"Something Unexpected Happened" Error While Trying to Get Something From the Xbox Store

Discus and support "Something Unexpected Happened" Error While Trying to Get Something From the Xbox Store in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; About a few days ago I was about to try out a new game coming to console, Paladins. While trying to download the game I get this; "Something unexpected... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TomahawkChop131, May 5, 2017.

1. "Something Unexpected Happened" Error While Trying to Get Something From the Xbox Store

About a few days ago I was about to try out a new game coming to console, Paladins. While trying to download the game I get this; "Something unexpected happened reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a bit and try again or
    restart your device. That may help." So I did what was suggested, I hard reset my xbox, restarted my internet, waited for a couple days, and reported the issue. However the problem still persists even while I try to get ANYthing from the store, it still gives
    me the same error message.

So is there anything I'm missing? I already checked to update my xbox and I have plenty of space left on my xbox. What should I do next?

:)

TomahawkChop131, May 5, 2017
  2. I would like to report a new error code which I encounter while trying to download from Marketplace

Hi guys,

I keep an error that reads "Something unexpected happened - Code: 0x87E00005" while trying to download Forza Horizon 3 from the Xbox Market place.

I have tried everything; hard reset, power cycling console, restarting from interface as well as deleting the game and re-starting download.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

CagyCylinder437, May 5, 2017
  3. DatGuyAsh
    DatGuyAsh Guest
    Twitch App error

I am having a problem with the Twitch App.

"Something went wrong, We're so sorry; something unexpected happened."

That's the error I get when hitting the broadcast tab

DatGuyAsh, May 5, 2017
  4. "Something Unexpected Happened" Error While Trying to Get Something From the Xbox Store

Hi,

We had the same problem and fixed it by resetting the console. (By resetting the console you can keep all your saved / installed games and apps)

Regards,

ArrantTrain3167, May 7, 2017
  5. Z3R0 C00L 14
    Z3R0 C00L 14 Guest
    I'm having the same issue and it sucks cuz I played 2 matches and I love it already!

Z3R0 C00L 14, Nov 1, 2018
  6. ArrantTrain3167 Win User

"Something Unexpected Happened" Error While Trying to Get Something From the Xbox Store

Hi,

We had the same problem and fixed it by resetting the console. (By resetting the console you can keep all your saved / installed games and apps)

Regards,
  7. Z3R0 C00L 14 Win User

I'm having the same issue and it sucks cuz I played 2 matches and I love it already!
  8. AR_308 Win User

Installing games

The windows installation came from the microsoft site,
    I downloaded it on my SSD, I haven't touched the HDD
    I'm not getting the error message anymore for some reason, but instead it's just stuck on downloading 0% or preparing 0%
    Just repaired the Xbox app and the Microsoft store and I'm getting the error again, all the error message says is:
    "Something Unexpected Happened
    Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a bit and try again or restart your device. That may help.
    Error code: 0x87e00916"
  9. Malacath Win User

Wireless Display app won't install on my Xbox One X

Thanks for the reply.

I've already tried both of those.

I've even done a fully factory reset wiping all the games and apps.

Nothing works.

If I try installing from the store and select see details it says. "Something Unexpected happened. Reporting this problem will help us understand it better" It has error code 0x803FB005
  10. PhilX. Win User

Windows Store or Xbox Live can't sign in. error 0x800706d9. Enable service "Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant"

I have the same error code but it say "Something Unexpected Happened"

My windows update is always on and I have got a error last week saying it was not and would prevent me from updating anything in Windows Store. Now this SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENED is preventing me from updating.

Windows UPDATES is working and I made sure it was updated before trying to UPDATE in Windows Store.

I also restarted my PC and tried it again... SAME ERROR.

I have no new programs that could be preventing these updates. No new Virus Protection to work around.

No NEW Fire Wall to work around either.

Everything worked fine a couple weeks ago and now I cant update games or apps.

Ive been having a lot of problems with XBOX PARTY CHAT lately and figured there could be a update to resolve it.

I cant UPDATE Sea Of Thieves either.

I tried the TROUBLESHOOTER and it cant find any issues. Obviously there is a problem there as well.
Thema:

1. "Something Unexpected Happened" Error While Trying to Get Something From the Xbox Store - Similar Threads - Something Unexpected Happened

2. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...: Okay so Recently I updated Game bar one day and then whenever i joined a party on pc it would say everyone in the party was disconnected and then after a few minutes it would say "Something went...
  3. I am Constantly getting error messages when trying to do something on Xbox Service

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am Constantly getting error messages when trying to do something on Xbox Service: Wether it's about trying to remove old feeds or changing information. it simply won't work as i constantly get web errors or other stuff shoved into my face. Please fix your services or do...
  4. Keeps saying "something went wrong" when i try to get CoD points.

in XBoX on Windows
    Keeps saying "something went wrong" when i try to get CoD points.: When i click on the amount of points i want to buy, example: 1,200 CoD points, It keeps saying "Something went wrong, please try again later" and i have enough money, it keeps saying this each...
  5. Trying to share captures but "something went wrong" error message appears instead. Other...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Trying to share captures but "something went wrong" error message appears instead. Other...: I had these really good captures from my game I wanted to share with others in a club I was in. Instead I am repeatedly met by an error message saying something went wrong, and this is still...
  6. Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad: Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad (my controller disconnects while there is a charger connected to it) and I am so annoyed by it I might switch to...
  7. something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says: Game bar parties not working 0x00000000 something went wrong try again - Microsoft Community I've pretty much done everything this guy has done in this link beside solution 3 which really doesn't...
  8. How do i get it when i try to change skins it says Sorry! Something unexpected went wrong?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i get it when i try to change skins it says Sorry! Something unexpected went wrong?...: I need help fixing this because i've been trying to find a way to change my skins and i did all sort of things like uploading the skins on the minecraft website and trying to change it in the app...
  9. Sorry! Something unexpected went wrong... Minecraft Skin Java

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sorry! Something unexpected went wrong... Minecraft Skin Java: I set my skin on the minecraft launcher and the error comes up. I set my skin on the website and the skin didn't changed. Window 11 The latest launcher version all minecraft version [img]...
  10. "Something unexpected happened" when trying to install games from the Windows 11 Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something unexpected happened" when trying to install games from the Windows 11 Xbox app: The Xbox app was working perfectly yesterday, tried to install a game today and it gives me a message saying "Something unexpected happened" with the error code "0x89235003". Can't find anything...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. marketplace xbox sorry unexpected happened

2. something unexpexted happened dbd install xbox live