So I installed fortnite on my xbox and it's linked to a old acc but idk how to unlink it...

Discus and support So I installed fortnite on my xbox and it's linked to a old acc but idk how to unlink it... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I installed fortnite on my xbox and it's linked to a old acc but idk how to unlink it idk what email it's on. Is there a way to like unlink it then... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ash Taylor1, Dec 12, 2023.

1. ash Taylor1
    ash Taylor1 Guest

So I installed fortnite on my xbox and it's linked to a old acc but idk how to unlink it...

So I installed fortnite on my xbox and it's linked to a old acc but idk how to unlink it idk what email it's on. Is there a way to like unlink it then put my email and link my new acc

:)

ash Taylor1, Dec 12, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

So I installed fortnite on my xbox and it's linked to a old acc but idk how to unlink it because idk what email it's on. Is there a way to like unlink it then put my email and link my new acc

Hi Ash. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

The account connection is made on Epic Games' system and therefore must be unlinked from the Epic Games account. It is possible to sign into your Epic Games account using the linked Xbox account.

Note that your Fortnite progress and purchases are store on your Epic Games account. If you unlink these accounts, you'll lose access to this on your Xbox account. This is not a concern if it's an old account and you want to switch it to your new Epic Games account which has your most current Fortnite progress.

Visit this page: https://www.epicgames.com/account/connected?sessionInvalidated=true

Sign in using Xbox. Once you're signed in, click REMOVE under your Xbox account.

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. XD TenBobcat Win User

I can't enable the Fortnite Epic friends list because my age is set wrong.

If I unlink my old Xbox account from Fortnite and link my new account, will all my skins still be there?
  4. schnurren Win User

Epic games says my xbox account is linked to another epic games acc

Hello Isaac_009,

Is it possible that at some point you downloaded and played Fortnite from your Xbox?

If so, an account was created at that moment.

Try to follow the steps described in this link to unlink that account from your Xbox acc : https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/86en3k/xbox_account_already_linked_to_epic_games_account/dw4ge1m/
  5. Bizzo Global Win User

Epic account link

I have recently downloaded Fortnite on my Xbox one and was automatically linked to my live account. I created an account with epic games and tried to link it to my xbox account and can't because of the initial download on my console was currently
    linked. Can you tell me how to unlinked this so I can link my epic account?
  6. TitaniaEB Win User

I can't enable the Fortnite Epic friends list because my age is set wrong.

If I unlink my old Xbox account from Fortnite and link my new account, will all my skins still be there?
    I have the same question. We are running into issues with crossplay and are trying a work around... We do not want to lose the skins and other content by linking a new account. Does anyone know if content is lost once you unlink an account and add a new one?
Thema:

1. So I installed fortnite on my xbox and it's linked to a old acc but idk how to unlink it... - Similar Threads - installed fortnite linked

2. Fortnite won't install and I quite literally tried everything

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite won't install and I quite literally tried everything: hi so basically my Xbox won't let me download fortnite like at all it said my content doesn't match the version I been invited to play and i don't know how to fix it at all I been playing fortnite...
  3. Why won’t Fortnite install?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t Fortnite install?: I’ve tried many times to fix this issue but nothing seems to work. This has been happening since the new Fortnite season was released and the update won’t install. To fix it at first I tried...
  4. Fortnite is not installing on my xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite is not installing on my xbox one: On the Epic Games website, it says that fortnite is compatible with xbox one, xbox one s etc but it in the xbox game shop it says that it is compatible with xbox one x enhanced and xbox series s|x...
  5. It won’t let me install Fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    It won’t let me install Fortnite: Fortnite won’t update. Almost 2 weeks ago I tried to update Fortnite but it wouldn’t work. It would give me an error and say to delete it and reinstall it so I did that when I tried to reinstall...
  6. Fortnite installation stopped

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite installation stopped: Trying to install Fortnite, as soon as I click install a popup saying requires an update to play, with the option to accept or cancel, when I click accept it tries to install then get installation...
  7. I’m trying to install the fortnite update but am constantly getting an “installation...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m trying to install the fortnite update but am constantly getting an “installation...: Split from this thread. I am having this problem too, I play on Xbox one s, i’ve restarted my Xbox, hard reset my xbox with and without saving my games and apps, cleared my cache, hard powered...
  8. Xbox One X will not load games or apps, and will not install Fortnite Chapter 5

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One X will not load games or apps, and will not install Fortnite Chapter 5: i have done every trick in the book when it comes to troubleshooting, including hard and soft resets, uninstalling and reinstalling, checking connections, making storage space, and my console will...
  9. I’m trying to install the fortnite update but am constantly getting an “installation...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m trying to install the fortnite update but am constantly getting an “installation...: and I have no clue why I can’t install, I have followed all the steps in troubleshooting and yet it still won’t instal, help me please? 258f0322-578e-420b-ab3d-f560b9e98447
  10. Installation stopped Error when updating Fortnite 16.11.23

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation stopped Error when updating Fortnite 16.11.23: When trying to update Fortnite today, I receive a notification every few seconds that the installation has stopped. The update does not get past 0% I have tried literally everything on 10 support...