So I bought music on Xbox Music, and I can't do anything with it. What gives?

Discus and support So I bought music on Xbox Music, and I can't do anything with it. What gives? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; It's still write-protected when I attempted to move it to my SD card. I didn't just drop 10 bucks on the album so I could listen to it offline.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pure Anti Dream, Jan 1, 2014.

1. So I bought music on Xbox Music, and I can't do anything with it. What gives?

It's still write-protected when I attempted to move it to my SD card. I didn't just drop 10 bucks on the album so I could listen to it offline.

:)

Pure Anti Dream, Jan 1, 2014
  2. Music troubles

So, I was trying to get music onto my OneDrive account, which I was able to do, and then get it onto my Groove music account. But, when I try to download that music onto my Xbox 360, I can't find anything to do that. And I know it's possible, since there's
    a button in the Groove music app that says "My Downloads".

Anybody got any suggestions?

SixChannelGamer, Jan 1, 2014
  3. dyslextasy
    dyslextasy Guest
    Can I import iTunes playlists into Xbox Music?

I bought into the "vision" of Xbox Music being a central point of music management for my laptop, Surface and WP8. However, the experience has been pretty terrible so far. We've been iTunes/iPod users for many years. We've ripped a ton of CDs into iTunes
    and created a lot of playlists. I thought it should be pretty straightforward to import my iTunes music and playlists over into the Xbox Music world, based on what I've read about Xbox Music. However, I cannot figure out how to make the playlists work. My
    problem is specifically about the iTunes playlists.

I *am* able to import an iTunes playlist onto my WP8 phone, using the beta version of the Desktop Sync app. That worked really well. But that's really not what I want to do. Ideally I want to import all of my iTunes playlists to Xbox Music on my laptop,
    and have my phone sync with the Xbox Music service, using the playlists and music that I'm managing on my laptop. But I have no idea how to make Xbox Music import iTunes playlists. I was able to export a playlist from iTunes and import it into Xbox Music,
    but it couldn't associate any of the music with the playlist, so it was useless.

This works really well on the WP8 phone, so I'm not sure why it can't work on Xbox Music. My favorite playlist has about 700 songs on it, and I really really do not want to have to re-create it in Xbox Music. I know that Xbox Music is early and will probably
    be improved, but that's not really an excuse. Does anyone know of a trick that works? Thanks.

dyslextasy, Jan 1, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

So I bought music on Xbox Music, and I can't do anything with it. What gives?