Social Tab not appearing in Xbox Game Bar

Discus and support Social Tab not appearing in Xbox Game Bar in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I've used Xbox Game Bar many of times in the past to join Xbox parties and send messages, however today when I loaded up Xbox Game Bar to do just that,... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by 6̶̜̲̭͖͆͗̉6̷͔̱͔̈́̈̋͗̓͝6̴͗̑͊, Mar 9, 2024.

1. Social Tab not appearing in Xbox Game Bar

I've used Xbox Game Bar many of times in the past to join Xbox parties and send messages, however today when I loaded up Xbox Game Bar to do just that, the Xbox Social tab had just simply vanished from the game bar. I was looking for an answer online, and found someone who had the exact same issue less than a week ago, but that thread got closed and its unclear if the issue was ever resolved. Support gave some tips to which I tried to no avail.

I'm on Windows 10 Home, and here's what I've tried:

1. I have no pending system updates
    2. I've reinstalled Xbox Game Bar
    3. I've made sure that Xbox Game Bar is enabled in Settings>Gaming>Game Bar
    4. I've tried to repair/reset the Game Bar by going to Settings>Apps>Apps & Features, but when searching for "Xbox Game Bar", the only thing that comes up is Xbox Companion, which has been long discontinued and to my knowledge is NOT the same thing as Xbox Game Bar.
    5. I've opened Registry Editor, and navigated to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR - The "AppCaptureEnabled" key IS there, and the Microsoft Agent who replied to the previously mentioned post did not say to do anything if the key is there, and only left instructions for if It's not.
    6. I've tried to repair the ieframe.dll file in command prompt. every sfc command came back as "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."
    7. When trying to open gpedit.msc with Win+R, I just get an error box that says "Windows cannot find 'gpedit.msc'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

EDIT: After Posting this, I did manage to find the settings for Xbox Game Bar, and tried both Repair and Reset, neither of which have solved the issue, even after restarting my PC

:)

6̶̜̲̭͖͆͗̉6̷͔̱͔̈́̈̋͗̓͝6̴͗̑͊, Mar 9, 2024
  2. BOS Nuka Knight Win User

Can I add friends from Windows PC to my Xbox account? We want to Cross Platform Play

Hello Rosariaodf,

To add Friends thru xbox press the xbox button to bring up the guide. Tab over to the Friends tab and at the bottom will be a “Find Someone”. Enter your PC xbox gamertag, must match exactly, select the profile and add friend.

To add a friend using Gamebar on Pc here is a link that gives you the steps to do so.

Happy gaming!
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Xbox Game Bar social tab (friends list) not working

Hello BJ_551,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. Brad Hiatt Win User

Xbox Game Bar has unfortunately been an afterthought for years. I still have issues with it not showing the correct status (the game I'm playing), I don't think they will ever actually fix that.
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Hello BJ_551,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, your Xbox game bar in your Windows PC is not working. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

It is possible that your Windows is outdated or there are applications that are corrupted or needs an update. Let us perform some troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue.

For the meantime, here are the troubleshooting steps that we can perform.

1. Make sure Windows is up to date.

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available
    including optional updates for your device.

• Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    2. Make sure Xbox app is up to date.

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select Library.
    • Under Updates & downloads, check if there is any updates available for the Xbox app. If an update is available, select Update.
    3. Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

> To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

4. Uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    • In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    • In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Restart your device and try to install the game again.

For your reference, see: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

6. DeniqL Win User

How can I enable Discord on my teenage son's Xbox X?

What is appearing when you go into the linked social accounts tab ?
    Press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide.
    Go to Profile & system > Settings > Account > Linked social accounts.
Thema:

Social Tab not appearing in Xbox Game Bar

1. Social Tab not appearing in Xbox Game Bar - Similar Threads - Social Tab appearing

2. Has anyone come across the issue of the xbox app and xbox social in game bar just refusing...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Has anyone come across the issue of the xbox app and xbox social in game bar just refusing...: I open game bar and go to xbox social, but 10 seconds after opening xbox social I get something went wrong with this widget errors. Also the xbox app does not connect to any parties I try to start...
  3. Xbox app not loading and xbox game bar social tab not loading continue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox app not loading and xbox game bar social tab not loading continue: I made a post a while ago and i wasnt able to get back to it until recently I said this: I have had this issue for a while now. Whenever I try to open the xbox app, i am left with the black...
  4. Xbox Game Bar is missing the Social tab

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar is missing the Social tab: I quite often use Xbox Game Bar to hop into parties with my Xbox friends while on PC, Today randomly, I tried to look at my friends that were online via Game Bar and the Social tab didn't exist. I...
  5. Xbox Game Bar social tab (friends list) not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar social tab (friends list) not working: 4 days a week for well over year I play Halo: MCC with my friends. I play on PC and they play on Xbox console. I have used to Xbox game bar app along with my Xbox account to use the party chat...
  6. Concept For New "Social" Tab in the guide

in XboX Insiders
    Concept For New "Social" Tab in the guide: In the newly redesigned UI, I think we should combine the 'People' and 'Parties & Chats' tabs into one. In this new 'Social' tab, it would go (listed): Friends Start a party Chats Happening now...
  7. Xbox activity feed missing? Social tab?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox activity feed missing? Social tab?: Am i missing something or is there no way to see an activity feed of all my friends shares and posts? Currently i have to view the profile of each of my friends manually to see their activity...
  8. Where is a 'SOCIAL' tab? Xbox Community is not what I'm looking for.

in XboX Insiders
    Where is a 'SOCIAL' tab? Xbox Community is not what I'm looking for.: Where can I see a console version of the "Activity Feed"? Currently I dont see anything like it. submitted by /u/TheNUTRONIC [link] [comments]
  9. Comments and likes of captures/clips under "Social" tab are not tied anymore to the same...

in XboX Insiders
    Comments and likes of captures/clips under "Social" tab are not tied anymore to the same...: Not only happening in my profile, but in everyone else. It's even possible to delete something from "Social" feed and it will not disappear from "Watch" list. Why these contents are now...
  10. Xbox 360 freezes on social tab

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 freezes on social tab: Im having a similar issue as the person in This thread I tried the two suggestions given but they did not work and the thread just ends. Is there anything else I can try to fix this problem? The...