So this happen when I try to launch xbox app on pc "error code 0x80040904 occurs"

Discus and support So this happen when I try to launch xbox app on pc "error code 0x80040904 occurs" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So this happen when I try to launch xbox app on pc "error code 0x80040904 occurs" d44c9a02-1ca4-4a41-8b79-db1a846cf242 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GHOST_1ST, Dec 16, 2023.

1. GHOST_1ST
    GHOST_1ST Guest

So this happen when I try to launch xbox app on pc "error code 0x80040904 occurs"

:)

GHOST_1ST, Dec 16, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're experiencing an error code 0x80040904 when trying to launch the Xbox app on your PC. This error code usually indicates that there is an issue with the Xbox app's installation or configuration.

For this issue, you can try the following steps:

Check for updates:

• Make sure that your Windows operating system is up to date. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click on Check for updates.
    • Restart your PC and try launching the Xbox app again.

Reset the Xbox app:

• Press the Windows key + I to open Settings, then click on Apps.
    • Find the Xbox app and click on Advanced options. Scroll down and click on Reset.
    • Launch Xbox app to see if issue happens.

Reset the Microsoft Store:

• Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type wsreset.exe and press Enter. This will reset the Microsoft Store cache.

Lastly, try to use the Gaming Services Repair Tool - please see guide here: Gaming Services Repair Tool for PC | Xbox Support

If none of these steps work, please let us know the following:

1. Are you part of Xbox Insider or PC Insider?
    2. Have you tried connecting to a different network?
    3. Can we ask for a screenshot of the issue you are having? Please conceal your personal information like gamertag and email address.

Let us know how it went.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. AyeeJamesy Win User

Digital Games Not Opening

Error 0x80070005 occurs when you launch a game or app on Xbox One

You see the following error code when you try to launch a game or app on your Xbox One console:

• 0x80070005

This means that there might be a problem with the Xbox Live service, or that there’s an issue with the item you’re trying to launch.
  5. NeumaticEarth Win User

MahJong 'Currently not available on your account'

This specific error code occurs when you launch a game or an app on your Xbox. Here is a link to the error code: Error code 0x803f8001

Please try all of the solutions and see if that helps.
  6. supermm Win User

Xbox one S digital won’t complete install update

Error 800705b4 occurs when an Xbox app fails to launch after an update

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/errors/error-code-800705b4
Thema:

1. So this happen when I try to launch xbox app on pc "error code 0x80040904 occurs" - Similar Threads - happen try launch

2. i keep getting an error "oops. not sure what happened there. Please try again later' when...

in XBoX on Windows
    i keep getting an error "oops. not sure what happened there. Please try again later' when...: i keep getting an error "oops. not sure what happened there. Please try again later' when trying to purchase vc on nba 2k24 aa5e9bf4-c75d-42b9-903c-f2e207433285
  3. Whenever I try to download a game this error happens and for games that i have already...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whenever I try to download a game this error happens and for games that i have already...: Error 0x80070005 for when i try download (For Celeste and Forza Horizon 4 but im pretty sure this is also a universal) and "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not...
  4. Why does this happen when trying to stream on twitch from xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does this happen when trying to stream on twitch from xbox?: every time I click the “start your stream” button it prompts me to “Link your Twitch Account” and that I have to scan the QR code, pretty normal right? well no, the problem is I already have my...
  5. Error 0x80242022 happens when I try to install the Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x80242022 happens when I try to install the Xbox App: Just purchased PC game pass. Downloaded the Xbox app installer and it refuses to install. It says error 0x80244022. How do I fix this? d1212153-badf-4d60-85e7-b934bb4c8aa1
  6. Oops not sure what happen there please try again later

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Oops not sure what happen there please try again later: Hello so im trying to buy a game and every time I press buy it says “oops not sure what happen there please try again later” so when I pressed retry it keeps saying that....
  7. When ever I try to join my Xbox friends on my Switch a pop up happens.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When ever I try to join my Xbox friends on my Switch a pop up happens.: I’ve tried restarting my switch and I’ve tried connecting to a different WiFi but it just doesn’t work, so I have zero idea what to do next. The pop up says “Unable to connect, restart you client....
  8. what happen if my games that im trying to down load got a triagle on ity with exmark in the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    what happen if my games that im trying to down load got a triagle on ity with exmark in the...: what happpen if my games that im trying to download got a traglel on it with a exmark in the middle of it c4b9cd39-9c2c-4301-89c8-8fed4955eb37
  9. "Something unexpected happened" when trying to install games from the Windows 11 Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something unexpected happened" when trying to install games from the Windows 11 Xbox app: The Xbox app was working perfectly yesterday, tried to install a game today and it gives me a message saying "Something unexpected happened" with the error code "0x89235003". Can't find anything...
  10. How do I fix the “Oops. Not sure what happened there. Please try again later.” message?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix the “Oops. Not sure what happened there. Please try again later.” message?: For the past 2 days i’ve been trying to buy diablo IV but every time I try to purchase it, it says “Oops. Not sure what happened there. Please try again later.” I’ve done literally everything to...