Software bug in XBOX Game Bar

Discus and support Software bug in XBOX Game Bar in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to begin by saying this is a software glitch and not user error or unique to my setup. There are many many many posts about this issue on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JeffreySchulman2, Oct 16, 2023.

1. Software bug in XBOX Game Bar

I would like to begin by saying this is a software glitch and not user error or unique to my setup. There are many many many posts about this issue on here but the moderators have all thought it was a setup error, it is not, it is a software bug. Perhaps the other users didn't describe the problem well enough, so I'll try my best to. PLEASE FORWARD THIS to the development team.

Inside the XBOX Game Bar settings there is a section called "Capturing" and inside of that there is a section called "Audio To Record"

There are 3 options.

Game (Game + Enabled Mic)

All (Game + Enabled Mic + Apps + System)

None (Disables all audio recording)

The first one works correctly. The second one does not.

When the first option "Game" is selected, it correctly starts each video recording with the "Enabled Mic" like its description says it does.

But when the second option "All" is selected, it starts each video recording with a DISABLED Mic, which is contrary to its description.

Simple as that. Both options say "Enabled Mic" in their descriptions. The first one does it, the second one does not. Selecting the "All" option adds Apps and System sounds but then incorrectly begins each recording with the microphone disabled (and the mic icon reflects this by showing a slash over it)

So this forces the user to have to click on the mic icon to manually enable it every time you start a new recording.

It's not the end of the world, but its annoying because it's an extra step we have to take each time.

Just try this to see what I'm talking about.

Set "Audio To Record" to "Game" and then begin a new capture. The mic icon in the capture status box will be normal and the mic audio will get recorded.

Now set "Audio To Record" to "All" and begin a new capture. You'll notice the recording starts the mic icon that has a slash over it to indicate that it's disabled and you have to click on that icon to manually enable it each time you start a new capture.

It seems like a minor coding error that shouldn't be too difficult to fix since the first option works fine.

:)

JeffreySchulman2, Oct 16, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello JeffreySchulman2, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I understand that you are experiencing an issue with the XBOX Game Bar's "Audio To Record" feature. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. To help us resolve this issue, we ask that you report your case to Xbox Feedback. Xbox Feedback is a platform where you can share your feedback and suggestions with the Xbox development team. By reporting your case to Xbox Feedback, you'll help us identify and fix the problem as quickly as possible.

You may report this via Console, Windows Feedback on the Web. Please see: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support
  3. Theisemil96nielsen Win User

Software bugs

My xbox series x is crashing when playing Anny game is started op it freezes after 2 minutes and shuts down can you tell when there will be a fix update for this best regards theis
  4. DANNY BOYHENSHAW Win User

Software bugs

Hi my games keep on crashin on gamepass ultimate i have been intouch about this a few times could someone reply or call me please
  5. DANNY BOYHENSHAW Win User

Software bugs

Hi its a xbox one the games that crash are quantum break wasteland3 and now gears tactics
  6. Shaggy2000 Win User

Software bugs

One piece of advice, when asking a question to do with games or consoles, give as much information as possible, heck giving too much information is better than not enough.

Ill tell you why this is, you have told us you are experiencing crash, but you didn't tell us:

1: What console

2: What game

3: What sort of crash

Without this information, nobody at all can help you.
Thema:

1. Software bug in XBOX Game Bar - Similar Threads - Software bug Game

2. Xbox Software Crashing Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Software Crashing Issue: I'm having problems running the XBOX APP, the software logs in and browses normally but after a while it gets stuck, unresponsive and then flashes back. Tried a lot of things on the internet with...
  3. Terrible stick drift after software update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Terrible stick drift after software update: I just bought a Xbox Series X 3 days ago had no problems playing 10+ hours. After the controller update right analog stick started drifting upwards every minute or so without any input. How can i...
  4. Get To Know Our Team: Chad - Senior Software Engineer

in XboX Insiders
    Get To Know Our Team: Chad - Senior Software Engineer: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  5. Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...: Questions to xbox team and fans! My understanding I bought used xbox one x, I was thought if I found how to be overclock or other softwares xbox one x to be able near as series x? What demand be...
  6. I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...

in XBoX on Windows
    I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...: I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly installed on Xbox went fine then when restarted it came up with a screen to put letters in the app to connect...
  7. Is there a software solution that can verify if a disc works?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a software solution that can verify if a disc works?: I purchased a used Xbox game for the original Xbox off of eBay. The game arrived today but it looks like it popped off the spindle in the case and scratched the read side. The scratches are not...
  8. Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software

in XboX Insiders
    Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software: I understand the reason why your standard Xbox controller and the Xbox accessories app won't let you remap the triggers. Because certain games will be deemed either too easy or unwinnable if the...
  9. clipping software problem on fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    clipping software problem on fortnite: hi so i’ve been having this issue for a little while. everytime i press the record button to record a clip my controller disconnects for about 5-20 seconds. this controller is brand new and didn’t...
  10. Elite series 2 software bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 software bug: Issue started this morning . Turned xbox on, loaded into a game and my controller was being really weird. Some buttons wouldn't work or be extremely delayed. So I go into the accessory app to test...