Sonic Forces crashing on Series X. How to fix?

Discus and support Sonic Forces crashing on Series X. How to fix? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was enjoying some Sonic games on my Series X and when I try to launch Forces, it just fades back the Dashboard. No error pop-up either. Just fades... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SonicXHero, Nov 11, 2023.

1. SonicXHero
    SonicXHero Guest

I was enjoying some Sonic games on my Series X and when I try to launch Forces, it just fades back the Dashboard. No error pop-up either. Just fades back. Tried to delete and reinstall the game, turn off console completely then turned back on and everything! Drives me crazy!

:)

SonicXHero, Nov 11, 2023
  2. RichieB_ Win User

Hello

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

3. RichieB_ Win User

Hi SonicXHero,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're experiencing issues with Sonic Forces on your Xbox Series X. Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try:

1. Check for updates: Make sure that your console and the game are up to date. To check for updates, go to "My games & apps" > "Updates" and see if there are any available updates for Sonic Forces.

2. Clear cache: Clearing the cache on your console can sometimes help resolve issues. To do this, press and hold the power button on your console for 10 seconds until it turns off. Then unplug the power cable from the back of the console and wait for 10 seconds. Plug the power cable back in and turn on your console.

3. Reinstall the game: Uninstall the game and then reinstall it from the Microsoft Store.

If the issue still persist, I'd like to ask if this happening to other games that you have on your Xbox Series X console or specific game only?

For more information you may check this support article for games issues on Xbox: Troubleshoot game issues on Xbox | Xbox Support

I hope this will help you. We look forward for your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

How to fix crashing on Sonic Forces on Xbox One played on Series X?

Hi SonicXHero! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

I'm sorry you're going through this problem, I really know how frustrating this can be. I also understand that you have tried everything and nothing has worked, but I leave you these steps, so you can try them and tell me if the problem persists:

Step 1. Check for game updates: Make sure Sonic Forces is up to date. You can do this by going to the game's page on the Microsoft Store and checking for updates.

Step 2. Delete local saved games: Deleting your local saved games can help solve the problem. To do this, go to Settings > System > Storage and select Delete local saved games.

Step 3. Check for system updates: Make sure your console is up to date. You can do this by going to Settings > System > Updates and downloads.

Step 4. Uninstall and reinstall Sonic Forces: Try uninstalling and then reinstalling Sonic Forces.

Step 5. Reset your console: If none of the above steps work, try resetting your console to its factory settings. This will erase all data on your console, so be sure to back up all important data before continuing.

If this information is useful to you, let me know, otherwise I will be attentive to continue helping you!

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  5. TG GolemJephson Win User

Heya,

Do you have an external hard drive or alternata method of storage for your games thats not the internal storage on the console?
  6. TG GolemJephson Win User

Hey,

Im having the EXACT same issue and have been for a number of days/weeks. Ive tried several discs, ive tried several consoles, online and offline installations.

This is my main takeaways...

Ive tried multiple standard installations from several Sonic Forces discs, didnt work, so it wasnt an issue with my discs.

Ive tried installing to a different system. Admittedly ive not had a chance to try another Series X, but I installed it to an Xbox One Console and had no issues playing the game at all, so its defo seems contained to the Series X.

Something I considered was there was maybe in issue with the updates the game requires you install before playing. So I wiped the game, checked my Internal and External storage and removed any trace of Sonic Forces.

I set my console to offline only and reinstalled the game from the disc only with no patches or updates. Interestingly, this worked. I could get the game to boot and actually play it.

So then, I went back online, and was forced to install the updates; to which the issue came back. I could no longer boot the game. I thought that maybe the update had corrupted or something and that installing it independently of the game would fix it. But to no avail. Im currently messaging Xbox Support about the issue; but from where im standing it seems there is a bug with the latest update version on Xbox Series X specifically?

Ive tried all these steps on both my Internal and External storage but that yielded no results.

Hopefully Microsoft/Sega address this issue soon
Thema:

1. Sonic Forces crashing on Series X. How to fix? - Similar Threads - Sonic Forces crashing

2. Will sonic and Sega all star racing be backwards compatible

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will sonic and Sega all star racing be backwards compatible: Will this game ever be backwards compatible? 30ef492e-0447-48c4-9b69-720a82848329
  3. Sonic Colors: Ultimate To Xbox PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Sonic Colors: Ultimate To Xbox PC: Sonic Colors: Ultimate Windows 8fac26b8-21dd-4606-abe3-b97eac0e7a64
  4. my sonic unleashed game on the xbox 360(brand new btw) isnt working, it only says, play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my sonic unleashed game on the xbox 360(brand new btw) isnt working, it only says, play...: It either has a laser burn, or something is wrong with the laser e05ab3d3-7d05-4022-a070-f96b3cbb9a3e
  5. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with DTS/Atmos/Sonic spatial audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with DTS/Atmos/Sonic spatial audio: Hey I'm syncing my Razer Kaira Pro to the Xbox Adapter but when I enable spatial sound like DTS/Atmos/Sonic it stutters when I'm playing video games? I've tried my old Turtlebeach Stealth 600 Gen...
  6. If I remembered correctly, sonic the hedgehog 2006 is backwards compatible for the Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I remembered correctly, sonic the hedgehog 2006 is backwards compatible for the Xbox...: If I remembered correctly, sonic the hedgehog is backwards compatible for Xbox series x or s, correct? 8f672608-bb09-49bd-a1a0-07edb6325bbd
  7. How do I play Xbox live battle on Xbox series x in Sonic The Fighters?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I play Xbox live battle on Xbox series x in Sonic The Fighters?: So Sonic The Fighters is a Xbox 360 game and when I select "Xbox LIVE Battle," it says "You do not have sufficient Xbox LIVE privileges to access this feature." What do I need to do to play this...
  8. Hi, I have a game called Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 for the Xbox 360 and I’m trying to play it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, I have a game called Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 for the Xbox 360 and I’m trying to play it...: Hi, I have a game called Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 for the Xbox 360 and I’m trying to play it on Xbox One….but it keeps saying that the disc is not playable. Is it possible for it to be backward...
  9. Sonic generations in series x glitched stage names.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sonic generations in series x glitched stage names.: Sonic generations in series x, stage names are showing glitched characters. Already rebooted, cleared chache, resinstalled game, started a new save file but the glitch still present. This happens...
  10. How to fix crashing on Sonic Forces on Xbox One played on Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix crashing on Sonic Forces on Xbox One played on Series X?: I was about to play Forces today until I constantly boot back to the menu when attempting to launch the game. Tried restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling the game and hard reset. NOTHING...