Son had to reset his Xbox One and we have his gamer tag, but can't remember email...

Discus and support Son had to reset his Xbox One and we have his gamer tag, but can't remember email... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son reset his Xbox One AND wrote his gamer tag name down, but can't remember his email/password now associated with it and it didn't save anything... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by mena gottschalk, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Son had to reset his Xbox One and we have his gamer tag, but can't remember email...

My son reset his Xbox One AND wrote his gamer tag name down, but can't remember his email/password now associated with it and it didn't save anything from the reset

:)

mena gottschalk, Mar 12, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Son had to reset his Xbox One and we have his gamer tag, but can't remember email associated with it to sign in, how can we fix this?

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Son had to reset his Xbox One and we have his gamer tag, but can't remember email associated with it to sign in, how can we fix this?

Hello mena gottschalk,

We hope you are doing well. Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums.

We know your son is eager to get back to gaming. We understand that you are trying to recover the Microsoft account of your son that was signed into the Xbox One. I would like to inform you at the beginning that Microsoft account recovery is managed by a completely automated server, and we do not have manual access to it. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. We are committed to protecting your personal information, and the meticulous account recovery process is intended to protect you from any possible malicious activity. For now, please allow me to do the best I can in helping you with the process.

Based on your description, you only have the account's gamertag in which does not play bigger role in recovering the account. To recover an account, you may try the following steps below and these may need the basic account information (Email address, Password, phone number, Skype name) and access to security information (secondary email account, phone number, recovery code) added to your account. We hope you can recover the account, kindly check your notes or Microsoft Family if your son's account is added in there.

Here are the three ways to recover your Microsoft Account:

To be fair, no one in the Microsoft community can remove or change your account information. Your own self will be the help you need.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. AlexBus08 Win User

Lost account

My son burned up his Xbox one up and we are able to log on but can't retrieve his gamer tag/ID because we bought a used Xbox
  5. Abigail Vine Win User

Locked out of account and going round and round to authenticate and it's driving me nuts!!!

Also - although one email account (my main one) is listed under my son's gamer tag on his xbox, my OLD email address comes up on the Xbox when he tries to log in and can't and when it prompts us to verify the address... which is mad as I haven't had that old email address for 4 years....
  6. GAURANGUBHAYAKAR Win User

family group

Does my son's gamer tag stay on my account?

can I transfer the gamer tag to his own email?
Thema:

Son had to reset his Xbox One and we have his gamer tag, but can't remember email...

1. Son had to reset his Xbox One and we have his gamer tag, but can't remember email... - Similar Threads - Son reset gamer

2. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  3. My son got the black screen of death today he tried going to factory reset but when he...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son got the black screen of death today he tried going to factory reset but when he...: My son got the black screen of death on his Xbox one s 67c4f855-7abe-450b-9aa2-44fc5231f2c4
  4. How do I reset my son’s Xbox account password when I can’t remember my password and the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I reset my son’s Xbox account password when I can’t remember my password and the...: How do I reset my son’s Xbox account password when I can’t remember my password and the phone number is my old number I no longer have ? c21e56e3-8951-44e9-acf6-ab3d2df3a1b8
  5. Hi. My sons had to do a system reset on his Xbox. He knows his gamertag but cannot remember...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi. My sons had to do a system reset on his Xbox. He knows his gamertag but cannot remember...: Hi. My sons had to do a system reset on his Xbox. He knows his gamertag but cannot remember his email. Can you help? Gamertag is XdLeonF1690 c3b3e049-43f0-40a2-ac16-f949eeccea39
  6. my son had to reset console, can't access profile as we tried all our old emails. can't get...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my son had to reset console, can't access profile as we tried all our old emails. can't get...: My son had to reset the console, we cannot retrieve his username as we tried all the old email/ passwords, we can't get to speak to anyone in person to help. Tried emails and passwords now has set...
  7. On Xbox I have lost the 6 digit number for allowing my son to accept friends how do I reset...

in XBoX Accessibility
    On Xbox I have lost the 6 digit number for allowing my son to accept friends how do I reset...: On Xbox how do I reset the 6 digit password for friend requests. Thank you c7bed04f-593e-4125-b440-94e6e247b37d
  8. My Xbox won’t get past the add new screen after I reset it to give to my son! It gives a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won’t get past the add new screen after I reset it to give to my son! It gives a...: I reset my comsole tomgive it to my son and now it wont go past the add new screen 4cee09cb-a562-478a-bdc9-02d0591e75ea
  9. Xbox Password reset. My son has locked himeself out of his account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Password reset. My son has locked himeself out of his account.: MY 10 year old son has locked himself out of his account on Xbox. He cannot remember the password. I went online and filled the form in 4 times and nothing. Just get an automated message. Last...
  10. bought minecraft for my son and some realms. had to reset computer and its asking me to pay ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    bought minecraft for my son and some realms. had to reset computer and its asking me to pay ...: need help they are trying to charge me again for mine craft. It disappeared after I reset computer b94b1dd0-57f7-46d6-8a86-8edef6f43a16