Some games won't install on Xbox One X

Discus and support Some games won't install on Xbox One X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I tried installing some of my old Xbox One games on my Xbox One X Scorpio Edition. The install didn't even start nor did it give the usual popup saying... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/mforcevirus, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Some games won't install on Xbox One X

I tried installing some of my old Xbox One games on my Xbox One X Scorpio Edition. The install didn't even start nor did it give the usual popup saying that an update it needed.

So far I've tried it on Destiny and Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection. Both discs are in perfect condition and work fine on other consoles.

The console started an update when I put in the disc for Trials Rising, and it autoloaded Overwatch which was already installed. This tells me that the hardware is running fine.

I am on the Omega preview dashboard but it's not showing any signs of games crashing or freezing.

I have reset the console, power cycled, cleared the offline saves and persistent blu ray data etc.

It's all looking to be a software issue as the drive works and the console still loads games from disc that are already installed.

I called support and they want to charge me over £200 for a repair that isn't even hardware related and is quite possibly caused from one of their updates. Even the support rep said it sounds like the cause.

Has anyone had this issue or know of a workaround because it's driving me crazy?

submitted by /u/mforcevirus
    [link] [comments]

/u/mforcevirus, Jun 18, 2019
  2. TRAPOUL80 Win User

How do I keep my Xbox 360 games on my 360 and Xbox x games on my Xbox x using the same login?

Okay am you use the same account but on your xbox one x don't install or interfere with any of the 360 games only deal with your Xbox one x purchases so there won't be a mix up.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

3.0 2Tb Seagate HDD comparability

Hi,

Your drive will work the same on Series X as it does on Xbox One and you won't need to format it.

However, Series X games or Xbox One games with Series X enhancements will not run from that drive and will either need to be installed internally or to an external SSD designed for Series X/S.

Your hard drive will be too slow for Series X games. They can be stored there, but not run from there.
  4. xdDx xchurchx Win User

Microsoft sucks

Are you sure that the season pass token is installed on your one X?

Head to my games and apps, then select manage game at COD: AW.

See if it is there under the ready to install.

You can also see if you can download it from the store if it isn't under the reaady to install section.
    it won't let me download it but if I get on my xbox one it will and it says I own it but not on my xbox one x
  5. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Xbox One X Won't Install games.

Here is the issue. Two days ago I tried to update Sea of thieves, but the installation kept stopping. I'd Try again, it would hang for a few seconds, then Say "Installation Stopped". So it wouldn't update the game. I got error code 0x8007045d. I tinkered
    around to get this to work by follow online instructions. I did the following.

- Clear System Cache

Didn't work

- Deleted Profile, then Re installed Profile

Didn't work

- Hard Reset the Xbox One X

Didn't work

- Factory Reset (Keep Games & Apps)

Didn't work

Nothing was working. I finally did a FULL FACTORY RESET. Wiping EVERYTHING off my Xbox One Games, Games, Apps, and Profiles. That did the trick, I was able to re download all my Apps and Games fully, even though it took 8 hours.

Now 2 days later, I'm installing a game and it's doing the same exact thing "Installation Stopped" Installation Stopped" Installation Stopped" and wont budge. If I have to FACTORY RESET my console everything 2 days to update a game, that's not gonna work
    for me. What is going on?
    Try an external and see if that works
  6. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Xbox One X Won't Install games.

Hi GregBurke85,

sorry to hear. The error code 0x8007045d appears on Windows if a disk cannot be accessed. And the XBOX is something like Windows 10. This is an input/output device error (I/O error) that indicates that there is already a defect in the
    disk or that it will occur soon. For example, such an error occurs when a CD-ROM cannot be read or described. The error message also appears in the event of a defect on your computer's card reader, SSD, or hard drive. So I think you HDD should be replaced!!

You can check the warranty status of your console and start a repair order here.

Hope this helps and please keep us informed.
Thema:

Some games won't install on Xbox One X

1. Some games won't install on Xbox One X - Similar Threads - games won't install

2. Xbox One won't play ANY of newly installed games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One won't play ANY of newly installed games: I got my daughter an Xbox One and she did everything she normally did with the last one. Everything was going fine. Got games installed. Then it won't actually PLAY ANY OF THE GAMES. Tried...
  3. Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?: I just got the Xbox x series, my first game worked like a charm, so I bought 4 more games (discs). I can get them installed but before I can play them from the disc I have to update them but none...
  4. I want to install games on my (D:) drive but the Xbox app won't let me select it. What can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to install games on my (D:) drive but the Xbox app won't let me select it. What can...: I've been trying to install games on the (D:) drive through the Xbox app but when I try to, it doesn't let me select it and defaults back to the (C:) drive. Does anyone know why it's doing this?...
  5. my game was install won't launch after windows update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my game was install won't launch after windows update: hello, I have problem with my game that I have install from steam after launch windows update. Before windows update, i play that game like normal. then after windows update, it can't launch. I...
  6. Game won't install, says it's "corrupt"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won't install, says it's "corrupt": A few days ago, Fortnite had an update. It kept saying "Installation stopped" when I tried to update it, which confused me. I decided to uninstall the game and delete the data knowing that it was...
  7. Gaming services won't install in microsoft store . What should i do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services won't install in microsoft store . What should i do?: I am on windows 11 and i have been trying to install xbox Gaming services in the microsoft store app and on the xbox app so i could download minecraft but it keeps giving me Error Code:...
  8. Xbox game pass on PC won't install Warhammer 40K: Darktide, stuck at 40%. Can't pause the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass on PC won't install Warhammer 40K: Darktide, stuck at 40%. Can't pause the...: I have seen this post regarding many games in general none coming to a resolution so i am hoping to get to one. I have updated Windows as of today 12 October 2023. I have updated Xbox app and...
  9. My Series S won't update Microsoft Store or install new games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S won't update Microsoft Store or install new games.: So i was having a glitch of not being able to update Microsoft Store, so I factory reset my console, first with keeping my games and apps, then, with delete everything but now I can't install...
  10. Game Installation Won't Go Past Certain Percentage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Installation Won't Go Past Certain Percentage: So I've spent the past few days trying to install NBA 2k24 Next Gen on my series s. However the download simply cannot go past 32.02 gb (19.8%) no matter what I do. I originally got the game...