So I've been having this problem where I can't delete my captures

Discus and support So I've been having this problem where I can't delete my captures in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I read the replies to Levi and followed everything but none of it worked b4d1fe49-96fc-4e1b-a45f-b7f4ab2f6bca Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Max Shimm, Apr 25, 2023.

1. Max Shimm
    Max Shimm Guest

I read the replies to Levi and followed everything but none of it worked

:)

Max Shimm, Apr 25, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Kindly check if there is a pending system update for the console.

Make sure your console is connected to the internet, and then press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select System > Settings.

Select System > Updates & downloads.

Under "Updates", you'll see: Console update available. Select this button to begin your update,

Solution 3: Try setting up manual DNS settings

1. Please go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > DNS settings >> manual

2. Primary DNS: 208.67.222.222

3. Secondary DNS: 208.67.220.220

If the same issue persists, other players are experiencing the same issue right now. Although there is no official announcement yet about the issue. Let's wait until it gets fixed, you can also provide feedback about it using the Report a Problem app which you can download by doing the steps below.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then select Store.

Select Search, and then enter Xbox Report a Problem in the search box.

Choose the app from the search results, and then select Download.

Follow the instructions in the section “Report a new problem” to submit your problem report.
  3. HELLRAIN9090 Win User

Captures can't be deleted/uploaded

Hey dude, I've been having the same problem and It's been making my want to pull my hair out for 3 days now, it's like captures are completely broke and no one is saying anything, it's gotta be Microsoft bc im having trouble on multiple accounts on console and mobile. I can't upload and I can't delete, it's also says I have -20 capture storage too. So that's obviously a bug.
  4. X Kalomn Win User

Can't save or share Game DVR captures?

I have the same problem. I can't save any captures whether they're clips or screenshots. Since I've been using Game DVR, I could only save pictures and clips within a day of capture, but recently I can't save at all.

I've checked my settings to make sure they're all correct, unchecked them, unplugged my console then turned it back on, and rechecked them.

I power cycled my console as well

Tried to capture on multiple games to see if it's game related

Cleared all other captures (a lot was deleted)

removed my account and re added it

I even did a factory reset, but nothing's working.

I have a 1tb Halo 5 xbox, so maybe that's the problem.

I've also been using a free trial of xbox gold if that's helpful, but with the free trial, it was working for a time. I even used a new trial in case the previous one expired and still nothing.

My xbox also notified me of game save data not matching up with what's on cloud and having to sync for every game. That was when the problem started. Could that be the cause?
  5. Penneysound Win User

Screen captures lost while offline

Power cycle didn't help at all. Updating after getting internet connection seems to have caused the problem. As I understand, the system deletes captures after 30 days if they haven't been viewed or uploaded. And of course, without internet, they can't be uploaded, and can't even be viewed, as the capture and share tab is greyed out when there's no internet connection. And I'm pretty sure the system's clock was off by a year because it had had no internet for so long, so once it got internet, it must have decided that ALL the captures stored locally were too old to keep. It seems the system is set up by design to make it impossible to keep captures recorded while without internet service. I've lost 3 months worth of captures because of bad console design. Everything I captured from playing RDR2 beginning to end to 100%.
  6. TheScaryNothing Win User

Game DVR Clips have no sound or are out of Sync

I have just started running into playback problems myself. For months when watching the videos (smart glass) I've noticed some mismatch with the audio, but as of two days ago all videos I watch are playing at a fast forward speed with no audio. This is only
    my recent videos, as my friends playback normally. The only thing that I can think of that I've been doing differently, is the amount of videos I've been capturing. It seems where now that I'm doing more capturing there's more problems. Is this a memory or
    cache issue? Any thoughts?
Thema:

1. So I've been having this problem where I can't delete my captures - Similar Threads - I've been having

2. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  3. recently I've been trying to connect my Xbox 360 controller (I have a cable that connects...

in XBoX on Windows
    recently I've been trying to connect my Xbox 360 controller (I have a cable that connects...: I've tried reading other people's answers on this but I can't seem to work it, I connect it by the cable to to my pc (windows10) and it works (like the Xbox sign in the middle works) and I've...
  4. A problem I've been having with logging in on the official Xbox application.

in XBoX Accessibility
    A problem I've been having with logging in on the official Xbox application.: I have been having this problem for months now. I've tried logging into my Xbox account and it's asked for my PIN, as normal. I've entered it, but it has said "We couldn't do this, try again...
  5. I've been having crazy ping spikes in Roblox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having crazy ping spikes in Roblox.: I've gotten spikes up to 3000ms ping on PC and I can't figure out what the problem is. I've reset my PC, reinstalled the entire program, used commands to lower spikes, such as netsh wlan set...
  6. I've been banned on Xbox 360 love until july/12/9999, and now have a $41 Dark souls 2...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've been banned on Xbox 360 love until july/12/9999, and now have a $41 Dark souls 2...: I've been banned on Xbox 360 love until july/12/9999, and now have a $41 Dark souls 2 content I can't download. cd880b85-0b0f-4d6c-8f29-c96c58620a86
  7. I've had this laptop for about 6 months now, and already i have been seeing white pixels...

in XBoX on Windows
    I've had this laptop for about 6 months now, and already i have been seeing white pixels...: I am currently not able to upload images for some reason, but I will try to explain to the best of my ability. I am having the same issue as RoyalGamer1:...
  8. I have a Xbox Series X I've been offline for about 4months I went online today and now my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a Xbox Series X I've been offline for about 4months I went online today and now my...: I have a Xbox Series X I've been offline for about 4months I went online today and now my accounts cannot be signed into the console. I removed the accounts and now when I try to sign in I get a...
  9. I've been logged out my minecraft account but I've forgot the email I used for it. I have a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've been logged out my minecraft account but I've forgot the email I used for it. I have a...: I've tried the username lookup but that hasn't helped with what's going on. My minecraft gamertag is EpikGamer1241 I know it but I've forgotten my email for the minecraft account ( I also know...
  10. Hi, Having issues with EA and linking accounts, I've been onto EA twice and no joy, they...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, Having issues with EA and linking accounts, I've been onto EA twice and no joy, they...: So, my son has a valid EA account with a verified mail address, but we can not link to his xbox. According to EA there is another EA account already linked to his account, under his gamertag but...