So im trying to connect DISPLAYPORT to HDMI i have a cord and theres no display.. any...

Discus and support So im trying to connect DISPLAYPORT to HDMI i have a cord and theres no display.. any... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i have turned off my display AND xbox one s and no solution anyone know? 941ed62a-ac35-408b-b8d8-fc6afccf2e1f Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Justplayedcards, Feb 9, 2021.

1. So im trying to connect DISPLAYPORT to HDMI i have a cord and theres no display.. any...

i have turned off my display AND xbox one s and no solution anyone know?

:)

Justplayedcards, Feb 9, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

So im trying to connect DISPLAYPORT to HDMI i have a cord and theres no display.. any solutions?

Hi,

If you're attempting to get around a display limitation on your Monitor I have to tell you now, it won't work. Firstly, there are no HDMI 2.1 or even 2.0 to DP adaptors. All the one's I've seen are HDMI 1.4 and these max out at 1080P @60Hz and 4K @30Hz. They also need to be 'Active', i.e. powered.

Secondly, these adaptors are not bi-directional, they only work one way. The reason why you're not getting any display is because you've likely bought a Display Port to HDMI instead of an HDMI to Display Port.

Even if you buy an adaptor in the right direction, you're not going to get to 120Hz at 1440P or 4K.
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

New gaming monitor

I'm saying that HDMI to displayport adapters are pointless to use, and if you were to use one , you'll still only be getting 60hz.

you want to connect the HDMI port of the Xbox console to a HDMI port on the monitor or TV for the best outcome,

because the Xbox One X does not have a displayport on the console, you can't go displayport to displayport,

so the only choice is HDMI to HDMI, i personally would not go HDMI from the console to displayport on the monitor via an HDMI to displayport adapter,

when connecting to a monitor it's best to go straight...

HDMI to HDMI

or

Displayport to Displayport

never

HDMI to Displayport via an adapter.
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

New gaming monitor

Does it help or make it better if i buy an apdaotor and plug the display port into the xbox one x
    No, adapters can make thing worst for you and are pointless to use, You always want to connect via HDMI to HDMI or Displayport to Displayport for the best outcome, never go HDMI to Displayport.
  5. Justin Frigo Win User

Variable Refresh Rate

Right but I’m not using hdmi I’m using DisplayPort which maxes out at 240hz on 1080p like I said I’m using a hdmi to DisplayPort active adapter so the display from my Xbox to my monitor is DisplayPort so I have adaptive sync/freesync turned on in the monitor it’s self not VRR in the Xbox settings
  6. Arminator Win User

Connecting to iMac

...So therefore there is no physical connection through the Mini DisplayPort just over the Home Network, is that correct.
    If you wanted to connect the console physically to the iMac to use the display as a screen directly, then I can't really say, as

the instructions for connecting another device to the iMac's DisplayPort
    require you to press "Command F2" on the iMac as well as (in this example) another Mac that you connected to the iMac's DisplayPort.

It's unclear, if you need to press "Command F2" on the connected Mac to tell it "You have an external display now, output to that instead of your own laptop display", or if the "Command F2" combination on the connected Mac does additional stuff to remotely
    tell the iMac "Hey, show my display on your iMac screen please".

If the iMac uses "Command F2" to simply switch to the external input and display anything that pushes a video signal to the DisplayPort, then you could get a HDMI to Mini-DisplayPort adapter, and actually connect the Xbox One to the iMac display.

Also keep in mind, that only certain iMac models support the so called "Target Display Mode".

If "Target Display Mode" is just a fancy Apple-name for "Switch video input", then it should work. If however, "Target Display Mode" is an overly elaborate screen handshake protocol that requires keyboard commands from BOTH devices and somehow communicates
    via DisplayPort, then I'm afraid that won't work.
Thema:

So im trying to connect DISPLAYPORT to HDMI i have a cord and theres no display.. any...

1. So im trying to connect DISPLAYPORT to HDMI i have a cord and theres no display.. any... - Similar Threads - trying connect DISPLAYPORT

2. Keep getting “try again in a while we can’t connect to your console right now” despite it...

in XboX Insiders
    Keep getting “try again in a while we can’t connect to your console right now” despite it...: Been using remote play for a while on my computer to connect to my Xbox series X but the other day it tells me it can’t connect. It is an instant message I get and I have no idea how to solve it....
  3. Discord says sorry looks like you were disconnected try connecting again

in XboX Insiders
    Discord says sorry looks like you were disconnected try connecting again: I need help for this everything ive found on it has been outdated and not helpful submitted by /u/Greedy-End-8084 [link] [comments]
  4. Hello, i'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, i'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor: I'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor but every time it says "out of range , change resolution to 1900x900 60HZ" i tried to restart the Xbox and change but it still...
  5. My Xbox series X is connected to the internet but when I try to sign in it says “you’ll...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series X is connected to the internet but when I try to sign in it says “you’ll...: When I try to sign into my Xbox live account it says “you need an Internet for this“ then below it says it doesn’t look like you’re connected to the Internet. Check your connection and try again....
  6. When i try to connect to hotel wifi that needs authentication and it dose not work

in XBoX Accessibility
    When i try to connect to hotel wifi that needs authentication and it dose not work: The screen turns white and i see no website i have cleared the MAC address and reset my xbox too 27c02a5f-b86d-49ac-accb-efb834ea7208
  7. Trying to connect to Xbox 360 marketplace...won't connect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to connect to Xbox 360 marketplace...won't connect?: Trying to connect to Xbox 360 marketplace to buy a video game which I did in October but can't now 094132d1-2583-4ab4-9d0c-6c869d427b94
  8. Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...: I dont understand why my Xbox won’t connect to my via network 0540cb0c-6d58-4834-b2ea-cf0f37fd08f3
  9. I am trying to connect my Xbox One s to my Windows 8 with a hdmi

in XBoX on Windows
    I am trying to connect my Xbox One s to my Windows 8 with a hdmi: I tried all I can look up how to but I simply can't figure it out how too do it thare is not a bluetooth and I am trying to do something with it without internet but It won't broadcast to it it...
  10. My controller wont connect to my console..tried 4 controllers and 3 USB c cables too

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller wont connect to my console..tried 4 controllers and 3 USB c cables too: My controller wont connect to my console and I tried 4 controllers and also 3 USB c leads 899c0d9f-c7fc-45bf-855b-81b909a510a9