someone else is using my email for the billing contact address

Discus and support someone else is using my email for the billing contact address in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Some idiot entered my email address for his billing contact email in his xbox live account. Now I get an email with every transaction, and it is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by notxstein, Sep 18, 2014.

1. notxstein
    notxstein Guest

Some idiot entered my email address for his billing contact email in his xbox live account. Now I get an email with every transaction, and it is annoying. However, the emails don't say the gamertag or actual account ID. I have my own xbox live account with
    the same email address for the login and for the billing address. I tried calling support, but they won't tell me the account login or change the billing contact email. What can I do?

thanks in advance for any help!

:)

notxstein, Sep 18, 2014
  2. Someone else is using my email address.

How do I take my email off the post?

totallyconfused2many, Sep 18, 2014
  3. Scrtch
    Scrtch Guest
    Someone else is using my email address.

OK I removed the personal info for you. In the futre if you accidentally make a mistake like that you can click on the little no symbol and report the post and we can take care of it.

So he's removed the email from his WLID and you are still getting emails about Xbox? Is that what you mean?

Scrtch, Sep 18, 2014
  4. someone else is using my email for the billing contact address

Hello notxstein.

Of course they won't tell you the account login or change it as you are not authorised to make that decision, and neither are they. Just because he entered your E-Mail as a billing contact address does not grant you ownership of that account in question.
    The best thing you can do is go back and talk to them and tell them someone has used the e-mail address that belongs to yourself as the billing contact address, and that that's not acceptable as that person does not own the e-mail address or have access to
    it. Microsoft take security of their customers very seriously, and they were in the right in not granting you access to login to that other account.

If you would like to call up Microsoft Xbox Support please check the best suited telephone number:

United Kingdom:

0800 587 1102

or 44 20 7365 9792 from a mobile phone

Hearing Impaired (TTY device):

0800 587 1103

Hours of operation:

Monday-Friday: 09:00-22:00

Saturday: 09:00-20:00

Sunday: 09:00-17:00

United States/Canada:

1-800-4MY-XBOX

International (direct dial to U.S.): 425-635-7180

Hearing Impaired (TDD device): 1-866-740-9269 or 425-635-7102

Hours of operation (every day):

9:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M. Eastern Time

6:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Pacific Time

Let me know how you get on!

Regards,

Daniel

DanielGabriel2, Sep 18, 2014
  5. DanielGabriel2 Win User

Hello notxstein.

Of course they won't tell you the account login or change it as you are not authorised to make that decision, and neither are they. Just because he entered your E-Mail as a billing contact address does not grant you ownership of that account in question.
    The best thing you can do is go back and talk to them and tell them someone has used the e-mail address that belongs to yourself as the billing contact address, and that that's not acceptable as that person does not own the e-mail address or have access to
    it. Microsoft take security of their customers very seriously, and they were in the right in not granting you access to login to that other account.

If you would like to call up Microsoft Xbox Support please check the best suited telephone number:

United Kingdom:

0800 587 1102

or 44 20 7365 9792 from a mobile phone

Hearing Impaired (TTY device):

0800 587 1103

Hours of operation:

Monday-Friday: 09:00-22:00

Saturday: 09:00-20:00

Sunday: 09:00-17:00

United States/Canada:

1-800-4MY-XBOX

International (direct dial to U.S.): 425-635-7180

Hearing Impaired (TDD device): 1-866-740-9269 or 425-635-7102

Hours of operation (every day):

9:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M. Eastern Time

6:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Pacific Time

Let me know how you get on!

Regards,

Daniel
  6. totallyconfused2many Win User

I try to login to xbox live with it and it brings me to a screen that's asking me to sign up for xbox live... It used to say that the password or username was wrong before things changed on here... It's acting like he's already dropped it, but I keep getting
    emails for him and it's irritating...
  7. Scrtch Win User

OK I removed the personal info for you. In the futre if you accidentally make a mistake like that you can click on the little no symbol and report the post and we can take care of it.

So he's removed the email from his WLID and you are still getting emails about Xbox? Is that what you mean?
  8. An Xbox Dude Win User

9. totallyconfused2many Win User

How do I take my email off the post?
Thema:

1. someone else is using my email for the billing contact address - Similar Threads - someone else using

2. Im getting bot followers from someone else and it wont stop i dont want to get banned...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Im getting bot followers from someone else and it wont stop i dont want to get banned...: I was playing rainbow six siege and a person by the username [mod removed] got into an argument with me he then says "enjoy the ban ;)" and then blocks me and deletes the message. 10 seconds later...
  3. How do I get my bans lifted if someone else has been signing into my account and purposely...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my bans lifted if someone else has been signing into my account and purposely...: I gave my account information to my ex because we used to play games together and I shared mine with him. Lately he’s been logging onto my account and saying things to his friends account which...
  4. Why does your team not see the someone else is framing my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does your team not see the someone else is framing my account: So I am here to say why is your team not finding proof the tickets on my Xbox account are false and not true sir Doug * Original title: Why does your team see the someone else is framing my...
  5. Why has my new my laptop came with someone elses xbox account .

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why has my new my laptop came with someone elses xbox account .: I have subscribed to the 3 month xbox games pass which came with my laptop. However, someone elses username/account is on here. On trying to access games I cant as the already-user is underage! I...
  6. xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users: I'm setting up a new pc. Trying to download games to try on it. I log into my account on firefox with no issues. But when I launch the app on the pc it keeps logging me into a similar but...
  7. Why does your team see the someone else is framing my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does your team see the someone else is framing my account: So I am here to say why is your team not finding proof the tickets on my Xbox account are false and not true sir Doug cd42e968-d8be-430e-956c-44beafc761c6
  8. Someone else is using my microsoft account to play minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone else is using my microsoft account to play minecraft.: Hi I'm metmet (not real name) On april my (other) microsoft account got hacked. It was the account I play minecraft on. I was a big fan of skyblock on hypixel. I had 600 hours and spend around...
  9. Microsoft refuses to listen that my money was USED by someone else and therefore STOLEN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft refuses to listen that my money was USED by someone else and therefore STOLEN: I have tried to get Microsoft to help me 4 separate times bit they keep giving me the same bs excuse, "under section 15" blah blah blah. I didn't find out about the theft until after the friggin...
  10. How can I delete my account if i'm using someone elses email to delete it and I won't have...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I delete my account if i'm using someone elses email to delete it and I won't have...: I want to delete 2 of my Microsoft accounts because I don't need them anymore. As a young person who still lives with my parents, they're pretty strict on how things work and they want it to be...