"Sorry, this game isn't playable here" (0x8082000c) Xbox 360 games not working.

Discus and support "Sorry, this game isn't playable here" (0x8082000c) Xbox 360 games not working. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; As of a few weeks ago I tried to load up the original Xbox 360 versions of Halo 3 and Black Ops 2 to play them on my Series X. I know they're both... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/LaperLarden, Jan 13, 2022.

1. "Sorry, this game isn't playable here" (0x8082000c) Xbox 360 games not working.

As of a few weeks ago I tried to load up the original Xbox 360 versions of Halo 3 and Black Ops 2 to play them on my Series X. I know they're both backwards compatible because I've played them on Xbox One before. While waiting for them to load, I got this error message - "This Game Is Not Playable Here - Error Code 0x8082000c"

So I tried it with other Xbox 360 games, all the other Xbox 360 Halo titles, the Call of Duty games from Modern Warfare to Ghosts, all games that I know for a fact are backwards compatible, and none of them work. I got the same error message for all of them. The discs aren't scratched or damaged either.

I've talked to at least five Xbox representatives who have walked me through everything; resetting my console's storage, clearing 360 storage cache, soft reset of the console, power cycle, resetting persistent storage on the Blu-ray drive, resetting Mac address in the advanced network settings, trying DVD's to see if the disc drive was broken, etc. literally everything and eventually settled on it being a problem with my Series X as it's a known issue that some of them don't play 360 games and that some Xbox Engineers are looking into the issue.

So, in the meantime, I borrowed my friend's Xbox One S to try and play these 360 games, and to my surprise, they don't work on the One S either. I went through literally every trouble shooting step, same as last time and still no difference just the same 0x8082000c error message.

Though, get this right, the games work when I use data on my phone and hotspot my console. So, I guess it's an issue with my internet, somehow...? Yet I've seen other people on different forums (most notably this one https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox/comments/rf9bzy/all_of_a_sudden_my_backwards_compatible_xbox_360/) complain about the same issue and use the same solution. So it's not just exclusive to me.

Thankfully, swapping back over to WI-FI after signing in on 360 with my hotspot works and I can play the games but it's a massive inconvenience to have to connect to my hotspot every time I want to play a backwards compatible game on disc, then having to switch back to WI-Fi again. I've submitted a problem report so hopefully that'll bring some more attention to the issue as well.

submitted by /u/LaperLarden
    [link] [comments]

/u/LaperLarden, Jan 13, 2022
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

"Sorry, this game isn't playable here" (0x8082000c) Xbox 360 games not working.