Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...

Discus and support Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! I was playing Forza Horizon 5 when I went back to the Home Screen to do something but after I did that my controller decided it didn't wanna... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Wayne B3, Jun 15, 2024.

1. Wayne B3
    Wayne B3 Guest

Hi! I was playing Forza Horizon 5 when I went back to the Home Screen to do something but after I did that my controller decided it didn't wanna respond to anything unless I was pressing the Xbox Button or using one of the sticks.

I cannot "update my controller" because the A button does nothing
    Remore Play also does nothing and cannot do anything

I've reset my Xbox more times than anyone can "recommend"

Why is this happening.... its not a cheap controller

:)

Wayne B3, Jun 15, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Wayne, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, reset your controller pairing.

To unpair it, press and hold the pair button on top of the controller for a few seconds until it vibrates twice.

Remove the batteries, wait for a few seconds, and reinsert them.

Once this is done, try to pair it again.

Turn on your controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button.

Press and release the Pair button on the Xbox Console.

Within 20 seconds, press and hold the controller’s Pair button (a circular button on top of the controller as you hold it in your hands) until the controller's Xbox button flashes a few times.

That means it's searching for a console.

The Xbox button stays lit once it's connected.

Once it's paired, please check the controller test on the Xbox Accessories App,

Press the Xbox Guide Button > Settings > Devices & Connections > Controllers & Headsets > Enter Test Mode (Click on the Conical/Lab Flask Icon beside the three dots ...).

Test the buttons here.

Let me know if it works!
  3. Michael Paillé Win User

Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does not show up under device manager.

My controller stop working too series x , factory controller . Last night working and today my samsung tv remote control my xbox and the xbox controller no longuer view by the xbox , i use another controller from my other xbox seris s , and this controller work but not the one work last night , i try the little button to match xbox with but nothing , the controller do no longuer view on my xbox series x , can control de series s but can't be view or connect to the series x anymore
  4. XxFaZeDeckxX Win User

How do I fix my LB button is working as RB instead?

The problem with my LB button working as RB button is on my Xbox series x controller
  5. PH1 HUNG Win User

Turtle Beach Audio Controller not working with Series X Controller

Is anyone's Turtle Beach adapter working now? My adapter stopped working with my Elite controller and my standard Series X controller. I'm pretty concerned.
  6. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox one controller

The Xbox Series X controllers will work on Xbox One consoles, and the Xbox One controllers (including the Elite/Elite V2) will work on Xbox Series X too.

This is a link to an external site which
    confirms the backwards and forwards compatibility for controllers.
Thema:

1. Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working... - Similar Threads - buttons Series controller

2. Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...: Everyone knows when you press the sync button makes the console flash as to show its ready for pairing but my controller is already paired and im not pressing the sync button yet its still going...
  3. LB button not working in Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    LB button not working in Elite Series 2 controller: When I bought the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. I played with the controller for a few weeks. Later the LB button had a problem where it only works if you press it one point or press it a lot....
  4. Every button on my Xbox series s controller is not working except for the left stick and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every button on my Xbox series s controller is not working except for the left stick and...: I have power cycled my controller and my Xbox around 3 times and i have updated the controller and it still is not working, I do not and cannot buy another controller and need help fixing it....
  5. Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S: I spilt a cup of hot cocoa into the fan of my Xbox series S console. I took it apart and cleaned everything off, including the fan and heat sink. I used 99% isopropyl alcohol so that the...
  6. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  7. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  8. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  9. I have a Xbox series s controller and the LT button is stuck not physically but when I go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox series s controller and the LT button is stuck not physically but when I go...: The controller is Xbox series s and I need help fixing it 88965f47-42c9-463e-b3ca-187fdc6a86fd
  10. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...