 2 eject, reinsert
    for it to recognize the disc. That message doesn't pop up for movies and the HDCP message I mentioned above hasn't happened with a movie since.

Since it's such a random issue should I wait for it to be a more predictable problem before I contact Microsoft for a repair or should I do it now. I'm worried that if I do it now they won't be able to duplicate it and will just send it back in it's current
    condition as I've had ASUS do with a PC component before.

oh and yes I've checked to make sure the discs I am using were clean "Sorry, We can't play this disc" Becoming a frequent message, time to be ... :)

:)

Jaze00, Jan 28, 2014
  2. o ArT iV o
    o ArT iV o Guest
    Xbox One: "Sorry, we can't play this disc..."

I've seen this error message too many damn times today. Went through 2 sets of consoles and games from Gamestop and still keep getting it. Some people have said its an issue with the latest update and thats great...BUT WHEN IS IT GOING TO BE FIXED?!?!?

This is outrageous.

o ArT iV o, Jan 28, 2014
  3. Xbox One: "Sorry, we can't play this disc..."

Hey there, o ArT iV o! I am very sorry to see that you aren't able to play your discs! Since you've already done an exchange, the only course of action to do is getting a repair done. You can do it either through our
    Online Service Center or by
    contacting support
    . We thank you for your patience and understanding!

Misses Quinzel, Jan 28, 2014
  4. "Sorry, We can't play this disc" Becoming a frequent message, time to be ...

Take pictures of it for backup to prove your case if it comes down to disbelief.

PrimitiveMeat, Jan 28, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: