Someone else changed my gamertag :(

Discus and support Someone else changed my gamertag :( in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently I got a new laptop with Windows 10 and when I signed in with my Windows account, I noticed that the gamertag showed in the Window's xbox app... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Alfonso Orozco, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Someone else changed my gamertag :(

Recently I got a new laptop with Windows 10 and when I signed in with my Windows account, I noticed that the gamertag showed in the Window's xbox app wasn't the one I was remembering I have (or had). Someone changed my gamertag and even he (because now it
    is a guy's name, (you may see which gamertag I do have now) has been playing games with my account. The fact that bothers me the most is that I didn't recive any mail or notification about it, but that doesn't solve anything now. If anyone can at least tell
    me how could have that happened I would thank it so much. Maybe I can't get back (free) my previous gamertag but I want to know how to take care of my account the most. Thanks to everyone in advance. (Sorry if bad grammar)

P.D. If it is useful, I don't have my own xbox 360 or One, I only play in my best friend's consoles.

:)

Alfonso Orozco, Jan 25, 2017
  2. Tormaz
    Tormaz Guest
    A while ago my Xbox gamertag was changed, which was unauthorized, and I can't change it back without paying now. How can I change it back?

Hello!

Was your gamertag changed by the Xbox enforcement team or was it changed by someone else?

Tormaz, Jan 25, 2017
  3. Someone changed my Gamertag

Recently I was online playing a game when i was signed out for no reason. When I tried to sign back in it said my account was not valid. My kids said that it showed me online so I was on the phone with xbox support within 10 minutes. I told them someone
    had control of my account. While I was on the phone with them the person changed my gamertag and we only new this because they were still showing online on my kids friend list. Anyway they locked my account and I was without live for almost 3 weeks before
    they notified me by email that my passport was reset and I could regain my account. In the email it said that I would be refunded any charges that were done while account was out of my control and I would be able to restore my gamertag or be allowed one
    name change.

When I tried I was unable to restore my gamertag and when I called xbox support they told me once this happens I cannot have the gamertag back ? Nobody has it and I paid for this gamertag for 8 years is there anyway to get it back ?

Lead-ED2866C6-AF5A-4AC9-9306-EB88B231B209, Jan 25, 2017
  4. Tormaz Win User

A while ago my Xbox gamertag was changed, which was unauthorized, and I can't change it back without paying now. How can I change it back?

Hello!

Was your gamertag changed by the Xbox enforcement team or was it changed by someone else?
  5. Smwutches Win User

Unused Gamertags

If the person ever changes the gamertag or Xbox releases those gamertags, then someone else will be able to use them.
  6. IMA GAMER GIRL0 Win User

Gamertags

There is no way. A gamertag is connected with your profile. If you change your gamertag, it becomes recycled for someone else to use.
  7. EzequielNeves19 Win User

Can’t access old account?

Hello Tubularfool how are you?

My name is Ezequiel I'm an Independent Consultant.

I believe the Gamertag was used by someone else.

When you cancel your account or change your gamertag, your old gamertag becomes valid so that anyone can use it again, I believe the name is available and someone else took it and is using it.
  8. I Dashboard It Win User

Can this person please be deleted?

You want to change your gamertag?! "NeverGetsCaught" is pretty original and I'm sure that the minute you change it, someone else will take it. It's a pretty snazzy gamertag!
Thema:

Someone else changed my gamertag :(

1. Someone else changed my gamertag :( - Similar Threads - Someone else changed

2. How do I get my bans lifted if someone else has been signing into my account and purposely...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my bans lifted if someone else has been signing into my account and purposely...: I gave my account information to my ex because we used to play games together and I shared mine with him. Lately he’s been logging onto my account and saying things to his friends account which...
  3. Why does your team not see the someone else is framing my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does your team not see the someone else is framing my account: So I am here to say why is your team not finding proof the tickets on my Xbox account are false and not true sir Doug * Original title: Why does your team see the someone else is framing my...
  4. Why has my new my laptop came with someone elses xbox account .

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why has my new my laptop came with someone elses xbox account .: I have subscribed to the 3 month xbox games pass which came with my laptop. However, someone elses username/account is on here. On trying to access games I cant as the already-user is underage! I...
  5. xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users: I'm setting up a new pc. Trying to download games to try on it. I log into my account on firefox with no issues. But when I launch the app on the pc it keeps logging me into a similar but...
  6. Why does your team see the someone else is framing my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does your team see the someone else is framing my account: So I am here to say why is your team not finding proof the tickets on my Xbox account are false and not true sir Doug cd42e968-d8be-430e-956c-44beafc761c6
  7. My Microsoft account got hacked and someone changed the email to something else and the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account got hacked and someone changed the email to something else and the...: I woke up recently to an email stating that someone logged into my Microsoft account, changed my email, and then changed my password. I tried logging back in but it says that the account does not...
  8. Someone else's credit card showing up on my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone else's credit card showing up on my account?: So, I have a very interesting issue happen to me recently. I went to purchase a game on the Microsoft Store and I noticed someone else's credit card information was the default card on file. My...
  9. How do I play Minecraft with someone else?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I play Minecraft with someone else?: For 3 years now, my son begs me to play Minecraft with him. It’s so frustrating because we simply cannot play together. We’ve reinstalled iOS many times, I’ve even bought two iPads solely for the...
  10. Can you get xbox to give you someone else's username that hasn't played in years

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you get xbox to give you someone else's username that hasn't played in years: There is an account name I needed on xbox to suit the other names on platforms but the account username is taken by an inactive person so maybe someone help me with it please...