So I'm in!

Discus and support So I'm in! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My advice is to download the voice & gesture tutorial apps if you haven't already done so - those can help out a lot when learning how to use the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MichaelCasey, Feb 17, 2014.

  1. So I'm in!


    My advice is to download the voice & gesture tutorial apps if you haven't already done so - those can help out a lot when learning how to use the Kinect sensor. When it comes to voice commands, just say "Xbox" when you're on the home screen & wait a second.
    A list will pop up of available voice commands you can use for various things - that will help out a lot.

    Some of my favorite voice commands are:

    "Xbox on."

    "Xbox turn off."

    "Xbox go to [insert full name of game or app here]."

    "Xbox sign in as [insert 1st name of account name here]."

    I'm fluent when it comes to the Xbox One interface, so feel free to PM me with any questions you have while experimenting with it & I'll be happy to help. So I'm in! :)
     
    Galactic Geek, Feb 17, 2014
    #16
  2. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    @ICN Yep i love it. it works.

    @daBeast

    "Xbox go to tv"

    "Xbox go to Home"

    "Xbox go to <name of game>

    The last one must be the exact name

    Eg "Xbox Go to forza 5" will not work.

    " xbox go to Forza Motorsport 5" yep

    "Xbox go to Assassins creed 4 black flag" yep
     
    RippenHarra, Feb 17, 2014
    #17
  3. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    Say, "Xbox" and then time how long it takes for the on screen overlay to appear. Your goal should be to say, "Xbox", then pause until just before that menu appears before you say the next thing you want. It gets easier to control as you get used to the timing.
     
    IceStorm III, Feb 17, 2014
    #18
  4. Sal O
    Sal O Guest

    So I'm in!

    "Xbox select" is a another good one to remember, it will highlight available commands on the current screen.
     
    Sal O, Feb 17, 2014
    #19
  5. CODukes4
    CODukes4 Guest
    Or "Xbox snap tv".

    BTW I paid $30 for the Dayz alpha.
     
    CODukes4, Feb 17, 2014
    #20
  6. Wiggs
    Wiggs Guest
    @Rippen - Lol...you went from level 6 to level 9 CUL in like an hour.

    It's funny how broke these forums continually progress to even more broke every update.

    @Icestorm - color me ignorant....but wouldn't having to learn the timing of a voice command and keeping that timing up to par defeat the purpose of "ease of use"?
     
    Wiggs, Feb 17, 2014
    #21
  7. As far as using the voice controls I just talk like I would normally and it works for me unless there is a unusual amount of background noise. When I first got it I would pause after saying Xbox and it was hit or miss. Now, I just say Xbox, go to Titanfall
    Beta (or whatever game or app) with a very slight pause and 9 times out of 10 it works like I want.
     
    Soaked1nBleach, Feb 17, 2014
    #22
  8. Wiggs
    Wiggs Guest

    So I'm in!

    So which is it?

    Pause or no pause? Some say pause...some say no pause. I'm not getting the vibe that this is something that will not make me aggravated while getting used to.
     
    Wiggs, Feb 17, 2014
    #23
  9. My Kinect was doing much better before this last update. I had to recalibrate Kinect because it wouldn't respond to the commands.
     
    Flint SithLord, Feb 17, 2014
    #24
  10. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    If you just say xbox or pause to long you get all the green guides. Just try saying

    Saying it conversationally and you will enjoy it more.
     
    RippenHarra, Feb 17, 2014
    #25
  11. Pausing after saying "Xbox" never worked for me either. Just say it casually & it should work fine. I do want to mention however, that any other voices either on the TV or in the room can interfere with the voice commands, so make sure to either mute the
    TV first or to ask others in the room to be quiet for a moment.
     
    Galactic Geek, Feb 17, 2014
    #26
  12. Kinect learns your voice as you use it. I very rarely use it but after owning the console 2 months now, it does exactly as I say 80 - 90% of the time. As I say, I rarely use it but things like using a code starting a party whilst you play just involve jumping
    through too many hoops to not use it.
     
    Dynamic Sausage, Feb 17, 2014
    #27
  13. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest

    So I'm in!

    to get a feel of what to say and when to say it.... just say "XBox select" That will bring up an overlay of commands on the screen.

    Most commands are Xbox go to ....

    Simple as say I am playing Forza.....

    Xbox watch TV..... it switches right over... tired of Forza and want to play BF4... Xbox goto battlefield

    You will get used to it....
     
    tohellnbak, Feb 18, 2014
    #28
  14. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    about the pausing... at first.. you tend to pause... but after a while... you get used to the timing... not sure if the kinect learns your voice.. but more of you learning how the kinect hears...
     
    tohellnbak, Feb 18, 2014
    #29
  15. Coreldan
    Coreldan Guest
    Don't think about the voice commands as something that mostly replaces the controller.. You can use them when you don't have the controller in hand So I'm in! :p And even with controller in hand, there's a few things that are much faster with the voice command.

    Point being, don't think of them as something that is there to replace the controller, use them when it's beneficial.

    I love the Kinect both for voice commands and hand gestures and it works extremely well for me. Typically only failing for me due to excessive background noise or trying to use a wrong command So I'm in! :p
     
    Coreldan, Feb 18, 2014
    #30
Thema:

So I'm in!

Loading...
  1. So I'm in! - Similar Threads - I'm

  2. I'm in Delta but still haven't received the Mythic Achievements update

    in XboX Insiders
    I'm in Delta but still haven't received the Mythic Achievements update: Basically, I was in the Xbox Insider Program years ago, and I joined again when I found out Mythic Achievements had been added. I’m in the Delta ring, but I still haven’t received the update. Is...
  3. I'm new to Xbox insiders and Disc to digital not working?

    in XboX Insiders
    I'm new to Xbox insiders and Disc to digital not working?: I live in the UK and have recently joined Xbox insiders as I'm excited about the disc to digital feature and wanted to see what it was like... I've tried a couple of games but I'm not getting...
  4. I'm getting the Xbox preview error too how do I fix it?

    in XboX Insiders
    I'm getting the Xbox preview error too how do I fix it?: I really want to get to beta instead being stuck on omega submitted by /u/No-Significance-9311 [link] [comments]
  5. After resetting my console (Series X) I'm unable to progress through setup and console hangs.

    in XboX Insiders
    After resetting my console (Series X) I'm unable to progress through setup and console hangs.: Basically what the title says, this happened because I was trying to go through steps to fix crashing on 2XKO... In what should be a simple process has now turned into a nightmare, any...
  6. I'm in beta How do I join the Alpha Circle

    in XboX Insiders
    I'm in beta How do I join the Alpha Circle: How can I join Alpha I have completed all the surveys and reached beta and if I face a problem I report it immediately but I have not received an invitation to join and my account level is more...
  7. I'm in the insider program why can't i try the new Xlcoud web interface?

    in XboX Insiders
    I'm in the insider program why can't i try the new Xlcoud web interface?: As far as i'm concerned i'm already subscribed to it and it still says i'm not in it when i click on the try hew new interface button on the cloud gaming website. And i the preview features...
  8. I'm about to have the biggest fit of rage in my life

    in XboX Insiders
    I'm about to have the biggest fit of rage in my life: I was trying to play on my Xbox One, but it showed that my network connection had a problem with the NAT type, it just kept showing "NAT Type: Unavailable". After seeing this, I tried to go to the...
  9. Fuck Xbox your shit sucks ass I'm going to PlayStation

    in XboX Insiders
    Fuck Xbox your shit sucks ass I'm going to PlayStation: Your controller suck I've had to buy two of them and they just keep breaking for no reason your system just legs and everything for no reason you guys suck learn what the f*** you doing do better...
  10. System update notice(I'm sorry. This is a machine translation)

    in XboX Insiders
    System update notice(I'm sorry. This is a machine translation): For years now, forced system updates have put me at a disadvantage in terms of online rankings and streaming. Is it technically possible to notify users of updates via notifications on the console...