So I try to load up War Thunder and I get to the Press A to play screen. After I press it,...

Discus and support So I try to load up War Thunder and I get to the Press A to play screen. After I press it,... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This started happening to me a couple of hours ago after I just reset my Xbox multiple times after getting System Error: E203 and E208. I can still... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Zachary Cronn, Jul 27, 2023.

1. So I try to load up War Thunder and I get to the Press A to play screen. After I press it,...

This started happening to me a couple of hours ago after I just reset my Xbox multiple times after getting System Error: E203 and E208. I can still play other games just fine except War Thunder. I am still using a Xbox One S if that helps.

:)

Zachary Cronn, Jul 27, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

So I try to load up War Thunder and I get to the Press A to play screen. After I press it, it starts loading then all audio stops, starts playing audio again, then quits the game entirely.

Hi, Zachary. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Check for any pending game updates.

Go to “My Apps & Games”, select War Thunder, and press the more options button. From the list, select “Manage game & add-ons” and then “Updates”. Any updates will be available here.

Solution 3: Try setting up manual DNS settings.

1. Please go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > DNS settings >> manual

2. Primary DNS: 208.67.222.222

3. Secondary DNS: 208.67.220.220

Solution 4: Please try to uninstall and reinstall the game and see if that sorts out the issue.
  3. you wish1 Win User

I originally just had flight simulator installed which wouldn’t load up (as if frozen) I’ve installed War thunder which does the same thing. But when I installed it on the Xbox one it worked. So I started downloading online games only on the series X none of them load up e.g Enlisted, Fortnite and war thunder. But Day Z does work.

Yea so they don’t load up at all.

It’s as if something has stopped my series X from accessing online games..

Thanks for getting back to me.
  4. FedeBLive Win User

Xbox loading games but stuck on game intro screen

i have the same problem.. the console crashed during battlefield 3. now when i try to load any game in the loading screen after press start the console loading at the infinite
  5. Timobkg Win User

Gears of War 4 on PC stuck on loading screen every time

Gears of War 4 was installed via the Xbox app. So far, it's the only game that's having issues starting, but I'm going to try out other games through the Xbox app to see if any of them are similarly afflicted. (Update: Some are, see below.)

So far I've found that it starts up normally after a reboot, including up to a few hours after a reboot, but it will hang when launched the following day. It seems like it's hanging while trying to contact the server for the MOTD - after pressing a button to start, it never gets to the splash screen advertising Gears of War 5.

I'm going to try Gears of War 5 and other games to see if any other game is similarly afflicted. Then I'll try the troubleshooting steps you listed.

Update: I waited a day after reboot and tried some games.

Gears of War 4 launched but got stuck in the same place.

The Gunk launched and played correctly without issues.

When launching Gears of War 5 for the first time, the launcher needed to download gigabytes of additional data, then threw up an error message saying, "Something went wrong launching your game. Error code: (0x8007042b)", but it did successfully launch the game so I'm not sure what the error was. I had thought the Gears of War 5 had frozen as the initial splash screen with the skull and spinning gear went on for a couple minutes, but it eventually load to the "Press Enter/A to Play" screen. But then it seemed to hang, as after pressing a button I got a spinning icon in the corner and nothing else. So it seems like Gears of War 5 is similarly afflicted. Re-launching it did not show an error message, but it hung in the same place after pressing a button to play.

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy showed the launcher screen saying it was launching the game, then displayed the message, "Something went wrong launching your game. Error code: (0x80070102)" and closed out without launching the game. It won't launch at all.

Doom Eternal had the same issue as Guardians of the Galaxy: "Something went wrong launching your game. Error code: (0x80070102)"

Forza Horizon 4 launched and started up correctly.

Scarlet Nexus launched and started up correctly.
  6. Lukeuk1995 Win User

Xbox 360 backwards compatibility

Hi

I’ve just tried this, straight after the 360 load up screen I get “Getting your xbox 360 info...” This never loads and the game eventually loads its title screen. I press the A button to start the game and I am then prompted to download my profile on the
    sign in screen as I don’t have and accounts there. This doesnt work as its failing to connect to xbox live.
Thema:

So I try to load up War Thunder and I get to the Press A to play screen. After I press it,...

1. So I try to load up War Thunder and I get to the Press A to play screen. After I press it,... - Similar Threads - try load War

2. Infinite loading screen after trying to claim my 3 months of Xbox game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Infinite loading screen after trying to claim my 3 months of Xbox game pass: I got the Xbox series s that comes with 3 months of Xbox game pass but when I try to claim it, it puts me on a three dot loading screen and nothing ever happens. Its just stuck there infinity...
  3. Every time I load up a game and try to go into an actual game, my screen will turn white...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I load up a game and try to go into an actual game, my screen will turn white...: Ive tried to do everything I know when it comes to factory resetting the whole Xbox with and without games. Its strange as a he white screen only happens when I try to load into an actual game. If...
  4. When I try and open Xbox app, it doesn't load and the Xbox logo doesn't move. It eventually...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try and open Xbox app, it doesn't load and the Xbox logo doesn't move. It eventually...: I have tried restarting my computer, resetting and repairing the app in settings, and uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing has worked. This has happened since the app was updated a couple of...
  5. When I try to open any xbox website it does not load for me. Does anyone have any idea

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I try to open any xbox website it does not load for me. Does anyone have any idea: My internet is okay because I did a test along with I opened other apps. I have had the xbox customer support open for over an hour and hasnt loaded on my pc. Any ideas?...
  6. when I try to connect to xfinitywifi internet on my Xbox the button to log in doesn’t load...

in XBoX on Consoles
    when I try to connect to xfinitywifi internet on my Xbox the button to log in doesn’t load...: My xfinitywifi log in button doesn’t load it only says “sign in with your Xfinity ID Comcast Business customers sign in here By signing in, you agree to our Terms or Service and Privacy Policy...
  7. Whenever I try to log in to cloud gaming on laptops and phones in my house it loads after I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Whenever I try to log in to cloud gaming on laptops and phones in my house it loads after I...: Whenever I try to log in to cloud gaming on laptops and phones in my house it loads after I put in my info then it shows me to sign in again and it goes on forever. Please help!...
  8. Games and sign in take too long to load, tried restarting the games, Xbox, network, cleared...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games and sign in take too long to load, tried restarting the games, Xbox, network, cleared...: It's Christmas eve, I've been away for months, I dusted it off. It could load disney plus slowly, but everything else, like prime video and Netflix, all games both disc and digital don't work. I...
  9. My Roblox will not load no matter what I try.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Roblox will not load no matter what I try.: Hi, I’ve been experiencing a problem for multiple months now and have tried many and multiple different methods to resolve it with no avail. Every time I try to load into the game Roblox on my...
  10. Steamworld Build crashes everytime I try to load a save.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Steamworld Build crashes everytime I try to load a save.: Hello, I'm having trouble with Steamworld Build on Xbox Series X. I can't load my save. If I press continue it starts the loading screen then crashes to desktop. Likewise if I use the load...