So updates ever affect game performance?

Discus and support So updates ever affect game performance? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; EDIT: Do, not So in the title Many times the release notes say ' bug fixes and performance improvements.' If you analyzed a game's framerate,... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/AppointmentStill, Jul 9, 2023.

1. So updates ever affect game performance?

EDIT: Do, not So in the title

Many times the release notes say ' bug fixes and performance improvements.' If you analyzed a game's framerate, resolution, etc. Digital Foundry style on separate OS builds (or on separate kernels - like a year apart) would there be any differences?

Or are these fixes and improvements solely related to dashboard and other outside-of-game scenarios?

submitted by /u/AppointmentStill
    [link] [comments]

/u/AppointmentStill, Jul 9, 2023
  2. Puppy Fujo Win User

December Update stuck on Applying Update at 66%

Game updates and console updates are completely independant and one cannot affect the other. They are not even located on the same part of the hard drive. It is merely a coincidence that they happened around the same time. Game updates are done by the
    game developer whereas console updates are performed by Microsoft.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator suddenly slow

Given that you're going on ultra settings, what kind of hard drive do you have? The game was updated a few days ago, so I would check your graphic settings to see if new features were enabled that might affect performance
  4. XBF Lance J Win User

Forza Horizon 4 and other Microsoft apps audio not working in Laptop Speakers but works through HDMI output

Hey Rikudou Leon,

Thank you for reaching out. We understand you have been experiencing some audio issues ever since you updated your NVIDIA drivers and seem to only affect Microsoft apps and games. You mentioned having already installing the latest audio drivers across the
    board, so go ahead and make sure your MS apps are up to date as well. You can do so by following our

Check Updates for Apps
    page. Additionally, since you started experiencing performance and visual problems after updating, try reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers. Be sure to let us know how it goes! :D
  5. Will Coates Win User

Game crashing on launch

Hi

This affecting forza motorsport ever since update 3 released for it nearly a week ago
  6. Jayhab4real Win User

Slow downloading on Xbox One X despite good download speeds

Are all downloads affected? What you're downloading can affect the speed, if for example, you're trying to download a really popular/new update. Servers can only handle a finite number if connections before their performance drops.
Thema:

So updates ever affect game performance?

1. So updates ever affect game performance? - Similar Threads - updates ever affect

2. Ever since i updated my controllier ive had no voice chat can hear games but no chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ever since i updated my controllier ive had no voice chat can hear games but no chat: I updated my controllier and now cant talk in games or hear people can hear game and in messages can send. Voice message but i can hear it but who i send it to can thn i cannot hear reply...
  3. Worst update I’ve ever experienced.

in XboX Insiders
    Worst update I’ve ever experienced.: So many issues and no matter how much you report them they never get fixed. Just a huge focus on useless cloud gaming features that core features like party chat are left broken for months. It’s...
  4. Ever since updating Microsoft Word Games, about two weeks ago, It takes forever for it to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ever since updating Microsoft Word Games, about two weeks ago, It takes forever for it to...: Ever since updating Microsoft Word Games, about two weeks ago, It takes forever for it to open. This morning it keeps closing out on its own. I think I'm done with MUWG....
  5. Xbox Hasn't Updated Winners From Their Stream So Will They Ever?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Hasn't Updated Winners From Their Stream So Will They Ever?: Xbox had a Saw X Event where they gave away prizes and I was one of the winners. I was told there would be a follow-up and that was the 27th of September. Was wondering when that follow-up was...
  6. Will the xbox devs ever send an update to be able to run 1440p @120hz through hdmi 2.0 ports ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will the xbox devs ever send an update to be able to run 1440p @120hz through hdmi 2.0 ports ?: Hdmi 2.0 ports are fully capable of supporting this framerate, but neither the Series X nor S supports this on a 1440p 120 hz monitor that has an Hdmi 2.0 port. The settings says that the monitor...
  7. Ever since the recent Windows update, i am constantly getting crashes while gaming.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ever since the recent Windows update, i am constantly getting crashes while gaming.: I installed the recent Windows Update. I now notice that whichever game I play is crashing after some time. My drivers are up to date, nothing is corrupted. What should I do next? Specs 3050 i5...
  8. Ever since i updated my controllers i cannot use my controller to play on gamepass cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ever since i updated my controllers i cannot use my controller to play on gamepass cloud gaming: Whenever the game starts i get this prompt.. ive updated my controllers as well so im not sure why i cannot play 9f6d00e2-f1cd-47e2-a9d2-b172f41f5fc5
  9. Is the Blu-Ray app in the Xbox one and series consoles ever getting updated.

in XboX Insiders
    Is the Blu-Ray app in the Xbox one and series consoles ever getting updated.: Today i went to play one of many BC games on my Series X but the app keeps showing error code 0x91d7000. I’m looking online this has been a issue for years, WTF is this getting an update ever?!...
  10. I want to know why this status thing isn't working properly ever since I updated discord?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to know why this status thing isn't working properly ever since I updated discord?: [img] Used to work fine, but now? Nope. I want answers. I tried logging in and out, both via the app and on and desktop. Nothing has been fixed. I also wanna know why on Twitch, whenever I...