Sons xbox account cant link to epic games account because account (mine) already is an epic...

Discus and support Sons xbox account cant link to epic games account because account (mine) already is an epic... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Maybe some lovely smart people can help me wrap my brain around this. It doesn't seem like it should be so confusing and hard to do but it is. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by phantom wolfTML, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Sons xbox account cant link to epic games account because account (mine) already is an epic...

Maybe some lovely smart people can help me wrap my brain around this. It doesn't seem like it should be so confusing and hard to do but it is. I have been in contact with epic games support for over 21 days now. They take around 7 days to get back to each reply.

Back in 2017, my son got an xbox, he was young i used my email to set him up an account. He started playing fortnite. Then in 2020, he bought himself a pc. Hasn't played on his xbox or fortnite since. But now wants to link his original fortnite profile, on xbox to his pc, and he cant. Ill explain why, and this is what we need help with.

I tried fortnite a few times on my own xbox profile with a separate email, and then eventually on my own pc. But the problem is, i used the email for my sons xbox for fortnite on pc, before i realized you could link accounts. Stupid i know.

So now we have two fortnite accounts, one my sons and one mine, on the same email technically. So my son cannot make an epic games account, because i have one!! But the thing is, its like a throw away account, because it was before i realized i could link my xbox account to an epic games account and merge all that and play that account on pc.

So im wondering what is the best option here. Delete the epic games account that is a throw away ( i havent used it in years, and rarely did till i realized i could link my xbox account to pc) and doesnt matter to me? Then will my son be able to link his xbox account to epic games once the account is deleted?

It seems there is no way to completely change a microsoft/xbox profile to a new email, is that correct? You can add alias, which we tried, but then before i did that, my son made his own microsoft account with his email, so now my account wont allow me to add him as an alias. Plus if its just an alias, he still wouldnt be able to use that for an epic games account right? Because the original email is still connected to the xbox/microsoft account.

I cannot believe there is no way to fully change an email address for your microsoft account. What if someone lost access to their email? Hope i explained that, and isnt confusing. I would really really appreciate any help. I dont know if i should be contacting epic games, or microsoft or who.

:)

phantom wolfTML, Dec 2, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Sons xbox account cant link to epic games account because account (mine) already is an epic games account, help?

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your deep concern with your son's account access to Epic Games. We would like to set your expectation, that we can answer Microsoft account concerns. However, the process of registering/creating/linking a Microsoft account to Epic Game will be under the Epic Game's terms and policy to follow.

For this issue, I recommend contacting Epic Games support again and ask them to help you with the decision-making. We understand that you have thoroughly thought about the cons and pros for the two choices you have. They may be able to assist you in merging the two accounts or deleting the epic games account you had so that your son can create his own Epic Games account.

Regarding changing the email address associated with your Microsoft account, you can try following these steps:

Note: If primary alias or the account you would like to remove is a Microsoft email domain, removing it will mean you will no longer access its mailbox and cannot send/receive emails. Email domains: @live.com, @hotmail.com, @outlook.com

1. Sign into your Microsoft account on this link.

2. Select "Manage how you sign into Microsoft."

3. Select "Add email" or "Add phone number" to add a new email or phone number to your account.

4. Once you've added the new email or phone number, select "Make primary" to set it as the primary email or phone number for your account.

Learn more here: Add or remove an email alias in Outlook.com - Microsoft Support

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Sons xbox account cant link to epic games account because account (mine) already is an epic games account, help?

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. MyburghDu Toit Win User

Relink an unlink account on Fortnite

Can you please assist.

My son's xbox live account is linked to unnamed epic account.

I have revoked the access of epic games on the microsoft side.

Tried to connect via epic website and have seen that microsoft now indicates newly linked with current presonalized account.

Issue is that in epic i cant get it connected .....indicates " your xbl account has been associated with another epic account"

Please assit :(
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Please can someone help my sons fortnite has been wiped

The purchases and battle pass are linked to your son's EPIC account.

So if you made a new EPIC account and linked the gamertag to that, of course no previous purchases are there.

You need to link your son's Xbox Gamertag account to the correct EPIC account with which you made the previous purchases.

BUT BEWARE!!! If you only used the console to link to an EPIC account WITHOUT making that first EPIC Account a

"full EPIC account" as described here
    , it might be that your purchases are now lost!!!

If you need help with that, you would have to contact the EPIC support from the link above using the "Contact us" button at the bottom of the page.
  6. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Switching my epics games to this account

Hi XI Nabeel XI

Try this link to see if it is any help with making the change you are looking for How do
    I change the email on my Epic Games account?

If your son doesn't have the epic account setup already then create the account and then link the new gamertag to it and then try linking his fortnite.
Thema:

Sons xbox account cant link to epic games account because account (mine) already is an epic...

1. Sons xbox account cant link to epic games account because account (mine) already is an epic... - Similar Threads - Sons account cant

2. My son mistakenly redeemed his vbucks to my microsoft account, instead of his microsoft...

in XBoX on Windows
    My son mistakenly redeemed his vbucks to my microsoft account, instead of his microsoft...: My son mistakenly redeemed his fortnite vbucks to my microsoft account, instead of his microsoft account. We would like to transfer them over to his account. How do I correct this issue? Thank...
  3. Son hacked, how to get back his account

in XBoX on Windows
    Son hacked, how to get back his account: Hello, my son's account has been hacked, I can see in my family sharing panel that his email has been changed from [mod removd] to [mod removed] Also, I can see in the last email he received that...
  4. my sons account has been banned why ?

in XBoX on Windows
    my sons account has been banned why ?: hello i wanted to ask a question on here my son is 10 and made a looking for group post on a game and was tryna play with people around his age and he has been suspended and will be unsuspended 5...
  5. How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?: I added my son's gift card to my Microsoft account for the Xbox. It is not letting me transfer to his account, can anyone help me on how to do this please? 19670d29-854f-4ef9-8be4-14327a41525b
  6. If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...: My son is in our family account but I want to remove him as he keeps getting messages that he needs to ask for my permission to use chrome ??? If I remove him can he still use our Xbox account...
  7. Cant find my sons xbox account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant find my sons xbox account.: So my sons Xbox one s was stuck on the green screen. Googled it and advised to enter the trouble shooting menu and reset it with keeping download games. When I tried to sign back in I couldn't...
  8. my son cant connect to his account

in XBoX Accessibility
    my son cant connect to his account: as some one still it, we try to communicate with microsoft but support is very bad and didn't give him solution. i am trying to have a call with someone who can help me. can someone tell me how...
  9. Son made my account i cant chance birthday

in XBoX Accessibility
    Son made my account i cant chance birthday: Along time i ask my son if he could make my microsoft account and he put his birthday on my account and i didnt cause any trouble but i bought him xbox one s and he ask me if he a wanted to play...
  10. My son is trying to get access to play battlefield 1 but cant, How do i change his account age?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son is trying to get access to play battlefield 1 but cant, How do i change his account age?: I have tried to change my Microsoft account age but that didn't work, any suggestions 2a22cb2f-0386-49c0-8b4e-a28420af6e9e