SOLVED: Microsoft Store - This app or game requires more room than your drive has available.

Discus and support SOLVED: Microsoft Store - This app or game requires more room than your drive has available. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I recently purchased Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition for PC. I got the game from CDKeys as it was a lot cheaper. After I got my activation... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JS707, Feb 12, 2023.

1. JS707
    JS707 Guest

SOLVED: Microsoft Store - This app or game requires more room than your drive has available.

Hi all,

I recently purchased Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition for PC. I got the game from CDKeys as it was a lot cheaper.

After I got my activation key as you know, to download the game I had to login to my Microsoft account on Windows Store. I went on to redeem the game code after which I tried to download the game. Almost imediatelly I got an error saying "This app or game requires more room than your drive has available." and another something like "There was an error on our side, we'll keep trying.." something or other. I had a look online for a solution and I hound that I could change the storage of where all new content is downloaded and stored: Settings -> System -> Storage -> Change wehre new content is saved. I chose one of my drives that has 1TB of free space.

This DID NOT WORK as Windows is configured to use your system drive as a default so if you do not have enough space there you (or most people at least for some reason) will not be able to download a game and will see the above error messages. Even if you have enough space in you system drive most times you could still experience this issue.

Nothnig I tried online worked for me, from updating all apps on my PC to updating Windows to latest version and deleting cached folders for Windows Store and reinstalling it.

SOLUTION:

I decided to download the Xbox app from Windows Store and sing in. There I searched for my game hoping that Windows will recognise that I used the activation code and just let me install it, which is exactly what happened. The Xbox app lets you choose which drive you want the game to be installed on, Microsoft Store doesn't!

You might already know about this solution but I didn't and wasn't able to find any threads anywhere regarding this solution so I hope this helps you.

Happy gaming!

:)

JS707, Feb 12, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello JS707, thanks for share the solution.
  3. chrispy747 Win User

Forza Horizon 5 keeps uninstalling itself

Thanks for the reply. I see it in the Xbox app and when I press resume download, it says error. The error says "this app or game requires more room than your drive has available." I changed the download to my second drive which has 156GB available and same thing. I then tried it on my third drive which has 400GB available and it still says the same thing.
  4. 1JayMax Win User

Installation issue

Hi RANEESH RAHMAN,

Thank you for coming to the forums for help. As you mention the apps meet the system requirements can I assume that you are attempting install them on PC? If so I suggest signing out, closing the store, reopen the store and sign back in again to see if this
    solves the problem. Also, sometimes, not often but sometimes the system requirements that are met may be the minimum requirements rather the recommended ones in such case it may be a case of creating more space even though you may have more space available
    than is stated on the store.

I hope this helps
  5. andersonpassos Win User

Game I Bought Not Installing Or Downloading

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties installing your newly purchased game. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

Check if there are any updates available for the Microsoft Store app on your computer. To do this, open the Microsoft Store app, click on the three dots in the upper-right corner, and then click on "Downloads and updates." Click "Get updates" to check for any available updates and install them.

Try resetting the Microsoft Store app. Open the "Settings" app on your computer, then click on "Apps." Find "Microsoft Store" on the list of apps and click on it. Click on "Advanced options," then scroll down and click on "Reset." This will clear the app's cache and reset its settings.

Check if there is enough space on your hard drive to download and install the game. If your hard drive is full, you may need to delete some files to make room.

Try installing the game on a different computer, if you have access to one. If the game installs successfully on another computer, the issue may be related to your specific computer or internet connection.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

accessories

When you connect a compatible external storage drive, Xbox One will prompt you to format the drive and walk you through setting it up to store games and apps.

The basic requirements for storing games and apps on an external drive are:

Has capacity of 256 GB or more, and

Uses USB 3.0.

Devices that don’t meet these requirements will be treated as media storage, such as for music or video. If you have a storage device that does meet these requirements for game and app storage, you can cancel the format to use it as a media device.

If your console doesn’t recognize your external drive, see:

support.xbox.com/.../console-doesnt-detect-external-storage
Thema:

1. SOLVED: Microsoft Store - This app or game requires more room than your drive has available. - Similar Threads - SOLVED Microsoft Store

2. Help me, i dont know how solve this problem

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, i dont know how solve this problem: I recently changed my Xbox and was able to play the games smoothly, however I have a Minecraft world that I'm trying to play and a message appears saying "Your other Xbox console is taking a long...
  3. Has any that has incouter this error,solve it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Has any that has incouter this error,solve it?: I am just wondering has anyone been able to solve this unknown error or ever even look into the atter? 7615ef89-fba1-4459-b60f-3cafbabfa67f
  4. How to solve error code 0x8007000E which occurs when launching xbox app on pc after...

in XBoX on Windows
    How to solve error code 0x8007000E which occurs when launching xbox app on pc after...: I recently repurchased the gamepass ultimate subscription to play MLB The Show 24 with a friend, however when I tried to open the xbox app to install it, the app never launched. After some quick...
  5. series x and s accounts. Need help from Microsoft or anyone else how to solve this issue.

in XBoX Accessibility
    series x and s accounts. Need help from Microsoft or anyone else how to solve this issue.: My friends and I are unable to sgin into our Xbox series x and s accounts. We need help from Microsoft or anyone else. 073e8c44-da1d-4393-9e69-5c0b67e27e63
  6. Microsoft Solitaire Collection Daily Challenges 9/17/2023 TriPeaks (Easy) CAN'T BE SOLVED

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection Daily Challenges 9/17/2023 TriPeaks (Easy) CAN'T BE SOLVED: Microsoft Solitaire Collection Daily Challenges 9/17/2023 TriPeaks (Easy) CAN'T BE SOLVED. I have achieved perfect scores for the last two years. I have gone online, and other users have the same...
  7. How to solve "Multiplayer is disabled, please check Microsoft Account Settings" problem on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to solve "Multiplayer is disabled, please check Microsoft Account Settings" problem on...: Hello, my name is curtis and i'm 17 years old. Yesterday i tried launching minecraft (first time in a few months) but minecraft didn't let me play multiplayer mode because "Multiplayer is...
  8. How to solve 'You need to authenticate with microsoft services' error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to solve 'You need to authenticate with microsoft services' error: I am facing the error 'you need to authenticate to Microsoft services' but my friend can join the same server easily. How to solve this problem , pls helpe asap 107fd289-6aa5-4997-8c03-0195754bc39d
  9. Installed football manager 2023 from microsoft store and it wont start, How do I solve the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installed football manager 2023 from microsoft store and it wont start, How do I solve the...: I purchuased it using a code from cdkeys, my PC fits the requirements to run the game and I have tried many things to fix it including: 1. I updated my graphics driver 2. ran it as...
  10. May you help the solve problem which is related to opening Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    May you help the solve problem which is related to opening Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020?: Hello Madam/Sir, I hope all is well with you. I just updated my Nvidia Driver. After that, I could not open Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. May you help the solve this problem? Thank you for...