Son's Minecraft game acts like it's no longer purchased

Discus and support Son's Minecraft game acts like it's no longer purchased in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son has been playing Minecraft bedrock on the PC for more than a year. He has 31 achievements and 19d 6h of playtime. Yesterday, when he logged on... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ThomasAmos, Sep 17, 2023.

1. ThomasAmos
    ThomasAmos Guest

My son has been playing Minecraft bedrock on the PC for more than a year. He has 31 achievements and 19d 6h of playtime.
    Yesterday, when he logged on to our realm server, he started getting the "do x to chop down tree" tutorial stuff. When I checked his account, it said he was playing the demo. I did some forum surfing, logged him out of the MS store and the Xbox app, tried the store reset, repaired and reset the Minecraft app, etc. When I logged everything back in, now it won't even let him log in. If you click the "log in" button it just asks to purchase the game, and the same thing happens if he tries to get into realms. It will no longer let him join the server because he's not logged in, but he can't log in with his MS account, it just asks him to buy the game.
    I did a little more digging and you can see all his stats in the Xbox app, and his app library show the Minecraft for Windows app, but no matter what I do, it's acting like he's never owned the game. Then I thought maybe it's related to the Xbox Game Pass, but I haven't had that since June, and he's been playing since then.
    I'm completely stumped. Any suggestions?

:)

ThomasAmos, Sep 17, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello ThomasAmos,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

This sounds like a frustrating issue. I appreciate your efforts to troubleshoot the problem by logging out and resetting the apps. However, it seems that the game is not recognizing your son's Microsoft account or his purchase of Minecraft for Windows. There are a few possible causes for this, such as a corrupted game file, a sync error, or a billing issue. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

- First, make sure that your son's Microsoft account is active and has no payment issues. You can check this by signing in to https://account.microsoft.com/ and going to Services & subscriptions. If you see any problems with your account status or payment methods, please fix them before proceeding.

- Next, uninstall and reinstall Minecraft for Windows from the Microsoft Store. This will ensure that you have the latest version of the game and that any corrupted files are removed. To do this, go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features, find Minecraft for Windows in the list, and click Uninstall. Then, go to the Microsoft Store app, search for Minecraft for Windows, and click Install.

- After reinstalling the game, launch it and sign in with your son's Microsoft account. You should see his achievements and playtime restored, and he should be able to access realms and servers as before.

I hope this helps you and your son enjoy Minecraft again. Thank you for choosing Xbox.
  3. ThomasAmos Win User

Thanks, I did all this. Still no good.
    Couple of observations:
    The game isn't showing up in his purchases or mine, or in our emails, so it appears like I never bought it for him. I can only find three purchases in my store history - one Java edition and two Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection purchases. It should be three Minecraft for Windows purchases, with two gifted to my kids through the family settings.
    But... the three of us have been playing together in a Minecraft Realms server since 2021. He's racked up over 19 days of playtime and his achievements and playtime are currently being displayed in his Xbox profile for a game that it doesn't seem like he's ever purchased???
    The easy solution at this point is just to chunk a little money at it and purchase it (again?), but I'm honestly just really confused at what happened or how.

[​IMG]
  4. CarTzy Win User

5. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

trying to find out our subscription details

You purchased a 12 month subscription to Xbox Live which allows online gaming for the account that purchased it. What MS points are used for is to purchase downloadable games, new content for games, game skins, avatar items, etc. Minecraft is a downloadable
    game. Its just like buying a game in a store, except that there is no disc and the game is stored on your hard drive. The MS points are simply the money you use to purchase it. If both your younger son and older son have gold accounts, either of them could
    download the game and both could play it. If both are using the same account, download it to that account and have fun, minecraft is a great game.
  6. onyxishere Win User

DLC Acting Like Never Purchased

The link below will explain how to do a license transfer. Be sure that your father follows the instructions. After the transfer is complete all he needs to do is redownload the content. There is no need to delete it first though as he is only moving licenses
    to the new console.

support.xbox.com/.../download-content

After he does that you should be able to access the content on your account again without needing his gamertag signed in.
Thema:

1. Son's Minecraft game acts like it's no longer purchased - Similar Threads - Son's Minecraft game

2. can i move a minecraft account from my microsoft account to my sons ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    can i move a minecraft account from my microsoft account to my sons ?: After getting a new Pc i no longer can log in to my minecraft account. I used my microsoft account with my sons minecraft account. Now i no longer have acces to my old email and cant log in on my...
  3. Why is my son's minecraft preview worlds not syncing from his Xbox one to his new Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my son's minecraft preview worlds not syncing from his Xbox one to his new Xbox...: My son got an xbox series x for Christmas...after installing minecraft preview he tried to play...it will not load his current worlds from his Xbox one s...it says that the other xbox is taking a...
  4. My son is trying to add a mod in minecraft but we are logged into the wrong account and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son is trying to add a mod in minecraft but we are logged into the wrong account and...: My son is trying to add a mod in minecraft but we are logged into the wrong account and can't figure out how to log into the right account 00b922d1-ba05-42c2-9673-39b0313d0494
  5. Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...: When he tries to join a server (like Hypixel), he only gets the error: "Failed to login: null". I literally watched some youtube video and websites about how to fix it but none of them worked. Why...
  6. My Son's Microsoft account was stolen through a Minecraft scam I have all records. They...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Son's Microsoft account was stolen through a Minecraft scam I have all records. They...: My son fell for a minecraft scam allowing a hacked access to his microsoft account. They are still linked to my family account. I have all the emails about the activity on the account. This...
  7. My son uses his Microsoft account for Xbox/ Minecraft. He accidentally created a second...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son uses his Microsoft account for Xbox/ Minecraft. He accidentally created a second...: He can’t access his original account with previous purchases. Everytime he tries to login it take him to the new account. Thank you. 4fcbf8ca-eb9c-4018-a873-d83bac429d41
  8. Son's Minecraft account has been stolen along with his micosoft email via in-game hypixel scam

in XBoX Accessibility
    Son's Minecraft account has been stolen along with his micosoft email via in-game hypixel scam: Last night my 13 year old son whilst playing Minecraft was scammed by another person in the chatroom. He had his Minecraft account stolen by accessing his microsoft account. By the time we had the...
  9. Can I transfer my son's minecraft hero game data to his own microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I transfer my son's minecraft hero game data to his own microsoft account?: Hi there, I migrated my son's mojang account to my microsoft account. I bought a game pass and he's enjoying playing minecraft dungeons. I want to play alongside with him. Is it possible to...
  10. Hi! So My son plays minecraft dungeon steam game with my Microsoft account. Can we play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi! So My son plays minecraft dungeon steam game with my Microsoft account. Can we play...: Hi! I have purchased Minecraft dungeons on the Nintendo switch and again also purchased on steam. My son plays on the steam game with my Microsoft account. Can we play multi player with the switch...