Son has graduated and needs his own account/membership without losing data.

Discus and support Son has graduated and needs his own account/membership without losing data. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son has graduated, going to college and now needs his own Xbox account/membership. I signed up and created our Xbox and Microsoft account using my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BScott79, Nov 26, 2023.

1. BScott79
    BScott79 Guest

My son has graduated, going to college and now needs his own Xbox account/membership. I signed up and created our Xbox and Microsoft account using my own MSN email/info years ago. I now have a younger son gaming on the same account. What is the best way for my adult son to take responsibility for his own account including membership fees without losing all of his game data? Time to move on! My email account has been held hostage long enough, and now with multiple players/consoles it’s getting confusing. Would’ve done things differently years ago when we got our first XBox but had no idea.

:)

BScott79, Nov 26, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

The only way he can continue without losing his data is by keeping the same account he's been using. You can create a brand new account for him, but nothing can be transferred between accounts.
  3. davemcfly85 Win User

XBOX Live Gold Family done now????

the family account was discontinued months ago so yes your son needs his own gold membership for his tag to be able to play online
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

What is the best way to set up a child's Xbox account to allow time limits and for him to take over the account when an adult?

Thank you for your response!

Regardless of whether it's a child or an adult account, all of his progress will remain even if the child account graduates to an adult account as the saved data progress, achievements, purchased, and owned licenses are permanent on the Microsoft account.
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

FIFA 13 sucks!!

Hi.

Your sons account may need to be over the age of adulthood for your region, as for your own account it could well be that you need a gold membership to play online.
  6. DB-WL Win User

xbox live family

Hi Wolf!

You can contact support to request a cancelation of the Family Pack on your son’s account. Once that membership has been cancelled, your husband can purchase a brand new Family Pack Gold with his own account. That will automatically make your husband the
    primary account on the new membership and your son can then be added to the plan as a secondary account.
Thema:

1. Son has graduated and needs his own account/membership without losing data. - Similar Threads - Son has graduated

2. my sons account has been banned why ?

in XBoX on Windows
    my sons account has been banned why ?: hello i wanted to ask a question on here my son is 10 and made a looking for group post on a game and was tryna play with people around his age and he has been suspended and will be unsuspended 5...
  3. My son has a new xbox. When he set it up he created a new account. How do I transfer the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has a new xbox. When he set it up he created a new account. How do I transfer the...: My son has a new xbox. When he set it up he created a new account. How do I transfer the xbox ultimate game pass subscription to the new xbox. Thanks. 7efe3e50-e73a-4500-92be-37f2fd992f6e
  4. My son has somehow created a new xbox account using the same email address so lost all of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has somehow created a new xbox account using the same email address so lost all of...: I don't know what he has done or how he has done it but he had an xbox account. He is now logged in with the same email but different gamer tag snd none of his previous info is linked. So no...
  5. My Son has FC24 on Xbox Series S and has added a friend who has a PS5... why can't they...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Son has FC24 on Xbox Series S and has added a friend who has a PS5... why can't they...: The Cross Play feature is enabled, they are friends but when he tries to add him to play a game he isn't there for selection in the Online friends list. In fact it doesn't even show the Online...
  6. We have an Xbox and my son has the gamer pass. How do I get my Daughter to be able to play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    We have an Xbox and my son has the gamer pass. How do I get my Daughter to be able to play...: We have an Xbox and my son has the gamer pass. How do I get my Daughter to be able to play too? Does she need a gamer tag? I’m keen to set up a family but how can I if my son has the gamer pass?...
  7. My email address is on my son's xbox account (gamer tag); his email address has my xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My email address is on my son's xbox account (gamer tag); his email address has my xbox...: Set up years ago when he was little... Let's say Dad's email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** and son's email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus...
  8. I bought my son a Koorul monitor that has built in speakers. How do I get sound when...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my son a Koorul monitor that has built in speakers. How do I get sound when...: The HDMI cable does have audio. What settings should the Xbox have? b34edbe9-5eef-4c9d-a1c5-8a9849ed131f
  9. My Son has the Xbox S series, we’ve connected the G923 to it and it works up until he needs...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Son has the Xbox S series, we’ve connected the G923 to it and it works up until he needs...: My Son has the Xbox S series, we’ve connected the G923 steering wheel to it and it works up until he needs to press A to start Forza 5, but then it won’t respond to start a game. Any idea’s of...
  10. My son has not accessed by account in over 4 years. He no longer has the same email or...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has not accessed by account in over 4 years. He no longer has the same email or...: My son has not accessed his account in over 4 years. He no longer has the same email or phone number. Is there a way he can gain access to his account? Have tried Microsoft recovery, ,but can't be...