Sometimes my xbox parties will work without issue but randomly it will start connecting

Discus and support Sometimes my xbox parties will work without issue but randomly it will start connecting in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Anyone else have the same issue because this has been happening for weeks now and i cant find a solution all tho i have tried dozens of methods to fix... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by VenomousSpy0224, Aug 10, 2023.

1. Sometimes my xbox parties will work without issue but randomly it will start connecting

Anyone else have the same issue because this has been happening for weeks now and i cant find a solution all tho i have tried dozens of methods to fix it and my nat type is fine and my internet is fine but it’s just parties that won’t work anyone have anything i could try which isn’t nat type related issues

:)

VenomousSpy0224, Aug 10, 2023
  2. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Sometimes my xbox parties will work without issue but randomly it will start connecting

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help.
    Try to make other groups and invite your friends to test.

Hope I helped and see you soon
    Sometimes it can be a problem connecting to someone in the group, not necessarily your connection.
  3. Awsomonium Win User

Randomly started having issues connecting to wifi (but sometimes works).

Questions from your original post:

Since the D6200 wireless performance is dual band (2.4 Ghz, 5 Ghz), what band do you connect your console to?

2.4Ghz

If you have enabled WPS (Wi-Fi Procted Setup) on your wireless router, make sure you disable this feature and go with manually configured settings.

It's disabled and already manually configured.

If you connect your console to the 2.4 Ghz radio band, what channel and mode do you have configured?

Channel 11 (I've switched around to almost all different ones at random and none seem to help particularly better then any others).

If the D6200 is not running your ISPs custome firmware, visit Netgear.com and make sure your D6200s version of firmware is up-to-date.

Already updated firmware from them.

I'm not sure if you used a different naming convention for what I'm about to suggest, but make sure your console's power setting is set to Energy-saving.

It's actually not set to that, forgot to try that (though there may be something to that, I'll explain more down below).

It seems as your D6200 has IPv6 enabled. It may be that your ISP is tunneling IPv4 inside of IPv6. Make sure there're no IPv6 DHCP server operating on the D6200.

I have IPv6 disabled in my settings.

Now, for what I mentioned in my answer to the Energy Saving Mode question:

I mentioned before that unplugging my Xbox One's power cord and leaving it out until I next play it seems to make it work perfectly. I just switched it to energy saving mode just now (it was previously on Instant On mode.)

Knowing this I'm guessing Instant On mode keeps some sort of cache of system info for the wifi settings to have it boot faster? I assume it was keeping the wrong info somehow which wasn't letting it connect properly.

Would you happen to know exactly what info Instant On holds onto that may be the thing *** it up?
  4. taidara Win User

The troublesome with the higher RF signals (e.g 5 GHz/shorter wavelength) in comparison to the lower range RF signals (e.g 2.4 GHz/longer wavelength) is that the signal will attenuate much faster as the signal penetrate through different physical obstacles,
    for example concret- or brick wall/floor/ceiling. The main cause to this has to do with distance, as the transmitting- and the receiving end antennas are less effective at receiving RF energy with higher frequency. This will cause shorter range and a smaller
    coverage area for the 5 GHz range in comparison to 2.4 GHz range.

Your wireless clients shouldn't cause any conflicts part from being a member in the neighboring, and often crowded air, and where everyone wants to be THE device that talks the most (luckily there're rules that prevent this from happening) . It's those devices,
    or antennas, that transmits with enough power and operates at the same RF (channel) as your wireless router (which in this particular case is an accesspoint/wireless accesspoint) that will interfere with your wireless clients (PC/Smartphone/Xbox etc.). Such
    a signal can be generated from a cordless phone/microwave oven/wireless headset (digital RF transmitter).

It's not that easy to compare one wireless client to another due to different wireless NICs/drivers, but do you have the option to move your console any closer to your D6200, to see if it can pick up on the 5 GHz SSID.

Can you also take a closer look at my initial post, as there're a couple of question you never gave an answer to.

In my opinion, I wouldn't try with an additional router, as this would only require more configuration from your end. Two NATs don't play nice to applications that needs to traverse through these devices.

Have you had the chance to connect your console with wired yet?

Keep us posted.
  5. taidara Win User

Hi,

Since the D6200 wireless performance is dual band (2.4 Ghz, 5 Ghz), what band do you connect your console to?

If you have enabled WPS (Wi-Fi Procted Setup) on your wireless router, make sure you disable this feature and go with manually configured settings.

If you connect your console to the 2.4 Ghz radio band, what channel and mode do you have configured?

If the D6200 is not running your ISPs custome firmware, visit Netgear.com and make sure your D6200s version of firmware is up-to-date.

I'm not sure if you used a different naming convention for what I'm about to suggest, but make sure your console's power setting is set to Energy-saving.

[quote user="Awsomonium"]My Primary DNS for example was listed as "fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1" I corrected those details[/quote]It seems as your D6200 has IPv6 enabled. It may be that your ISP is tunneling IPv4 inside of IPv6. Make sure there're no IPv6 DHCP server
    operating on the D6200.

keep us posted!
  6. taidara Win User

I'm not sure which sleep mode triggers Instant-On, but a wild guess would be hybrid sleep mode. And you've probably guessed it already, but Instant On is actually an application (what else).

[quote user="Awsomonium"]Knowing this I'm guessing Instant On mode keeps some sort of cache of system info for the wifi settings to have it boot faster?[/quote]Not only are those values cached to resume quicker from its current state, but also to maintain
    connectivity during this mode.

[quote user="Awsomonium"]I assume it was keeping the wrong info somehow which wasn't letting it connect properly.[/quote]"it", as your Xbox One, or your wireless router? One thing is for sure, something went corrupted during this mode.

If you've already have the latest version of firmware for your router, try downgrade your router's version of firmware to an older one. The most recent version of firmware may sometimes cause more issues than it's supposed to.

Keep us posted.
Thema:

1. Sometimes my xbox parties will work without issue but randomly it will start connecting - Similar Threads - Sometimes parties without

2. Mic Sometimes works with Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Sometimes works with Xbox: I am using the Xbox app (On my Laptop), Xbox S, External Mic (USB), and Headset. A friend got this to work, but he is unavailable to help. (I Brought Mic from him he had no issues) I'm having...
  3. Xbox game bar fps counter only works sometimes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar fps counter only works sometimes: As the title says, Xbox game bar fps counter only works sometimes. I'll be playing the same game (ie jedi survivor) and I'd say only 30% of the time does the fps counter actually show my fps. The...
  4. My friends can only sometimes hear me in voice parties.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends can only sometimes hear me in voice parties.: I have been using the xbox game bar on windows 11 for quite some time now, but recently when I join a party with my friends they have been telling me my audio cuts off at random (Usually 10...
  5. My xbox game bar won't connect to parties at all, and sometimes I'll get the message when I...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox game bar won't connect to parties at all, and sometimes I'll get the message when I...: It only started happening a week or two ago, but I used to be able to join parties on my game bar just fine. Now every time I try to join a party with my console friends I join to an entirely...
  6. Is it normal that sometimes take 1 min and sometime take 30 sec to turn off xbox flash icon...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it normal that sometimes take 1 min and sometime take 30 sec to turn off xbox flash icon...: Hi every day when i finishing playing when i turn off the xbox(series x) sometime it take 10 or 20 sec to fully turn off(xbox icon flash turn off) sometimes 1 minute i think i wanna know is it...
  7. Sometimes I can’t hear other people in the chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sometimes I can’t hear other people in the chat: I have a set of Bluetooth headphones. Every now and again, I cannot hear people in the chat, but they can hear me. I saw a video on YouTube, which told me to clear my Mac address, but it only...
  8. My Xbox crashes on every game I play unless it’s on cloud gaming and sometimes completely...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox crashes on every game I play unless it’s on cloud gaming and sometimes completely...: I have had my Xbox series x for a little while now and was working fine, until recently I did the new COD update and ever since my Xbox keeps crashing religiously. The only game I have played that...
  9. Xbox audio passthrough handshake issue - no audio sometimes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox audio passthrough handshake issue - no audio sometimes: When I am streaming video content on my xbox, I'm having an issue where I have no audio when the stream starts, until I pause/play a few times quickly. I have the XBOX set to passthrough so my...
  10. My mic is working sometimes

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic is working sometimes: My mic works sometimes but other times not, I know it not the controller because I've tried it with two mics. 8ff82a31-4b0e-419b-a4bb-1c06328bf55a