So I'm in!

Discus and support So I'm in! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I really appreciate all the feedback everyone is giving. I will keep working on it but I think using the controller is going to work best for this old guy. Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MichaelCasey, Feb 17, 2014.

  1. MichaelCasey
    MichaelCasey Guest

    So I'm in!


    I really appreciate all the feedback everyone is giving. I will keep working on it but I think using the controller is going to work best for this old guy.
     
    MichaelCasey, Feb 18, 2014
    #31
  2. Kickin' it old-school style? I can dig that... So I'm in! ;)
     
    Galactic Geek, Oct 31, 2018
    #32
  3. Strunky Win User

    I'm so confused?

    Truth be told, if you're gamer you play both. If you're nothing but a fanboy, you argue about which one is the best. I'm so sick of this stupid debate. I liked both games, but the amount of jerks on CoD kept me from playing. I can adapt to changes in
    gameplay such as armor abilities. I wouldn't be a gamer if I couldn't or wouldn't. What I can't adapt to are the foul mouthed little punks that seem to think that blasting racially motivated put downs is the same as trash talk. It's not and if those twerps
    ever put down thier controllers, quit eating thier tweenkies and actually played a sport in they're fat little miserable lives... they'd know that.

    As for that English teacher of yours Speedy.... there are skill sets for every game and they're all different. One shooter doesn't take more skill than another, there is a learning curve. You either crash and burn or you adapt and overcome.
  4. EvilOak27 Win User

    I'm so confused?

    Tell them you enjoy hanging out with older people online and you find COD games to be filled with 'high school wanna-be real soldier morons'.



    And if your 6 friends and english teacher think anyone can be good at Halo then their stats must be really good then right? (if they ever tried the game)



    You'll be able to laugh at them when the next COD game comes out and it's multiplayer is made by Raven.
  5. Hellhog Win User

    I'm so confused?

    The problem is, Halo sets everyone on an even playing field with the only differences being armor abilities. COD and other games don't because of all the variations. When I rented Black Ops, within 2 hours I already
    had my complete kit set up and unlocked (minus the pro version of perks), I was consistently the best person in every match and getting a 3.0 K/D, not unlike when I left MW2 (what is it that I use, semi-auto rifles and I can aim while using perks to increase
    my stealth). Halo, I was good at Halo 3 and descent at Reach, but I can say, there is definitely a bigger gap in skill sets. However, when anyone knocks other games with inflamatory comments such as takes no skill, or stupid... just prepare for them to attack
    back.
  6. MattKohl101 Win User

    I'm so confused?

    [quote user="LOBAGOOBIE"]

    Halo has plenty of violence, but what he's trying to say, is that you never really see the grim things in the Halo story, the civilians that get bombed, the casualties, ECT. Have you ever read the Republic Commando SW series, because that's exactly what
    he's talking about. That level^^ that he talks about is probably the only part of the Reach campaign with
    any emotion. In fact, that's the only time we see Civilians get hurt in any of the Halo games, as far as I can remember, although I've never played 2 or Wars. It didn't seem like anybody cared when any of Noble died, troops die around you all the time,
    nobody cares about them, ECT. They need to make it so that you know the troops and people you're fighting with.

    [/quote]



    Exactly! Some of the most memorable moments from ANY games is the deaths of main characters, except for Halo. Well other than Jorge (Got tingles the first time I played that... powerful stuff).



    Final Fantasy 7, Aries dying made me cry. Literally. That's the first time I'd ever felt any emotions while gaming, so it took me by surprise and just overwhelmed me. Like a baby!

    [​IMG]



    In the beginning of Crysis 2 (Literally the very beginning, so it's not a spoiler) the main character who was wearing the Nanosuit before you shoots himself because he was infected and wanted to save the world by giving you the suit and continuing his legacy.
    That game's beginning and ending gave me extreme chills.



    Mass Effect 1/2. What even has to be said? It's a little too much story focused and forgets it's a videogame from time to time, but still. That's a story that is amazing.



    Call of Duty has many of these moments, even if they're stolen from movies. When the nuke goes off and you're walking around looking at the destruction, slowly dying. Or when you and that Ghost guy are both shot by your commander and burned alive together.
    That's the kinds of things that make the campaigns great, albeit very short, they still have some pretty powerful moments that stick with you.



    I'm definitely not talking about Gears of War type violence though. Over the top, almost comical. No emotion behind those games when someone gets blown to bits. It's just another Monday or Tuesday or whatever.



    Halo: Reach brought the gameplay for sure though. 343i is the luckiest gaming company in the world. They hardly have to make any changes to the foundation that Bungie built and it'll be a best seller. 343i's real challenge is going to be making a new story
    arc and making a freaking EPIC campaign.
  7. IgotTSondabrain Win User

    I'm so confused?

    whatever. halo does take some skill. just not as much as you might think. take infection games for example. all it takes is paying attention to what paths to take to completely surprise the enemy humans once you have been zombified. or even capturing the
    flag, knowing the best places to go to surprise the enemy totally helps if you dont have more skill than your opponents. i used to suck more at infection games but since i started figuring out how to surprise enemy humans in certain maps, my kills have been
    steadily improving. i aint great, but i'm getting much better. hey guys...theres a way to surprise those human chumps who are camped out in the central area on the cage map...and it works 90% of the time
Thema:

So I'm in!

Loading...
  1. So I'm in! - Similar Threads - I'm

  2. I'm in Delta but still haven't received the Mythic Achievements update

    in XboX Insiders
    I'm in Delta but still haven't received the Mythic Achievements update: Basically, I was in the Xbox Insider Program years ago, and I joined again when I found out Mythic Achievements had been added. I’m in the Delta ring, but I still haven’t received the update. Is...
  3. I'm new to Xbox insiders and Disc to digital not working?

    in XboX Insiders
    I'm new to Xbox insiders and Disc to digital not working?: I live in the UK and have recently joined Xbox insiders as I'm excited about the disc to digital feature and wanted to see what it was like... I've tried a couple of games but I'm not getting...
  4. I'm getting the Xbox preview error too how do I fix it?

    in XboX Insiders
    I'm getting the Xbox preview error too how do I fix it?: I really want to get to beta instead being stuck on omega submitted by /u/No-Significance-9311 [link] [comments]
  5. After resetting my console (Series X) I'm unable to progress through setup and console hangs.

    in XboX Insiders
    After resetting my console (Series X) I'm unable to progress through setup and console hangs.: Basically what the title says, this happened because I was trying to go through steps to fix crashing on 2XKO... In what should be a simple process has now turned into a nightmare, any...
  6. I'm in beta How do I join the Alpha Circle

    in XboX Insiders
    I'm in beta How do I join the Alpha Circle: How can I join Alpha I have completed all the surveys and reached beta and if I face a problem I report it immediately but I have not received an invitation to join and my account level is more...
  7. I'm in the insider program why can't i try the new Xlcoud web interface?

    in XboX Insiders
    I'm in the insider program why can't i try the new Xlcoud web interface?: As far as i'm concerned i'm already subscribed to it and it still says i'm not in it when i click on the try hew new interface button on the cloud gaming website. And i the preview features...
  8. I'm about to have the biggest fit of rage in my life

    in XboX Insiders
    I'm about to have the biggest fit of rage in my life: I was trying to play on my Xbox One, but it showed that my network connection had a problem with the NAT type, it just kept showing "NAT Type: Unavailable". After seeing this, I tried to go to the...
  9. Fuck Xbox your shit sucks ass I'm going to PlayStation

    in XboX Insiders
    Fuck Xbox your shit sucks ass I'm going to PlayStation: Your controller suck I've had to buy two of them and they just keep breaking for no reason your system just legs and everything for no reason you guys suck learn what the f*** you doing do better...
  10. System update notice(I'm sorry. This is a machine translation)

    in XboX Insiders
    System update notice(I'm sorry. This is a machine translation): For years now, forced system updates have put me at a disadvantage in terms of online rankings and streaming. Is it technically possible to notify users of updates via notifications on the console...