So I want to get 2fa on my Xbox account but the email is linked toy dead dad's email and I...

Discus and support So I want to get 2fa on my Xbox account but the email is linked toy dead dad's email and I... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I want to get 2fa on my Xbox account but the email is linked to my dead dad's email and I want to change it to mine so I can enable 2fa and other... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Rocco Pipicelli, Dec 18, 2023.

1. So I want to get 2fa on my Xbox account but the email is linked toy dead dad's email and I...

So I want to get 2fa on my Xbox account but the email is linked to my dead dad's email and I want to change it to mine so I can enable 2fa and other stuff like that.

:)

Rocco Pipicelli, Dec 18, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

So I want to get 2fa on my Xbox account but the email is linked toy dead dad's email and I want to change it to mine so I can enable 2fa and other stuff like that

Hi Rocco. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

You should be able to change your account's email by following these steps:

Go to account.microsoft.com

Select 'Your Info' and then 'Edit account info'.

From here, you should be able to add a new email as an alias, set that email as the primary alias, then remove the previous email if you wish.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. cool_leaf Win User

I got locked out of my old minecraft microsoft account

All I have is the email and my PlayStation account that it is permanently Linked to I don’t have 2fa and I still have access to that email that is associated to that account do I just keep trying until I get approved?
  4. ZachRI Win User

Xbox account transfer to another email

So if I was to have my dad move his accounts link to the email that link to the xbox account to another email then which it. It would work. He has about 4 accounts I know of a hotmail, gmail, outlook, and AOL. I not 100% sure what link to the email on the xbox account. But I don't think he used it much more then, my xbox account and minecraft at a point before we switch it to my email. So if we change the account link to the email. then add my email as an alias and make it the primary. And remove the his email. Then have him put them back to the email that we remove. An I just need to go through and update it to be my info. Then it good to go. Right in the long way.
  5. TERMINATOR 2452 Win User

error on email

try and sign in on windows live id.Say you forgot your password and want it reset.They will email you a link to change it. Hope you fix it ,my dads having a problem like this but the live id/ email for his profile is gone dead.
  6. Cwk_93 Win User

Unlinking Epic Games account from my Xbox account

I set the account up years ago through my xbox, I've never been asked to set up 2fa on there, in fact I have never received an email from them and I have used the same email for the past 15 years.

It seems they have linked their PSN account to that Epic Games account also, which is how they are accessing the data.

Regardless of any 2fa, I have more than provided ample evidence to prove to be the owner of the account.
Thema:

So I want to get 2fa on my Xbox account but the email is linked toy dead dad's email and I...

1. So I want to get 2fa on my Xbox account but the email is linked toy dead dad's email and I... - Similar Threads - 2fa account email

2. Can’t sign in to a account with 2fa but my friends can.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t sign in to a account with 2fa but my friends can.: My friend gave me and a two other friends information to an an account he owns so we can play games he owns but the account has 2fa connected to a phone number he no longer has access to and when...
  3. Account locked with 2fa enabled

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account locked with 2fa enabled: Recently I got locked out of my account for ‘Violating terms and services’. The account, which I only use to play Minecraft, for some reason got locked, I filled in the support ticket and it got...
  4. How do i recover my microsoft account when it is locked and i haev 2FA on?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i recover my microsoft account when it is locked and i haev 2FA on?: my account got hacked about a week ago so i reported it to microsoft support that my account was hacked. A few days later i got my account back and reset the password and added 2FA. Not even a day...
  5. Unable to sign in to my account, no access to email for 2FA and old number on account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to sign in to my account, no access to email for 2FA and old number on account: Hi, I pay £28.99 a month for my Xbox on a 2 year plan and it comes with Ultimate Pass. I'm unable to sign in because I my son kept putting the password in wrong and he has locked all of my...
  6. Account hacked even with 2FA, refuses to refund product

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Account hacked even with 2FA, refuses to refund product: Hi Microsoft. My old account was recently hacked even with having 2FA on. I never clicked on malicious links, shared my info, or used the same password across accounts. How my account was hacked...
  7. When I try to enable 2fa it won't let me I goes to my old account and when I go to the Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try to enable 2fa it won't let me I goes to my old account and when I go to the Xbox...: Every time I try to sign in with epic games it goes to my old account because they have the same google account I just want to enable 2fa but it won't let me my acc is anonymous71491...
  8. I want to activate my 2fa but it’s linked to an old account I don’t know the @hotmail or...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to activate my 2fa but it’s linked to an old account I don’t know the @hotmail or...: I want to activate my 2fa but it’s linked to an old account I don’t know the @hotmail or the password so I’m just stuck a54b66e9-c6ca-487e-9cf0-17e3b794cb2f
  9. Account taken over 8 months a go, has 2FA on it, locked by Microsoft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account taken over 8 months a go, has 2FA on it, locked by Microsoft: My account was stolen a while ago, and the person who stole it put a 2FA on it, then I got it locked, and it currently still remains locked. Is there any chance of me recovering my stolen account?...
  10. I lost my email and phone number with 2fa on my account please help me!!!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lost my email and phone number with 2fa on my account please help me!!!!: Hello, I recently lost my phone which resulted in me losing my phone number and all my gmail accounts so i lost access to my 2fa device please help me i will provide u with everything i can to...