Software update to support two factor authentication?

Discus and support Software update to support two factor authentication? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It's available for the Xbox One, and there's a lot of us who won't be moving there soon. Needing a new app password each time the terms of use changes... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tijuba, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Tijuba
    Tijuba Guest

It's available for the Xbox One, and there's a lot of us who won't be moving there soon. Needing a new app password each time the terms of use changes is a little ridiculous, and maintaining 4 kids accounts can be a multi hour process when the random "disappearing
    remembered credentials" stuff happens.

:)

Tijuba, Jan 31, 2014
  2. Jacyintha
    Jacyintha Guest
    Can't sign in to my own account, not a problem on my end, please fix this.

Since you can log in everywhere but you're console, it sounds like Two-Step Authentication was automatically turned on with Microsoft's last security update.

~

TSA tells the system to use a special password for non-website logins (Xbox, Windows Phone, Zune software, downloaded Skydrive software, etc). While a great method of security, it's not for everybody.

~

Major Nelson's blog post from early May includes the information on creating an App Password, but also shows on the page where to turn it off if you don't want to use it:

majornelson.com/.../using-microsoft-two-factor-authentication-with-your-xbox-live-account

Jacyintha, Jan 31, 2014
  3. Freeker47
    Freeker47 Guest
    Two Factor Authentication.

Good question! I'm interested in that too!

Freeker47, Jan 31, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: