Software Update not working and shutting down Xbox One

Discus and support Software Update not working and shutting down Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox one is saying there needs to be a software update so when I start the update it all looks like it is happening ok, but it say that the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ben Hallett, Sep 23, 2023.

1. Ben Hallett
    Ben Hallett Guest

My Xbox one is saying there needs to be a software update so when I start the update it all looks like it is happening ok, but it say that the Xbox will restart on software update, but it turns off during the update and will not restart without unplugging everything and then we're back to square one with a software update required still. Why is this happening & how do I resolve?

:)

Ben Hallett, Sep 23, 2023
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Ben, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

It would be recommended that you try performing an offline update of the console to see if this way the console updates without problems.

You can find detailed instructions on how to perform this process in the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update

Please keep in mind that you'll need a USB flash drive with a minimum 6 GB of space formatted as NTFS.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.
  3. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Hello, not sure how to really help. My xbox recently went through an update. IT would shut off but never restart as it should. So I was basically in a loop for 2 days until it finally just did right. Just keep trying hopefully it will do right :/
  4. Ice DjKilla Win User

Re; Tamriel online, please tell me why my console shuts

Try reinstalling updats manually using a USB drive, it may fix software issues with your Xbox causing it to shut down by itself.
  5. John James Cummings Win User

My xbox one randomly restarts itself for no reason?!?

My Xbox one is shutting down randomly and going from YouTube to a game, I've reset it keeping account as suggested still happening.

You'd think fault logs would be generated if it's software and an update applied.
  6. RayBradshaw Win User

My Xbox one did not turn on

I have two Xbox One S systems that have both randomly turned off today. One of them had to be restarted three times. I blew one of them out with a can of air duster and it helped, but we still had a shut down afterwards. At one point it was shutting
    down in the green screen startup. The fact that two different consoles are experiencing similar issues points to yesterdays software update.
Thema:

1. Software Update not working and shutting down Xbox One - Similar Threads - Software Update working

2. Terrible stick drift after software update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Terrible stick drift after software update: I just bought a Xbox Series X 3 days ago had no problems playing 10+ hours. After the controller update right analog stick started drifting upwards every minute or so without any input. How can i...
  3. My xbox one doesn't turn back on in the restart phase of the software update. How do I fix...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one doesn't turn back on in the restart phase of the software update. How do I fix...: It's one of those normal software/system updates where you have to do the update to be able to connect to a network again. There is a progress bar at the bottom of the screen divided into 3 parts....
  4. After software update no video displays

in XBoX on Consoles
    After software update no video displays: After software update no video displays. Replaced hdmi cable, tried a different working hdmi port on the tv, and tried starting in low resolution mode. Nothing works. Xbox light comes on, o video...
  5. Can the xbox series X/S and elite series polling rate be unlocked via software update? Can...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the xbox series X/S and elite series polling rate be unlocked via software update? Can...: This thread is about the lock on xbox controller polling rate. I have tested and noticed that the lowest latencies I get on a xbox controller is 3-4ms vs 0.80-1ms from PS5 controllers and PC. On a...
  6. Xbox series x is software update issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x is software update issue: xbox series x the new black console is stuck doing a system update I'm frozen out of opening or pressing anything while its trying to do this so I can't go setting or anything like that I tried...
  7. Xbox cant load game after doing a software update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox cant load game after doing a software update: Having a bug this morning where i got an xbox update while playing a game, i installed it fully and when i finally finished it i went to load my game back up but it keeps crashing with no error...
  8. Latest system update corrupted my system software

in XboX Insiders
    Latest system update corrupted my system software: Ever since the September system update my console has been completely corrupted. System won't start up till hours later and when it does it either freezes or all apps and games you try to start...
  9. Xbox Home screen Idea for next software update:)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Home screen Idea for next software update:): Make an option in the settings where you can change your home screen between the older generations of Xbox home screens. I miss the Xbox 360 start up and home screen. submitted by...
  10. Xbox Series X System Software Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X System Software Update: My Xbox Series X was updating and when it was at 90% seen in the link below, I held the Home Xbox button and it brought me back to the dashboard. At this point, I have no idea if the system...