Solid red power light

Discus and support Solid red power light in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hi could you help. my console power light starts with green then turn to solid red I disconnected all wires and let it be there for 1 week. When... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Xbox chen, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Xbox chen
    Xbox chen Guest

Solid red power light

hi

could you help.

my console power light starts with green then turn to solid red

I disconnected all wires and let it be there for 1 week. When i restart it, the same issue

many thanks

chen

:)

Xbox chen, Sep 22, 2018
  2. Malacath
    Malacath Guest
    Power light turns solid red

I have read around the internet which suggests I have the red dot of death and some people have tried new power supplies and it hasn't helped.

The support pages need to be changed. Saying you need a new power supply when you probably don't is not a good idea especially if the console is not under warranty.

Oh well now I have to decide whether it's worth getting a new 360 or just hope at least most of my games become backwards compatible on my xbox one.

Malacath, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Malacath
    Malacath Guest
    Power light turns solid red

I found a troubleshooting page.

After following the troubleshooting it says to order new power supply.

But my console if 4 years old and out of warranty so how do I know it's really the power supply?

I don't want to spend money on a new power supply only to get the red light again.

So does anyone know if there is the possibility this troubleshooter is wrong and it's not my power supply?

Malacath, Sep 22, 2018
  4. SLB4EVERPT
    SLB4EVERPT Guest

Solid red power light

Please official xbox support, use the Phone or Microsoft Support Chat option at
    Contact Us | Xbox Support

For the details that you said could be a damaged power supply or the console is overheating. The better is asking directly official support so they can give you the right answer

SLB4EVERPT, Sep 23, 2018
  5. XBF Leonzo G
    XBF Leonzo G Guest
    Hello Xbox chen,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We need a few more details in order to ensure we provide the correct solution. Is the power light red completely or are there portions that are red? If there are portions that are red, how many red lights
    appear on the console? Our
    article list on our website
    will be able to assist with red power light issues. We just need to know how many lights are visible on the console in order to select the correct article from the list. Be sure to let us know the results!

XBF Leonzo G, Nov 3, 2018
  6. MoeZArts Win User

Xbox 360 e console and power supply has a color red light while it is on.

Hi Kai Que,

On the console, is it blinking or solid red light? A blinking red light on the power button means that your console doesn’t have enough ventilation. The red light will continue to blink until the console cools down. If solid red around the power button,
    it is possible that you will need to replace the console.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/console/power-button-blinks-red

On Power supply, flashing orange, solid red, or no light: Your power supply may need to be replaced. Try the following solutions:

1. Plug your console’s power supply into a different electrical outlet. Do not use a surge protector.
    2. If the power supply light is solid red or flashing orange, unplug the power supply and let it cool for 30 minutes. Then, plug the power supply back into the outlet.

If your power supply light is still flashing orange, solid red, or unlit, your power supply needs to be replaced. You can
    order a replacement Xbox 360 power supply from our Xbox Online Service Center. Console registration is required to replace the power supply under warranty (the power supply warranty
    is the same as your console warranty).
  7. XBF Leonzo G Win User

Solid red power light

Hello Xbox chen,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We need a few more details in order to ensure we provide the correct solution. Is the power light red completely or are there portions that are red? If there are portions that are red, how many red lights
    appear on the console? Our
    article list on our website
    will be able to assist with red power light issues. We just need to know how many lights are visible on the console in order to select the correct article from the list. Be sure to let us know the results!
  8. SLB4EVERPT Win User

Solid red power light

Please official xbox support, use the Phone or Microsoft Support Chat option at
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

For the details that you said could be a damaged power supply or the console is overheating. The better is asking directly official support so they can give you the right answer
  9. HassanB Win User

AC converter issue?

Yes, I understand that, that means that there is an issue with the power supply and it needs to be replaced.

Flashing orange, solid red, or no light: Your power supply may need to be replaced. Try the following solutions:

1. Try plugging your console’s power supply into a different electrical outlet. Do not use a surge protector.

2. If the power supply light is solid red or flashing orange, unplug the power supply and let it cool for 30 minutes. Then, plug the power supply back into the outlet.

If your power supply light is still flashing orange, solid red, or unlit, your power supply needs to be replaced.
  10. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Red dot of death on Xbox Slim

Hi there,

Are you referring to a blinking red light? That would indicate overheating or improper ventilation. See

here

Or are you receiving a solid red light or lights?
Thema:

Solid red power light

1. Solid red power light - Similar Threads - Solid red power

2. Solid red light on brand new power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Solid red light on brand new power brick: I Just bought a new power brick for my Xbox one, because my other one was fried out from a storm and lighting I know a red light means over heated but this is brand new never been used. How do I...
  3. Xbox one power brick solid red but blinking green

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power brick solid red but blinking green: I just bought a refurbished xbox one from gamestop, but the power brick was super noisy. Upon calling my local store, they recommended coming in and replacing the power brick with a new one. The...
  4. XBox 360 S Red Solid Light on Power Button

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 S Red Solid Light on Power Button: Hi. Our XBox 360 S does not turn on. Instead of the green solid light after pushing the power button, the green light turns to a solid red light. As it does not turn on apparently, no...
  5. XBox 360 S Solid Red Light on power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 S Solid Red Light on power button: When I attempt to turn on my Xbox 360 S, the green light in the middle of the power button almost immediately turns from green to red, and nothing appears on the TV screen. At first, I thought it...
  6. Troubleshooting glitching then error code E82 and solid red power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Troubleshooting glitching then error code E82 and solid red power button: Troubleshooting glitching then error code E82 and solid red power button We were all playing Xbox Kinect 360 just fine last night and today.... then all of a sudden in the middle of playing it...
  7. XBox 360E Solid red light on power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360E Solid red light on power button: Hello, As soon as i turn my xbox on, the power button turns from green to red. I have no hard disk and i have removed all cables, still I see this issue. Any suggestions on the fix please?...
  8. Solid red light on power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Solid red light on power button: I have a problem with a solid red power button on my Xbox 360 slim console and I already replaced my powersupply unit but still a red power button what can be the problem and what can I do, please...
  9. Power light turns solid red

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power light turns solid red: While playing my console froze and the green power light turned solid red. I have the 360S console and have tried searching this website but I can't find the meaning of the solid red light. I've...
  10. Solid Red Light on power button after attempt to update 1/25/15.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Solid Red Light on power button after attempt to update 1/25/15.: I took my Star Wars Xbox 360 Edition out of the box last night after it was in storage for about a year. I set it up and thought of just by passing the update for now. I start to play a game and...