So I can send/receive voice messages, but can't talk or hear party/game chat

Discus and support So I can send/receive voice messages, but can't talk or hear party/game chat in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ive tried all the recommended troubleshooting steps. Tried 2 separate controllers. NAT is open with all necessary ports forwarded. C'mon maaann!... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Clutch313, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Clutch313
    Clutch313 Guest

Ive tried all the recommended troubleshooting steps. Tried 2 separate controllers. NAT is open with all necessary ports forwarded. C'mon maaann!

:)

Clutch313, Feb 6, 2016
  2. Cow Kisser
    Cow Kisser Guest
    Can't talk in party chat or game chat, but can send voice messages

I don't know what is going on. I can't talk in party chat or gta game chat with my friend, but we can both send and receive voice messages, so I know my mic isn't broken. My GT is and this is on the Xbox One console

Cow Kisser, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Banned

Why am I banned from party chat, and I can't send messages. I can hear people and see their messages they send me but I can't talk to them. Please help

Black Hawks 242, Feb 6, 2016
  4. Clutch313
    Clutch313 Guest

So this is happening again. After last time (see above for time stamp), it fixed itself after about an hour or so. Any info on a work-around other than the standard troubleshooting steps (hard reboots, modem/router resets, etc.) would be appreciated. Cheers!

Clutch313, Feb 9, 2016
  5. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Hey there Clutch313!

Be sure all members in the party have an open NAT, if any friends don't have an open NAT you may run into issues such as the one you're experiencing. So that we can look deeper into this can you share your detailed network statistics on the console? Thanks!

Mister Maka, Feb 10, 2016
  6. Clutch313
    Clutch313 Guest
    Thanks for the reply. I'm 100% sure that NAT type is not the issue, since when I'm in a party by myself while this issue is occurring, the orange ring does not light up signifying that it is picking up my voice. However, to answer your question, yes, members
    of a party I join all have open NATs. This issue is occurring as I post this, FYI. Below are detailed network statistics.

17.32 dl/1.18 upload

Packet loss 0%

MTU 1480

Latency 85

**as I've said above, I can send and receive voice messages and hear them played through my headset, so I know this is in no way an issue on my end. Thanks again for the reply.

Clutch313, Feb 11, 2016
  7. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Just to check, how are you connected to the internet? Wired or wireless?

If you're wireless is it possible to give a wired connection a try to see if it improves your upload speed?

Mister Maka, Feb 12, 2016
  8. Clutch313
    Clutch313 Guest

Hardlined.

The issue is fixed right now. Finally fixed itself after my 5th hard shutdown last night.

Clutch313, Feb 12, 2016
  9. Clutch313
    Clutch313 Guest
    Please stop trying to find a way for this to be a problem on my end. Because it's not.

Clutch313, Feb 12, 2016
  10. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    Clutch it is called troubleshooting. Unfortunately, you have to go through the process in which each steps helps to eliminate a specific fail point. For people here to help you have to be willing to assist with whatever they suggest.

Anyway, Glad you have it resolved currently. Maybe you will have continued success. Happy Gaming!

{Parity}, Feb 12, 2016
  11. Clutch313
    Clutch313 Guest
    As I said above, I do appreciate the reply and your assistance with the issue. I also said above that I had already gone through the troubleshooting steps, and I have continued to cycle through said troubleshooting steps each time it happens. I decided to
    create a thread after the troubleshooting process failed to correct the issue, so as to let you guys know that it is not a user-end issue serving as the problem's root cause. Please forgive any frustration for having to repeat myself that may have shown through
    in my replies.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to reply and work on this issue. Have a great afternoon!

Clutch313, Feb 12, 2016
  12. Clutch313
    Clutch313 Guest
    So this is happening again. Been this way for a few hours now. I've already done the troubleshooting steps multiple times over, FYI, so that we don't have to go down that road again.

Clutch313, Feb 16, 2016
  13. Clutch313
    Clutch313 Guest

Happening again..pretty much always happens this time of night. Also have noticed that while this issue occurring, I am not able to add friends. When attempting to add friends while unable to communicate through game and party chat, I get a message that
    reads:

"Something went wrong. You can't add or change your relationship with this person right now. Try again in a while."

Guess I'll just go through the troubleshooting steps hat never work. Sorry, I'm frustrated.

Clutch313, Feb 17, 2016
  14. Clutch313
    Clutch313 Guest
    Looks like there's an Xbox live service alert noting that Social and Gaming services are currently limited. Hoping this is related to my specific issue (an issue I have been told I'm not alone in having) and this quagmire can finally be fixed.

Clutch313, Feb 17, 2016
  15. Hordie
    Hordie Guest
    Hi there.

Forgive me if I missed this, but I don't see where you've posted about trying multiple mics. Have you tested this with different headsets and or adapters? Usually if you create a party by yourself and see no mic light up its a sign of hardware issue with
    the headset. Not always the case, but often it is.

Hordie, Feb 17, 2016
Thema: