So my Xbox One S won't turn on anymore. How do I fix it?

Discus and support So my Xbox One S won't turn on anymore. How do I fix it? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It turned off one day in the middle of me playing a game, and hasn't turned back on since. When I hit the power button, it makes the noise of it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nevaeh Miller, May 21, 2024.

1. So my Xbox One S won't turn on anymore. How do I fix it?

It turned off one day in the middle of me playing a game, and hasn't turned back on since. When I hit the power button, it makes the noise of it turning on, lights up for about a second, then turns right back off. It will NOT turn on no matter what I do. How can I fix this??

:)

Nevaeh Miller, May 21, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Nevaeh! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with your console.

If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you a few questions:

- Is your console plugged directly into one of the wall's outlets? Sometimes power strips, extension cords, surge protectors, and similar devices can cause this kind of problem.

- Besides the TV/monitor, do you have any other external devices plugged into your console?

- Have you already tried leaving your console unplugged for a few minutes? 5 - 10 minutes should be more than enough for its internal power supply to reset.

----------

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. scottedogaus Win User

Xbox turns on then off instantly

Hi i woke up this morning and i have a similar issue my xbox one s turns on for 3 secs then turns off.. mines under warranty so they will take my xbox away for fixing or replace it .. god knows how long it will be to fix šŸ˜
  4. ColeDeSilvey Win User

Account

After getting all the achievements for one of my games, my xbox 360 won't let me log on to xbox live anymore! Wt f is going on and how to I fix this problem if support doesn't want to?!
  5. Galactic Geek Win User

Anyone else having black screen start up problem?

I do, but it's because my TV is no longer in sync when I turn on my Xbox One for some reason - it doesn't turn on with the Xbox One anymore, despite still being set to do so.
  6. stampylon9cat Win User

Xbox live not working

OK so I turned off my Xbox one S by holding the power button for 10 seconds then unplugged the power cable and let it sit for five seconds and plug it back in and it seems to be working now but is still a little bit iffy so if anyone knows how to do a permanent
    fix please tell
Thema:

1. So my Xbox One S won't turn on anymore. How do I fix it? - Similar Threads - won't turn anymore

2. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  3. My controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't turn on: My controller won't turn on I used a wire for it and tried new batteries but it won't turn on but I was just using it this morning with a charging c cable bc536c90-da0b-4b12-9d3f-d8565e0ce9ce
  4. My xbox one wont fully update and won't let me turn it on

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox one wont fully update and won't let me turn it on: So my storage is full on my xbox and it needs to update when I turned it on it starts updating but stops half way saying something went wrong when trouble shooting it give me 4 options restart...
  5. I've got a Xbox one s that won't say turned on in 1 second it will shut off again...

in XBoX on Windows
    I've got a Xbox one s that won't say turned on in 1 second it will shut off again...: I've got a Xbox one s that won't say turned in 1 second it will shut off again I've completely cleaned it inside and out I'm using a new power cable lead from betta electrical I have to unplug it...
  6. Xbox series s won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s won't turn on: I replaced the power cord and power supply also the fan and still won't turn on 7234e759-6528-46c0-b8db-966648941b0b
  7. My Xbox won't turn on at all but I hear a ringing sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won't turn on at all but I hear a ringing sound: So I went to turn on my Xbox series x and it won't turn on but I hear this ringing noise from inside my console if anybody have any idea to fix this I'll appreciate I read some things online about...
  8. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  9. My PDP Controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Windows
    My PDP Controller won't turn on: I got a new PDP controller and when I tried to turn it on it won't work, it won't even light up. Is there a way to solve the problem or do I need to get s new one...
  10. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f