So where's the good news?

Discus and support So where's the good news? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I know what you're talking about. Sony seem to be trying really hard to stir up negative publicity for the XBox ONE. Yahoo's homepage has an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lofty Who, Feb 8, 2014.

  1. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest

    So where's the good news?


    I know what you're talking about.



    Sony seem to be trying really hard to stir up negative publicity for the XBox ONE.



    Yahoo's homepage has an article saying people are losing confidence because they were giving people $100.00 if they traded in a PS 3 to upgrade to a ONE. The story conveninetly leaves out that they were also paying people $100.00 to trade in their XBox
    360 and that the ONE outsold the PS 4 in the USA in December.



    Metro.co.uk made a big deal of the PS 4 version of "Tomb Raider: The Definative Edition" outselling the ONE version at a ratio of nearly 2 - 1, conveniently omitting that apart from "Killzone"there ain't that much Next Gen stuff to play on a PS 4.



    IGN are running a story that ever since the first Map Pack release, "COD: Ghosts" on the XBox ONE (and nowhere else) is experiencing stuttering and a frame rate drop. News to me. I've been playing all afternoon without a hitch.



    Until they get some more games out though I guess you can't blame them for trying.



    Az
     
    Azrael008uk, Feb 8, 2014
    #16
  2. The Xbox is back to being the underground console of choice. Over time XB1 will make great strides and attract more gamers to adopt the true next Gen console.
     
    CollapseControl, Feb 8, 2014
    #17
  3. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    The good news is that they made a new console in the first place. They certainly didn't have to. There is great news every day. New games, new updates. The bad news is that there are still threads like this.
     
    DuFFuL, Feb 8, 2014
    #18
  4. So where's the good news?

    I read a lot of bad news too. Most of it here because I've been coming here for info for years, but I'm seeing a lot of negative in other places too. If YOU are happy, that's all that really matters to you. right?
     
    BizarroMantis, Feb 8, 2014
    #19
  5. You keeping saying PR, Fire the PR team.

    Just so you know the PR team as your calling it has little control over what people say about xbox. Wether it's right or wrong, and until social media slows down that my friend just is not going too happen.

    So until then enjoy all the biased opinions you keep reading that have little fact too fiction.

    Oh btw here is some great news! The X1 released and made profit yay xbox has a future! Hopefully one that does not succumb too how fast people forget about things now a days. I mean it's been under three months and some people can't even remember how many
    territories these machines released in.
     
    Listed mia 510, Feb 8, 2014
    #20
  6. Wiggs
    Wiggs Guest
    [quote user="Azrael008uk"]

    I know what you're talking about.



    Sony seem to be trying really hard to stir up negative publicity for the XBox ONE.



    Yahoo's homepage has an article saying people are losing confidence because they were giving people $100.00 if they traded in a PS 3 to upgrade to a ONE. The story conveninetly leaves out that they were also paying people $100.00 to trade in their XBox
    360 and that the ONE outsold the PS 4 in the USA in December.



    Metro.co.uk made a big deal of the PS 4 version of "Tomb Raider: The Definative Edition" outselling the ONE version at a ratio of nearly 2 - 1, conveniently omitting that apart from "Killzone"there ain't that much Next Gen stuff to play on a PS 4.



    IGN are running a story that ever since the first Map Pack release, "COD: Ghosts" on the XBox ONE (and nowhere else) is experiencing stuttering and a frame rate drop. News to me. I've been playing all afternoon without a hitch.



    Until they get some more games out though I guess you can't blame them for trying.



    Az

    [/quote]This is all assumptions, theories and opinions....and lies.

    .

    I'm sure Sword Style will think I'm trolling...gotta role out the daily "PS4 fanboy troll!!!" whenever possible.
     
    Wiggs, Feb 8, 2014
    #21
  7. Burst Axe
    Burst Axe Guest
    @ICN3D At least the first two points aren't wrong.
     
    Burst Axe, Feb 8, 2014
    #22
  8. Wiggs
    Wiggs Guest

    So where's the good news?

    [quote user="Burst Axe"]

    @ICN3D At least the first two points aren't wrong.

    [/quote]He's implying that Sony is paying off everyone on the internet to pump up the PS4 and hate on the X1.

    .

    If you believe any of what he said....I feel sorry for you. But guess what...even if it is true...MS does the same:



    .

    There ya go. But I'm quite sure that MS is the best and theres a reason why this is ok but your point is not.

    .

    Stupid fanboys.
     
    Wiggs, Feb 8, 2014
    #23
  9. Wiggs
    Wiggs Guest
    Sigh...someone hyper link that....so it can be shown.

    .

    This stupid forum...I have no idea why have the video links that go up don't show the video.
     
    Wiggs, Feb 8, 2014
    #24
  10. Wiggs
    Wiggs Guest
    [View:]
     
    Wiggs, Feb 8, 2014
    #25
  11. ButchB76
    ButchB76 Guest
    [quote user="Listed mia 510"]

    You keeping saying PR, Fire the PR team.

    Just so you know the PR team as your calling it has little control over what people say about xbox. Wether it's right or wrong, and until social media slows down that my friend just is not going too happen.

    So until then enjoy all the biased opinions you keep reading that have little fact too fiction.

    Oh btw here is some great news! The X1 released and made profit yay xbox has a future! Hopefully one that does not succumb too how fast people forget about things now a days. I mean it's been under three months and some people can't even remember how many
    territories these machines released in.

    [/quote]

    'keep saying' would infer that I said it more then once, which is inaccurate

    Also, saying PR has little control over what people say is wildly inaccurate. PR essentially feeds information to the public.

    "The aim of public relations by a company often is to persuade the public, investors, partners, employees, and other stakeholders to maintain a certain point of view about it, its leadership, products, or of political decisions" - thats PR, in a nutshell.
    I can't imagine anyone, fan or otherwise, would be pleased with the job the PR group is doing.

    I'm not exactly sure where your comment about 'succumb too how fast people forget about things now a days. I mean it's been under three months and some people can't even remember how many territories these machines released in.' fits in what was posted
    about, at all. I'm not 'forgetting' anything, just pointing out that, everywhere I looked online is bad press about the X1, glowing press about the competition; why? It dosent add up.
     
    ButchB76, Feb 8, 2014
    #26
  12. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest
    @OP.....do you look at the source link for this "bad press"?? You act like MS sends out press releases that put down their own product....you are seeing opinion pieces and flamebait articles and assume that MS is releasing that drivel?? Come on man, ever
    since 2013 E3 there has been a huge obvious hate wagon towards the xbox one. The gamer press is just riding that train to encourage "hits", that is how they make money. Of course, MS could buy off all the press (as mentioned above), would that make you feel
    better??
     
    Burnin TODI, Feb 8, 2014
    #27
  13. So where's the good news?

    Lol so your implying IGN, Game Informer, and all these other gaming industry news outlets are ran by MS "PR"?

    Oh and by the way... Yes PR has very little control of what people say!

    Here is a good description of what "PR" is in place for and their duties!

    The purpose is to create understanding with public and product, place, idea and so on. To do that public relations practitioners must involve their precious time with marketing people to create and guide a campaign directing the importance and the information
    that the public will need to believe in it. The objective need to be understandable and very confident, to fulfil the trust that public is looking for. Because it is not a matter of selling campaign, the role is more structural to bring confidence from the
    reader to the informer.
     
    Listed mia 510, Feb 8, 2014
    #28
  14. Oh and my second point to twisted for you to comprehend was simple you stated and I Quote

    •"I leave your attempt too bypass the language filter out of this quote. We already know the mods don't like me. So I'm sure I would still catch a few bad days for it"

    Ehhhh emm on with the quoting.

    •"OP"- everywhere I looked online is bad press about the X1, glowing press about the competition; why? It dosent add up.

    Listed-Of course it doesn't. Because social media has confused you to the point you believe in Non published non edited and invalid evidence.



    Oh and...

    Fire MS's marketing team maybe? lol

    The PR dept needs to step it up.

    Ok so less times then I felt I read but still has nothing to do with bad press.

    If anything sony has spent their last paying off news outlets too help them in their release!!!
     
    Listed mia 510, Feb 8, 2014
    #29
  15. Triple post heh...

    Btw Xbox Devision "PR" did an amazing job as this is the best console release in their history. Lol
     
    Listed mia 510, Feb 8, 2014
    #30
Thema:

So where's the good news?

Loading...
  1. So where's the good news? - Similar Threads - where's news

  2. Where are the updates for beta and delta?

    in XboX Insiders
    Where are the updates for beta and delta?: Alpha and alpha skip ahead has been getting alot of updates and i havent seen beta or delta got an update once. 12 days since delta was last updated and patch notes on reddit While beta hasn't...
  3. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  4. Where is the 360 Game Hub update for the beta ring?

    in XboX Insiders
    Where is the 360 Game Hub update for the beta ring?: It has been stuck without updates since July 1st. When will it arrive? submitted by /u/LordKobeeruZ [link] [comments]
  5. Insider Hub, -Rushes. Where & How To Report Issues & Bugs.

    in XboX Insiders
    Insider Hub, -Rushes. Where & How To Report Issues & Bugs.: Hello, I have been recently trying out the story’s they have under the (Rushes) application in the Insiders Hub. When I get to the second part of the story’s I loose sound and audio. But the texts...
  6. Seems like Insiders is dead. Where’s all the betas?

    in XboX Insiders
    Seems like Insiders is dead. Where’s all the betas?: Pillars of eternity has a turn based mode beta for the last few months and it’s not available. Barely anything is added or updated at all over the last six months. I sincerely wish Microsoft would...
  7. For the past few days, I've been having a problem where Xbox Party Audio on my Series X...

    in XboX Insiders
    For the past few days, I've been having a problem where Xbox Party Audio on my Series X...: For the past few days, I've been having a problem where Xbox Party Audio on my Series X sounds very robotic. I've already tried a different headset, but unfortunately, that didn't help. This...
  8. I don't know where else to ask so here goes

    in XboX Insiders
    I don't know where else to ask so here goes: Currently i don't have a working phone number. I have enough reward points for a month of GamePass but I can't redeem them without a phone. I'm laid up for the next couple weeks and would like...
  9. Why after the recent update on Xbox one, where my game from CD gone from the console and,...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Why after the recent update on Xbox one, where my game from CD gone from the console and,...: After updating my Xbox one to play a game from CD, I found that the console wasn't reading or even attempting to read the disc inserted. I thought that it just wasn't opening the CD at first but...
  10. Per your news post: Where is FOOD 2? And, where is "see all collections" that I am to click ...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Per your news post: Where is FOOD 2? And, where is "see all collections" that I am to click ...: This is the news that you sent: January 3, 2017 There is a new Microsoft Jigsaw collection available that is sure to make your mouth water! This week we released Microsoft Jigsaw: Food 2! This...