So recently my MSI Modern 14 laptop just refuse to charge itself and the battery drains...

Discus and support So recently my MSI Modern 14 laptop just refuse to charge itself and the battery drains... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So when I plug the charger in, it says it is plugged in and charging but the battery continues to drain like 1% per minute. It even shows the "Your... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Cao Nam, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Cao Nam
    Cao Nam Guest

So recently my MSI Modern 14 laptop just refuse to charge itself and the battery drains...

So when I plug the charger in, it says it is plugged in and charging but the battery continues to drain like 1% per minute. It even shows the "Your battery is running low" warning at 5% and it only charges itself after completely shutting off due to low battery 2-3 times and for just a while before draining like that again . I used batteryinfoview to see what is happening and I got this result.
    So recently my MSI Modern 14 laptop just refuse to charge itself and the battery drains... [​IMG]

What could be the problem here? I tried using the battery troubleshooter, but it doesn't detect anything unusual. So, is it the charger that's at fault?

:)

Cao Nam, Nov 30, 2023
  2. Cao Nam Win User

So recently my MSI Modern 14 laptop just refuse to charge itself and the battery drains extremely fast even when plugged in.

Oh ok thanks
    I didn't know where to consult
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

So recently my MSI Modern 14 laptop just refuse to charge itself and the battery drains extremely fast even when plugged in.

Hello Cao, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

Based on the information you provided, there are a few potential causes for the issue you're experiencing with your MSI laptop:

1. The first possibility is that your charger or the charging cable is faulty. It's worth checking if the charger or cable is damaged, as this can result in improper charging or inconsistent power delivery. Try using a different charger and cable to see if the issue persists. If the laptop charges normally with a different charger, then the original charger or cable may need to be replaced.

2. It's also possible that there may be an issue with the laptop's battery. Over time, laptop batteries can degrade, leading to reduced capacity and charging problems. In some cases, a faulty battery can cause rapid battery drain even when the laptop is plugged in. If your laptop is still under warranty, you may want to contact MSI's customer support to inquire about a battery replacement.

3. Check your power settings on Windows to ensure that they are configured correctly for charging. Ensure that the power plan is set to "High performance" or "Balanced" while the laptop is plugged in. You can adjust the power plan settings by going to the Control Panel or Windows Settings.

4. It's a good idea to check for any available BIOS updates or driver updates for your MSI Modern 14 laptop. Sometimes, manufacturers release firmware or driver updates that can address battery-related issues. Visit MSI's official website, enter your laptop's model number, and look for any available updates specifically related to the battery or power management.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, it may be best to contact MSI's customer support or take the laptop to an authorized service center for further diagnosis and repair.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  4. ngocphi Win User

If you goto system tools.there should be something specific to msi

Also should.be a label with tech support number on your chaisis or msi box
  5. ngocphi Win User

You have to contact msi

They have their own tools.which cab be uses to.teat

I havem2.hps and they both have remote.and self.testing tools
  6. ufcmike1 Win User

Trouble with xbox charging cable/battery pack not charging

Have you tried replacing the battery itself? It could have drained completely out (which is normal for batteries over time), so replacing the battery would most certainly fix the issue.

I'm not sure what the charging backs include.
Thema:

1. So recently my MSI Modern 14 laptop just refuse to charge itself and the battery drains... - Similar Threads - recently MSI Modern

2. Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?: I took a brief clip of some gameplay recently, and I noticed that while it says the clip was in 4k HDR viewing it in the "Recent Captures" tab, in the Captures application, it lists the clip at...
  3. Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor: Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor but when i go in my Xbox settings and i aply the 120 refrech rate i have an black screen for second and return to 60refrech rate...
  4. Party chat has been temperamental recently.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat has been temperamental recently.: Sometines when i invite a friend to my party recently, they seem to join like normal on their end, but on my end i am the only one in the party still. This doesnt happen when i join them, i have...
  5. I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...: Here is the Revolut message 6dd93ab6-f3ba-42c2-92eb-468690d1d368
  6. I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...: I read about WindowsApp but it's full of complicated named files and no game file. Why is this even a thing? ba22ca33-1a93-465d-919f-e70856918031
  7. My original Xbox one doesn’t restart properly after a recent update. I have tried updating...

in XBoX on Windows
    My original Xbox one doesn’t restart properly after a recent update. I have tried updating...: My adapter died a few months ago and I’ve only just replaced it, and when I turned it on for the first time there was an update. I started the update and the Xbox turned off at the end without...
  8. my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why: ever since the servers went down 2 days ago i have tried everything under the sun to try and fix it and nothing works. i thought about maybe just trying to wait it out but i’m not finna just sit...
  9. Recently when I’m playing on my Xbox, the cables I have plugged in for my controller and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recently when I’m playing on my Xbox, the cables I have plugged in for my controller and...: So ever since Tuesday as of writing this I have had random disconnects from my headset and Xbox controller at the same time. I’ve unplugged my Xbox and re plugged it in, changed where the headset...
  10. Why isnt my recently played with list not updating? Ive restarted my console hoping it...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why isnt my recently played with list not updating? Ive restarted my console hoping it...: Why isnt my recently played with list not updating? Ive restarted my console hoping it would help. It’s only showing me from 8 hours ago. I need to see whom i just played with...