So my Xbox one is doing a weird fade to black thing on the dashboard but...

Discus and support So my Xbox one is doing a weird fade to black thing on the dashboard but... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can hit the xbox button on the controller and it brings up the side tab allowing me to start games and I can even bring up profile but I cant... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Leokaz, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Leokaz
    Leokaz Guest

I can hit the xbox button on the controller and it brings up the side tab allowing me to start games and I can even bring up profile but I cant navigate the dashboard or go directly to marketplace. Whats going on and how do I fix it?

I am currently sitting at the choose character screen on destiny so logging into games works.

:)

Leokaz, Apr 26, 2017
  2. Xbox One Dashboard doing weird things.

Can join parties and play games fine, can send invites, can sign-in with no problem. However can not send a text message yet can reply if one is sent to me, close apps/games nor turn off console.

Had to turn of by pushing the button on the console itself this started about 8 pm EST USA 01/15/16.

SteampunkPagan, Apr 26, 2017
  3. Xbox One Dashboard doing weird things.

Would add though maybe it is a problem with my profile but, I can not even delete and re-download it.

SteampunkPagan, Apr 26, 2017
  4. WyteFeather
    WyteFeather Guest

same trhing is happening to me, hope they fix it.

WyteFeather, Apr 26, 2017
  5. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    Hi

Please try and carry out a console hard reset by pressing and holding the power button on front of the console for 5-10 seconds. Once the console has shut down please remove the power cord from the wall outlet for about a minute then power everything back
    up and hopefully everything should be back to normal.

gds1972, Apr 26, 2017
  6. Leokaz
    Leokaz Guest
    That worked. I did the hard reset before but not with the block unplugged. That made the difference. Merci!

Leokaz, Nov 1, 2018
  7. WyteFeather Win User

same trhing is happening to me, hope they fix it.
  8. gds1972 Win User

Hi

Please try and carry out a console hard reset by pressing and holding the power button on front of the console for 5-10 seconds. Once the console has shut down please remove the power cord from the wall outlet for about a minute then power everything back
  9. Leokaz Win User

Hi

That worked. I did the hard reset before but not with the block unplugged. That made the difference. Merci!
  10. SteampunkPagan Win User

Xbox One Dashboard doing weird things.

Would add though maybe it is a problem with my profile but, I can not even delete and re-download it.
  11. Mister Cizl Win User

Dashboard Fades to Black

Hey Guys! This issue should be resolved, power cycle the console and give it another shot. Post back and let me know how it goes!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
Thema:

1. So my Xbox one is doing a weird fade to black thing on the dashboard but... - Similar Threads - doing weird fade

2. Why do I have this weird shortcut Doom Eternal in xbox game pass on pc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have this weird shortcut Doom Eternal in xbox game pass on pc?: [img] It should look like the photo below [img] c1d67b32-b3d3-4189-ac26-426203bcbc51
  3. Why does certain apps have this weird frosted over effect and how do I stop it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does certain apps have this weird frosted over effect and how do I stop it?: On apps like Xbox and Curseforge, this weird thing happens where the app appears to freeze over. Sometimes parts of it go away if I hover over them or interact around them, but they come back. It...
  4. My screen keeps on doing this weird flicker thing on my series x does anyone know how to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen keeps on doing this weird flicker thing on my series x does anyone know how to...: https://youtu.be/2hcS4X_ITYk i have already factory reset the console with keeping my apps, but the flickering returned. aa7ea374-0be7-4008-a28a-3e7c76d62270
  5. Having weird multi-player experience on mincraft how do I fix it

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Having weird multi-player experience on mincraft how do I fix it: So my friend is playing on xbox and I am playing on a switch I am playing it through my Microsoft acount which he is friend with on mincraft and on the Xbox for some reason he can't join me but I...
  6. something weird like my folder history keeps popping up whenever i am doing something

in XBoX Games and Apps
    something weird like my folder history keeps popping up whenever i am doing something: it keeps popping up every time i do something in games or writing a message, anything really it is this thing on the right side on the screenshot [img] d242c8ef-3deb-4025-9168-321f561bb4cf
  7. Xbox 1 X does start up noise but it does not do anything, it makes weird noises then closes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 X does start up noise but it does not do anything, it makes weird noises then closes...: Xbox 1 X does start up noise but it does not do anything, it makes weird noises then closes itself. My cousin had the same problem. cb2101ec-8861-4ea5-b3f6-4ae352f87917
  8. Weird error, do you own this game or app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Weird error, do you own this game or app?: so I have been playing forza 6 all day, I have almost 4 hours of game time on it. But now when I try to play it, it says "do you own this game or app" I am not sure how to fix it, forza 6 is from...
  9. Xbox 360 to stereo via optical cable results in weird noises. What to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 to stereo via optical cable results in weird noises. What to do?: Hey, I use an audio interface by creative as a dedicated DAC to send audio from my DVD player to my stereo amplifier. I use an optical cable to connect them. I wanted to do the same with my Xbox...
  10. Weird connection problems. What to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird connection problems. What to do?: Scenario: Three-level house. Router and modem are on the second floor and another family owns it. Laptop and XBOX 360 (Slim) are in the basement, same room. Laptop averages about four bars,...