So I started up fortnite and I went to play but when I ready up it says matchmaking error #1

Discus and support So I started up fortnite and I went to play but when I ready up it says matchmaking error #1 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I really wanna know why it continues to keep saying it I'm confused and I don't know what to do bf48359c-8296-42a8-86a1-bdefddbe3b1f Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Cameron Lee1, Oct 14, 2023.

1. Cameron Lee1
    Cameron Lee1 Guest

So I started up fortnite and I went to play but when I ready up it says matchmaking error #1

I really wanna know why it continues to keep saying it I'm confused and I don't know what to do

:)

Cameron Lee1, Oct 14, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Cameron. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Are you experiencing similar issues in any other online games?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far?

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. CarolMcCall Knowlton Win User

I can't get past the something went wrong screen no matter what I do

Yes, it happens when trying to play call of duty ww2. It starts up and says something went wrong...i get options to restart or to reset . I get error codes and try to fix the error but it restarts and goes right back to the something went wrong screen!
  4. saskia rose Win User

why can't I sign into xbox?

Thanks for the reply, I have done every single one of those steps.

I'm getting the error code 0x80832003 now.

I was able to get it working yesterday played for hours no issues but when I went to turn the console back on to play Fortnite it wouldn't connect me. Turned it off for maybe an hour or so and was able to jump on and play.

Today I turned it on and said I wasn't connected and I went offline and online again in network settings and it worked. Now I'm trying to play Fortnite now that I have booted it up and I'm getting that error code.
  5. FoldingClient6 Win User

Stubbs The Zombie download not playing

i have the new xbox 360 and i bought stubbs the zombie on xbox live marketplay but when i went to play it a error poped up say it can't be started... i have all the updates and everything and i redownloaded it but that didn't work so what should i do?
  6. Kr+ Win User

Xbox One X Start up problems ever since I purchased this about 2 yrs ago

Hia Sassan,

Yes this has its original hdd in it.. other than assembling it no other modifications have been done on it.

I have hard wired the internet connection right from day 1.

>> "or possibly after failed/incomplete updates"

I am guessing that since I had enabled the 2 checkboxes "keep my console up-to-date" & "keep my apps and games up-to-date", this may be causing the auto-updates to fail and then when we restart it may be ending up in start-up errors?

Yes after the OSU update (think there are 3 stages.. the progress-bars) the system restarts in between and then once all done it goes into the set-up mode and it does an update. There have been about 4 instances in the past where this update was failing
    as I could see the process trying to update but coming back to the same screen and trying it again and went into an infinite loop so had to hard boot it at which point it went into the start-up error.

Now after yesterday's OSU update, the update during set up went ahead and allowed to progress to completion. However, when I tried installing fortnite it again stopped at 2.3gb downloaded and said installation stopped.. This morning when i restarted xbox
    it went into the start-up error.. after 2 further failed attempts of restarts, I unplugged the power cable and waited for an hour before reattempting to boot and miraculously xbox booted up!

And after an ardous 4 hrs of attempting fortnite installation it finally succeeded this afternoon and my son is now playing on it.

My worry is this is likely to not last long as I have been through this process a number of times in the past :(. I am dreading that this would repeat in the near future :(.

Is there anything I need to be generally aware of or tricks, so as to avoid my xbox one x going into this frenzy mode often?

Cheers

Krish
Thema:

1. So I started up fortnite and I went to play but when I ready up it says matchmaking error #1 - Similar Threads - started fortnite went

2. one drive is not getting started

in XBoX on Windows
    one drive is not getting started: one drive is not getting started. 89c9d416-9816-45bb-a87d-b61eb53c5c72
  3. BBC iPlayer app died on me? Started freezing w Whitescreen.

in XboX Insiders
    BBC iPlayer app died on me? Started freezing w Whitescreen.: Hi. I am having issues w the BBC iPlayer freezing on a white screen on app start all the sudden. It worked fine till a week ago. 2 or 3 updates ago it started freezing. I am on Alpha Skip-Ahead....
  4. Xbox series X has problems starting up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has problems starting up: Has anyone else had issues with this? My best guess is probably a failing power supply from research. It started a few weeks ago I will go to start my Xbox Series X up and the light on the console...
  5. Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...: My question was in the title. 000f7462-b93c-4241-a2b4-c7a3e1015b0c
  6. My MSI katana's keyboard disables itself and starts pressing down random keys only when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    My MSI katana's keyboard disables itself and starts pressing down random keys only when gaming: I've tried everything with device manager but it doesn't change a single thing, i even tried using an external keyboard but the same thing happens. This issue first began a year ago when i just...
  7. Fortnite won’t start on my Xbox S, it constantly shows failed. I have deleted the account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite won’t start on my Xbox S, it constantly shows failed. I have deleted the account...: Fortnite won’t start on my Xbox S, it shows failed all of the time. I have deleted my account and re added it but it’s no different. I have tried adding a new account but still the same outcome...
  8. How do I fix the error code "20002, open service failed", when trying to start Fortnite.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix the error code "20002, open service failed", when trying to start Fortnite.: I keep getting an error code while trying to boot up Fortnite. It's 20002, open service failed, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere. However, it only pops up about 80-90% of the time I try...
  9. My fortnite account does not start on my xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My fortnite account does not start on my xbox series s: It's been a week since I bought the new Xbox Series S and as of today I have not been able to log into my Fortnite account, I have already tried contacting Epic Games support but they tell me to...
  10. Fortnite on Xbox Cloud error - "Couldn't start your cloud gaming session. Unable to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite on Xbox Cloud error - "Couldn't start your cloud gaming session. Unable to...: Xbox Cloud Gaming won't start a Fortnite session. I've been getting a "Couldn't start your cloud gaming session. Unable to communicate with servers. Please try again." error for about a month now....